Thread: Is something changing or am I just getting lazy ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Is something changing or am I just getting lazy ?

I was brought up with the adages of hard work never killed anyone and there's no such word as can't ! I bet this rings a bell with other members ! So your adult life is spent living up to those words, I'm not looking for some medals pinned to my chest because I know I'm not in isolation with what I'm saying. I'm not going to bore you with my life story but I have pushed myself hard and part of that was to try and bury my CDing, many will know the feeling of not firing on all cylinders when part of your brain is elsewhere !
    I'm now in my early sixties expecting CDing to have passed but instead another door has opened, mainly due to realising and accepting the true facts since joining the forum.
    I have 60' trees and ridge tiles on my house damaged in the storms which at one time I would have tackled without hesitation but now the hidden part of me is sensing the risks and possible dangers and making me see sense. Or is it now an excuse to be lazy ?
    At one time I couldn't wait to get the latest tool catalogues, now I just look at the stack of tools in the garage and think I don't need anymore ! I really am more interested in clothes and shoes it's almost like Teresa playing catchup !
    The hard work hasn't killed me, and it has given me a reasonable life style, so do I now start beating myself up because I think I'm lazy ?
    I guess all I'm looking for now is a few guilt free years to be Teresa when I choose.
    Last edited by Katey888; 05-08-2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Title corrected...