Thread: Posting a Selfie

Red face Posting a Selfie

To nervous to post a picture. I gone though all the steps, had it all setup up. Mouse of the post button and then...... I freeze and then chicken out. I'm not sure why, I just can't do it, as much as I want to my finger just won't click that button.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    whew good thing you diddnt...cause ALL your friends and family and co workers are all registered members, who posted 10 times just to get acess to that 1 area to see your pic...now you got them all waiting......just kidding.....if your not comfy.....your not comfy.....no big deal

Exactly, please do not ever feel pressured here to post a picture. Only do it when you are ready. Nothing wrong with never being ready. That is you call and not anyone else's

I've been a member here for 3 yrs. and finally posted a picture. All my years CDing never a pic until the ones I posted here, take your time and feel when it's right. I know it may sound silly but it is kind of scary. You'll know when.

Lisa

I sued to worry about posting my face on here but then I figured if someone I know sees the pic then they had to be on here themselves

Like Natalie, i decided that whoever sees any of mine on here (or a couple of other places) must be either a member or have 'an interest' in CDing/Transgendered people to be browsing here. Or they already know my fem name and go looking for me.
    I'm now 'out' to most of the important people (family) in my life so, why hide.
    I'm not going to post anything i'm not happy with.

It's not compulsory to post a pic, some never will.
    It's your choice if you do or not.
    If and when you are ready you will.

I must admit i was very nervous before I did it.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 05-10-2014 at 05:07 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.
    Be truthful to yourself.

I know the feeling. Right now, the only pic is my profile pic of my legs. However, I truly intend to work on makeup and wig skills, and hopefully get some help in these areas so that I will not feel so afraid of the camera while en femme. Oh yeah, regardless of what my wife says, I feel you probably would NOT want to see a pic of me in guy mode. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by natalie_cheryl View Post
    I sued to worry about posting my face on here but then I figured if someone I know sees the pic then they had to be on here themselves
    You DO make a valid point, Natalie.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 05-10-2014 at 05:08 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.

I just recent joined the real pic crowd after being inspired by a similar thread. However for years before that I never would have considered doing it as I was absolutely terrified of discovery. Lately though I am pushing towards self-acceptance and planning on being out sooner rather than later. Posting a pic was an easy step to take in that direction. What won me over in the end was the oft-repeated argument that if anyone recognizes you here you can then turn it around and ask them what brought them to a site like this in the first place.

Anyway, do things on your own terms and in your own time and never feel pressured to do things you aren't comfortable with.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

I'm afraid I was just the opposite and posted tons of pictures here and elsewhere. Now that I've sobered up I've taken most of them down. So don't worry it's really up to you whether to post a picture or not and if in doubt don't. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

It is truly amazing how liquid courage allows you to post things you wouldn't, otherwise. That is how my legs got posted as my profile pic. After I sobered up, I realized I should keep that pic up until I get the nerve to post a full body/face pic.
    Last edited by Tami Monroe; 05-08-2014 at 08:09 PM.

The way I started is with pictures that didn't show my face. Do it that way if it makes you more comfortable.

I don't recommend "liquid courage." If you can't post without being impaired then it isn't a good idea to post.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Jaclyn,
    Post only when you feel you are absolutely ready.

Remember posting on the net is posting to posterity.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

For pre-internet folks like me, a selfie is not all its cracked up to be. The next new fad will be photo bombs...TG style of course.
    Chickie

Take your time, Jaclyn... we're all very patient here...

Seriously - only do what you feel comfortable with, there's no stigma attached with not doing it - the Gallery is for members only so that is more private than other parts of the forum...

And it is worth remembering later (once you become even bolder..) the avatar pics are effectively public, so if you do want to retain a little more privacy, have a tiny full length shot in the avatar, and portrait in your profile...

Obviously I don't care anymore... but I can't believe anyone would recognise me anyway...

Enjoy the anticipation...!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Jaclyn:

We all understand your reluctance. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt. Just remember:

1) as has been said, if you're recognized by someone, you have a legitimate question of what they were doing here. Of course, them spreading the URL to the entire factory or office will far overshadow your question of source.

2) most of us who make an attempt at a femme look/conversion would not be easily recognized by our friends who know that "other" person.

3) the US Government has already pulled the photos out of your computer and you are already the laughing stock of a small group of computer geeks at the NSA, so no sense in trying to keep yourself hidden anymore. Go for it.

Your mileage may differ.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Hey it took me 7 years to post tbe first one. Billie Jean

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I'm also very reticent... Being in the job I am, I know all about facial recognition software, searching and comparing within 'locked down' websites, the tools needed and the warrant requirements if necessary. I'll only post once I am happy to post in the open, ie every one knows already, no one will be surprised and no problems will occur. Until then your fears may be reasonable. Remember once posted online, it can never be removed.

I play a game with new recruits where I'll make a presentation of the online presence of one of them, photos, tweets, Flickr, Instagram, Facebook, MySpace, unsecured email, web mail, etc mapping were they where, who are linked to them and then step that out two links... Can be quite revealing....

Post only when you are happy... No one here will judge, no one here will be anything but supportive, remember you are among friends and like minded souls. Many of us are yet to make that step, me included.
    Call me Donna, please

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Even though I like real pictures of people on the forum, I have to keep in mind that many of you have a lot to lose if discovered. It took me a lot of tries to finally get the icon picture I'm proud of. Also, I'm retired, happily single, and have nothing to lose other than a somewhat colorful reputation!

If you do post a selfie on this site post it here http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...r-Selfies-HERE!!. Otherwise it will be deleted
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Thank you everyone for all the advice and words of encouragement. Some day I'll probably be able to post a picture, just not yet. I think one of the biggest problems is when I look at my pictures I see myself so I figure if someone who knew me that's who they'd see also. Yes and I know the whole if there here thing but that still don't mean I'd want to come out to anyone yet.

So keep watching pics may come soon.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jaclyn,

I can only echo what others have said . . . don't feel pressured to do something you are not comfortable with. When you are ready, you will know and you will push that mouse button and smile when you do it.

Hugs

Isha

I did it! I added a profile picture. I cheated a little by using editing software to help hide identity, but it's still basically me.
    Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change a your life.

Facebook Page