Thread: A quick adventure/experiment

A quick adventure/experiment

This might get a bit long so please bear with me. The other night I dressed up for the first time in a long time and I had a wonderful time. It was a somewhat warm evening so I stepped out on the back porch for awhile and enjoyed my time outside(late and no neighbors to worry about!) The wife and I talked for awhile and then we both crashed hard. The following morning I got the kids off to school and then decided to do some shopping for the Mrs. for Mother`s Day. Now, mind you, I have gone out before underdressed and with some light eye makeup on but never interacted with anyone. Before I left I decided to call and double check with the local Lane Bryant on their policy with CD/Transgendered customers. The girl assured me that I was welcome and they could help me with all of my needs. I dont know if you want to call it boy mode, girl mode or something in between. Anyway, bra with small forms, panties, College themed hoodie, guys jeans, gender neutral tennis shoes. mascara and eyeliner(lined upper lids only) and some lip gloss. No wig, girlie sunglasses on. Not all guy, not all girl The drive up was nonevent until I hit the parking lot and wow, did I get nervous! I immediately scanned the area for anyone that I recognized(didn't see anyone, lol). Quickly checked my phone and then stepped out of the comfort of my truck. A deep breath and another scan of the parking lot, all clear. Head up, shoulders back and my best girly walk right into the store. I put my sunglasses on my head and am greeted with a friendly hello. I walked over to the desk and the manager(I assume) asks me if I need any help and upon seeing my appearance, make up and boobs, she greets me with a nice gentle, accepting smile and a "how can I help you?". I am now at ease. I tell her that I needed a gift card and she hooks me up and asks me if I needed help with anything else. Uh oh, PANIC! I looked around the store and said not today. I am then met with another look from the manager that I interpreted as, "it`s ok, you are fine". I paid for the gift card for the wife. Shot the manager a nice smile, said thank you and left. I DID IT!!!!

The world didn't end. The girls in the store didn't fall on the floor laughing like the devil. What a rush. there was one older woman who was walking right behind me and got into the vehicle right next to my truck. I caught a look of shock on her face from the corner of my eye as she checked me out. All I could do was giggle a bit knowing that I would probably never see her again.

To wrap up the story, the Mrs. is taken care of for Mother`s day. I proved to myself that going out andro/a bit girly and not all guy is not the end of the world. It was fun. Lastly, the drive home was non eventful and very relaxing. Next time, if there is a next time(don't want to violate any agreement that I have with the wife) I think that it could be nice outfit, wig, full make up, you know....full on girl mode Something tells me that no one would be the wiser(and I don't pass well...at all).

If you have stuck with me this far, thank you for reading. Sometimes this life we live is a very rocky road and sometimes it brings comfort and the happiest of feelings. Through it all, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Nat

Well done on many accounts

Nat,
    It may seem easier to go half and half but I went all the way when I first went out, I felt there was no other way.

It worked for me but of course it was a bit of a rush.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Going outin fem is like sticking your toe into a cold pool of water. It seems so cold. Hoe could you ever get into the water? But if you just take the plunge, in a very short time it feels ok. Crossdressing is like riding a bicycle....once you get it, it is just a natural. Crossdressing is very much a matter of presentation and practice. The more ou practice the better you become and the better you become, the more ou enjoy it. But the thrill for me has never gone away.
    Keep trying and enjoying.
    Paula

Platinum Member
    Hi Natalie, The LB stores are great , Next time you might even try on something on.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Ok. If you're in a CD/TG friendly store and the manager is assisting you AND knows your "secret", and asks you if you need anything else -- that's a clue that 1) you're ok there, and 2) TIME TO SHOP!!!

Now, say it to yourself: "TIME TO SHOP" ten times a day, repeat as necessary.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Platinum Member
    Glad to hear of your successful venture!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I just LOVE Lane Bryant stores! They always have treated me wonderfully. (This past Valentines Day, I was so pleased with my treatment by the manager, I stopped back and gave her a box of chocolates!). The next time you go in, tell the manager that you'd like to arrange for a bra fitting! I would bet that she'll take you right back to the fitting room, size you up and let you try on several bras - with her adjusting the straps and hooking you up and discussing the relative merits of each. Besides getting a great fitting bra, discussing bra issues with another woman is really exciting! Give it a try.

What a great experience for you, thanks for sharing
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Silver Member
    Wonderful to read that your "quick adventure" was a positive experience! Going out & about, being comfortable and confident with how you are presenting is always a big plus! Perhaps because of the LB managers friendliness you have become another satisfied customer. Dress Barn and its SA's are also very CD friendly, offering a great variety of quality feminine attire. Enjoy.

Thanks for the comments ladies! I am still on cloud nine and ready to do it again! I also called ahead to Ulta in the same plaza and they said that I am welcome. I am fairly good at make up but I probably should have at least a consultation and makeover sometime just to get a few pointers! Need to get my nerve up! lol.

Well done Natalie! Have to say though, I don'y think I could do androgynous. Full deal or none - it's the only way I feel comfortable.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Natalie,

CONGRATS and what a great story. I am glad it worked out well for you and not only did you get your wife a gift for Mother's Day but now you have an accepting place to shop for yourself or your wife.

Hugs

Isha

Very well done, glad you enjoyed yourself and I hope you have more good memories like this to come. Share anytime because it gives me hope out here in the Pitchfork and Torches state of Nebraska.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I did some similar reconnaissance before I actually went out in full fem mode. It will get easier hon just trust your instincts.
    I've yet to have a problem to two whole times I've been out yeah I know so many of you gave gone hundreds of times but got to start somewhere. My next step will be interacting enfem with the SA.
    Great job Nat

Quote Originally Posted by Jennylovestodress View Post
    Very well done, glad you enjoyed yourself and I hope you have more good memories like this to come. Share anytime because it gives me hope out here in the Pitchfork and Torches state of Nebraska.
    Same here Jenny. I live in the heart or Redneckville and I have to drive a ways to get out and away from people that I would know.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well done!!!
    Being dressed 50/50 seems normal to me anymore.

Good for you! You should feel great about that experience!