Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD's, do u STILL get an adrenaline high from it?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question CD's, do u STILL get an adrenaline high from it?

I'm in my, what? 17th year of dressing? When I dress in private, I often get the same high I did when I started. From the way the foundations, prosthesis, heels, etc. feel. Sitting down on a big squishy tush. Not being able to see to fasten anything below my forms without a mirror. Bumping into things with my fuller figure!

And then when I'm finished? Looking in the mirror is STILL the ultimate rush!

I supposed dressing would become routine by this time for me?

Long time CD's, does dressing STILL blow your hair back? The same way it did when u started? If so, any idea why?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    No question about it, yes it's such a rush maybe not as much as it use to be but when that wig goes on the makeup looks good it's amazing. Now that I shop and even try on clothes mostly en drab too that's kinda the same too, keeps it kinda new.

...well, no not exactly. It is different. At first I felt a rush because it was a forbidden activity, it was almost a fantasy dedicated to CDing and now that I am okay with it, the result is more like amazement that it is possible and I am more realistic. There is still excitement in going out, but I noticed the other day, when I was out, I almost forgot I was dressed as I carried on with my other activities. ...but there is a slight rush when I look in the mirror and see it is still possible to look good.
    Chickie

The fascination has not disappeared yet.
    The rush is still there,maybe not the same as .... When I was twenty.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There's still a rush as I anticipate getting dressed up and especially when I get started but it's nothing like when I was a teenager and would physically shake from the adrenaline.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

no adrenaline anymore, and some days when I'm sitting pretty having coffee in a mall, I'm missing my family time, wondering if the family is awake yet, what are they doing or planning to do, so my outings are getting shorter. When Josie is out to keep me company, I could totally enjoy the whole day, but it's still not adrenaline, it's just super relaxing.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I've been dressing for about 24 years and it definitely still provides an adrenaline rush for me. The intensity of the high and sexual arousal has diminished a bit from the early years but but all those feelings you describe Sherry are there for me too, particularly that first look in the mirror once I am fully transformed.
    Such a delightful sensation of intense pleasure

No, I haven't felt that for a long long time.
    When I'm out, I feel very relaxed, as though it is quite normal (which it is for me).
    Occasionally I feel a little anxiety, when I find my self in a place where I feel like I'm being watched, or noticed, or don't seem to fit in.
    Stephanie

After over 50 years of dressing I must say that the rush, while maybe not as great as it was when I was in my teens or 20's, is still there. The anticipation that I feel when I know that I will have some time to dress and when I go shopping is really still the same as it has always been though.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Years ago I did get a rush seeing a complete transformation from male to female. Looking in the mirror and seeing a complete different person. Now for me it is so different. I tend to stay more towards a natural and casual look. Did away with all my wigs and Im trying to find a more gender neutral look. So no matter what cloths I wear I am still seeing myself, just wearing different cloths.
    Erica

I'm still relatively new to dressing but the rush I receive each time is amazing!!

What gives me a natural "high" these days RS is a night of dancing en femme at the club and moving the positive energy around.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sherry , the forum numbers for new, active & total members will help explain that cding is growing & correspondingly is an adrenaline rush . Oh , what a feeling... Peace , Mel

Yes but
    1. Some of thrill has gone since SO knows
    2. After a few days of regular dressing it wears off and don't feel and need for some months or whenever I next see cute chick / dress.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

Yes. But the rush doesn't start when I look into the mirror after I have transformed. It begins as I am laying out my clothes on the bed and getting the makeup out. The rush is in the process as well as the finished product.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Nope no rush anymore and that is the way I wanted it to be. I did not like the highs and lows of the mood swings. I just wanted to feel normal and that is finally how I feel. Whether I am dressed as boy me or girl me, I now just feel like me. I don't get a rush from dressing as a boy or from dressing as a girl.

I don't get so much of a rush as I do just feeling like I'm being myself, it just feels right. I'd be a lot more scared going out looking masculine these days because I'd feel so awkward and uncomfortable. I do still get kind of excited when I have a really nice new piece of clothing, or a new way of doing my makeup or hair. I guess I'm not an exciteable kind of person in general.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Absolutely! Love love love the dressing, makeup, and exhilaration that goes with seeing myself dressed, makes me feel great about myself. Glad to hear it's such a long lasting effect!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Silver Member
    In the beginning - before I fully accepted and understood my feminine side, everything about female attire gave me a "rush"! Now after many years of dressing it has become more of an every day routine, but I love every moment of it! Enjoy.

When the imagination is actively engaged the adrenaline flows. "The rush" is that process, and of course how you perceive yourself becomes the larger process. Usually sexual satisfaction is part of the scenario for me. Others may channel differently. Those who are younger enjoy yourself now while the physical is so intense.

Aspiring Member
    When I look in the mirror and look 15 to 20 years younger, most definitely!

Aspiring Member
    Well, it certainly isn't adrenaline. Adrenaline is associated with increased heart rate, increased breathing rate, and strength, but it is not associated with gratification, pleasure, a sense of well being or social empathy. I would speculate that our brains are hard-wired such that stimulation of one sensory pathway leads to automatic and involuntary response in a second sensory pathway. So our brains respond to cross-dressing just as if we were in contact with a female and releases neurotransmitters to produce the sensations of well-being, pleasure, gratification and bonding. Since our brains are thinking "contact with a female" the neurotransmitters would be: (1) dopamine - the driver, the expectation of gratification, rewards behavior, and important in sex, (2) serotonin - contributes to the sense of well-being and happiness, and (3) Oxytocin - important for bonding and intimacy, comfort, trust, and sensation of love. There may be other neurotransmitters but those are the main ones. I started cross-dressing at a very early age and it was not sexually stimulating at all - it was just for fun. When my testosterone levels were high then the cross-dressing experience was very much sexual. As I have aged my cross-dressing is more about comfort and a sense of well-being.

I don't think I ever had an adrenaline rush per se. There was definitely some sexual elements when I was younger. But now I just feel relaxed and comfortable when I dress. It's a calming thing for me. The only rush I really experience now is some excitement prior to dressing when I'm anticipating it. And of course when I get new clothes to try on

Silver Member
    Always a "rush"!
    Last edited by Chari; 05-08-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Banned Read only
    Most folks have heard of an organization called National Geographic. They HAVE been around a very long time. For a very good reason. They are well respected by anyone with _________________.

They have this show called Brain Games......

It shows beyond any shadow of a doubt what goes on in/how our Human Brains operate.

ALL CDers are Human and what you describe is "just" normal for most.

Except for ALL those CDers who never "had one" while "dressed".