Thread: !950's

Stephania

!950's

I was on tumbler the other day and was looking at The Lingerie Addicts blog and she had a post about some of "us" from the 50"s. Did anyone else see it? I was totally blown away. Not that I don't think "we've" been around forever but this was documentation of our existence from days gone by.

check out the film Glen or Glenda (1953) if you REALLY want your mind blown!
    Last edited by Mink; 05-07-2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: yeaar

I can give you examples of male to female shapeshifters from long ago in what we have come to know as Atlantis but that would be telling wouldn't it? The art has been forgotten for the most part.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I know it was after the 50's (in the 60's) but this reminds me of an article in the New Your Times about Casa Susanna:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/07/ga...anted=all&_r=0

Silver Member
    I didn't find the post, but lived it. Well the tail end of it. Really hit my stride in the early 60s. My dad told me their was "one of us" in town when he was young. I passed well enough to be able to shop and go out to movies or what ever. I lived in a very conservative medium sized town, but a people knew about me. SAs liked me because I purchased stuff. Clothes were a lot different then. I think that in someways it was easier to hide your figure with A-line skirts.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda.clark View Post
    I know it was after the 50's (in the 60's) but this reminds me of an article in the New Your Times about Casa Susanna:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/07/ga...anted=all&_r=0
    thank you for posting that. it was a beautiful read!
    I hope they make the movie about that place
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Yes! In the right hands it would make a good movie. In the wrong hands it would be awful, though.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 05-24-2014 at 05:04 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

It would be a good movie but attitudes change and the political correctness and modern interpretation of the scenario would kill it completely.

Compare a 1945 movie about Al Capone with one made today.

Smoking has also become unfashionable in the elapsed time.

Everyone would be dressed in imitation cotton dresses.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Well, it has been made into a play.

I'm going to buy a copy of the book when it's available again - to read through it and weep, if nothing else.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    I do believe we have been around an extremely long time.
    And lingerieLiz, I like your post.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I was married in the mid 50's, and had already been a CD for over 10 years!! So yeah, we have been around for a very long time!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Here is the you tub link to Glen or Glenda (1953) trailer that Mink mentions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taoDcurT738&feature=kp
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Banned Read only
    Crossdressing is certainly not a new thing. Among some Native American tribes, there were women who dressed and functioned as men and men who dressed and functioned as women. As I remember, there have even been references going back much further in time. It's just how it is. Clearly the availability of the accoutrements of femininity is greater than it has ever been, but it has always been there.