Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When did you decide to shave your facial hair..

When did you decide to shave your facial hair..

and keep it shaved? This is a must for those that want to pass. It's the beginning of serioius CDing IMO.

For me, it was nearly 10 years ago after my wife left. My old high school friends have beards and might wonder why I don't. lol
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I haven't kept my facial hair since I was 18. Even if I wasn't a CDer I wouldn't grow it out, it's really patchy and uneven and just looks silly.

So your implying nearly all those in professional jobs who wear suits are sliding into CD.

I think it's more likely they or their SO likes a clean shave. My SO likes it smooth.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

Only had a beard once a long time ago it never looked right, to patchy. But allways had a mustache, from full bushy to fu-man-chu to even a walrus. Just shaved it off permanently last year, it was 90% grey and made me look old big time, never to come back now. One good thing about the grey, very little shadow when clean shaved so easier to cover.

Lisa

4 years ago

Always kept it clean.. hasn't ever felt right when it has grown out a little. guess that's a good thing now

I've always shaved except for the couple of times decades ago when I tried to grow a beard and see what it was like.

Turns out I can't as the whiskers never fill in.

Fine by me.

I don't mind shaving and it makes the feminine impression better.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I'm always clean shaven -- can't grow a decent beard to save my life; I just end up looking like a hobo after a few days. I only shave every 3-4 days because I have sensitive skin, but I'll do a more careful job shaving when I'm dressing.

As soon as I get my electric razor fixed.

I use a blade in emergencies, always clean shaven.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    When it scratches my wife's legs?
    Never had a proper moustache. Only when I was about 14/15, I had what we call a bum fluff tash. Clean shaven ever since.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I had a beard back in my younger days, late teens and early 20s. I had to shave my facial hair when I joined the military and was only able to grow it out when I was on 30 days leave or more. I didn't do that too often though because I started picking up grey hair in my beard and it made me look a lot older than I am. I kept it shaved after I got out and was more accepting of my other self, and have kept it clean ever since.

If there was a way to do a treatment that would keep it from growing in, I'd do that in a second. But my natural hair color is red (what's left, and that isn't grey anyway) so laser hair removal is out and I don't have the money (with a daughter in grad school) to do electrolysis.

And no one has invented a magic wand yet.

~Mel
    ~Linebacker Melissa

I was clean shaven until I came to the States in the seventies and grew a zapata mustache. I guess I was truing to be more macho. I certainly looked like every other American man in the seventies. I wooed and married my wife while wearing it and shaved it off while she was on a trip. She didn't recognize me when I met her at the airport but she was absolutely delighted. She said she did not realize I had such a beautiful upper lip. I've never had facial hair since. That was about thirty years ago. I'm still happy with my upper lip, though it now usually has lipstick. BTW I do think men with beards or mustaches and bright lipstick are really sexy so it's not that I think cds should be clean shaven. If you want to be into gender-effery more power to you. Facial hair just doesn't work for me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Ressie, The last time that I had facial hair was for about 6 months back in the middle 70s'.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

When I was in my twenties I grew a mustache to look more mature. When I was in my 50's I looked in the mirror and decided that I didn't need to look more mature!

Since then I have done electrolysis and laser. The only comment I get it is about how much younger I look! It is great to not worry about beard cover and to be able to wear normal GG makeup.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    About the same time I decided to take the leap and get a wig and tryout makeup. For about 10 years or so before that time I would dress in various stages of cross dressing, but never fully dressed. One day I talked to my wife about a wig, and she said, well then I think you would need to shave your goatee. Shortly thereafter it was done.

But it scared the crap out of me to do it. I have such a baby face it helped to age me to have my facial hair. I thought it would turn my world upside down to shave it. It didn't. I lived. And I enjoy it.

Occasionally I let it grow out for a week or two here and there but it is so grey now it just makes me look so old!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Had a moustache from 18 to age 53 had long mutton chop sideburns for a while a thin beard,full beard,gotee etc.
    At 53 I said its all gone never again will I let it grow back.
    People were shocked at first but they said I looked 15 years younger without all the facial hair.
    Me about age 23 a hard core nasty person at that time full of piss and vinegar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-06-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Junior Member Stephanie Voorhees's Avatar
    Looks like I'm the only one who still does keep their beard. I just like it far too much to shave it off.

I grew a beard for the Kansas centennial in 1961 and had either a beard or mustash until I started courting my current wife in 1975, and then let it all grow until Jan 2014 when I shaved all off when the wife was in Texas visiting her sister. She almost didn't recognize me at the airport.

People tell me I look a lot younger with out the beard. It even surprised me at how I look now. The kids don't remember me with out the beard.

The beard is all white now so it doesn't require beard cover, just a foundation and regular GG makeup. Even after two days with out shaving you can't see the stubble, but you sure can feel it, so I have to shave every day or don't even think of getting close to the wife!!

Hugs Bria

For me about 8 years, was about then I hated having any facial hair and now keep it shaved all the time. Just be nice if I could keep it off longer...

2005, I think, when deciding to attend a local TG function.
    DonnaT

Originally grew a beard when i was 16 or 17 - so I could go into a pub to get a drink (alcohol) - never got challenged because no one expected someone underage to have a beard - shaved it off when about 18 or19. (drinking age in UK = 18)
    Grew one again (full set) about 5 years ago, this time dark mustache the rest being light grey/white (age catching up with me).
    My son moved out just before christmas and I started dressing seriously again (after a gap - I tried dressing occasionally during the 5 years with the beard but it looked daft). So the beard had to go soon into the new year. It's NOT coming back.
    Be truthful to yourself.

Too sparse on the cheeks. Never could grow any decent facial hair (except eyebrows which, if untamed, tend to become caterpillars!).

Two drivers license photos from the 70s. I would have made a hot CD back then!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I've had a mustache for most of my adult life. The occasional winter beard and lately the mustache/goatee VanDike thing. It seems someone always says 'why did you shave it off' question comes up. It's all gone now and only my mom and my wife really know why I shave.

Evolution of Self Erica William's Avatar
    never really kept facial hair and didn't come in until i was in my early 30's. now I need someone to shave my back.