Ok, I finally got up the guts to do what I've been dreaming about: go out dancing.
I have to credit a much more outgoing friend of mine for convincing me to go.

We went out to a busy gay club, in a group of four (three of us en femme, and fourth a cis girl). In case you're thinking naughty things, I wasn't looking for a hookup - I just always liked dancing, and dancing as a girl is one of my main fantasies.

I have to admit I learned some more feminine dance moves in advance. Didn't want to look like a dude in a dress. Thank you, YouTube!

It rocked. It was exactly what I wanted: dark, smoke filled (smoke machine, not cigs), dance floor brimming with people of every type imaginable. A place where no one looked at me strangely, and just dark enough that I might be convincingly feminine.

A few surprises:
- didn`t expect that many straight people. Huh.
- the women's washrooms were a riot. All those anecdotes were true, it's like a social gathering place. So much talking in there! All the women there very cheery at seeing me.
- I honestly expected not to attract any attention, especially not from women. That was perhaps my own reverse prejudice (assuming cis women look down on CDs). Wrong! Several girls were very friendly, to the point of approaching me and dancing with me.
- Sadly (and naively), I attracted some wrong attention too. A guy who probably had a bit much to drink became very sexually aggressive with me. That was a first for me... I was always the pursuer, not the pursued. I got a taste of the other side of the feminine experience, but it did not feel flattering, only menacing.

Overall, though, the night was a success, and I'm looking forward to going again.