Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

If you decided to transition or dress 24/7, what would you do with yourself and your time? I'm retired, so would no doubt just continue on with what I'm doing to keep busy and occupied, just look better doing it . Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

If I decided to transition? Well I suppose I would go back to work after all is said and done. Our policies prevent discrimination so my job would be waiting . . . I would still retire in 3 years though and get on with enjoying life.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    I don't think I would live my life differently in any meaningful way. I would simply enjoy life that much more!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'd spend a lot more time in public, shopping or whatever. I'm already the houswife of my marriage and my wife has no problem with that. I enjoy being domestic and she hates it lol win/win.
    May sound funny but nothing makes me feel more feminine than doing the laundry or dishes or cooking whilst dressed in my daily girl clothes. I dress 24/7 already at home and out but the clothes I wear out, while women's, mimic men's style. I've slowly been changing that to a more femme appearance.......no dresses or skirts yet but I do wear a lot of pink.....Yay my favorite colour
    Barbie

Banned Read only
    Hi Kate,
    What a great opportunity that would be, I could show my wife how to use all the power tools, how to start the mower ! I could go off and get my hair done, people watch over coffee not feel guilty about those lovely heels I've just bought to go with the outfit I'm planning to get ! When I get back I blow my cheeks out and claim what hard work shopping is and I never want to go again !
    Does this sound familiar ?

Silver Member
    Being assured I was "passable", my daily activities would continue, only I would be feminine 24/7, not just "part time"! Hopefully I would be accepted into a few exclusive women's clubs. Enjoy.

I can't see changing my life in any way. I love what I'm doing, and will continue working for as long as I am able. I'd love to go 24/7, but that would cause problems right now.

I would continue working - i need the money and I enjoy the work

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar
    In order for me to do this, I believe it would require the destruction (or very close to it) of my life I have now... As much as I love dressing, I could never see myself taking it to that level.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

I dream I could really do it.... I would love to be able to go back to my work and wear pretty dresses and gorgeous heels in the office like my female work friends do. My company is predominately women the three of them know about my crossdressing.... I think it would be the older owner that would be less understanding.

I would have to adapt to a different lifestyle and start a new life and identity.

It happened when I was twenty and had no ties, now would be quite different.

I think I would have to disappear off the planet first.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I'd keep working and enjoy the prospect of shopping for nice things to wear to work. My situation is similar to Sophia's in that we have a predominantly female office; the workers are open minded for the most part and we have some LGBT folks amongst them, but the big boss is very retro and not in a good way lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I was under the impression that a 'transition' wasn't about becoming something else, but about adjusting your physical appearance in order to have it match or resemble your self-image and/or help you and others perceive you as your target gender. In other words, if I already do what I'm supposed to do now, why should that change if a hypothetical transition would only bring me closer to myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Hazel Lee View Post
    In order for me to do this, I believe it would require the destruction (or very close to it) of my life I have now....
    Same for me. So I have no idea what I would be doing or where I would be doing it. My entire life situation would have to abandoned and life as I know it would cease to exist.
    Live and let dress.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I'd enjoy the rest of my life as a women, doing pretty much the things I do now. If only life was that simple.

If your transitioning because you identify as female, then your life wouldn't change much.
    Mine hasn't, the only change is that I can be myself now and people see the real me, rather than the personality I constructed to try 'fit in' . Still went around the supermarket today, life goes on.
    If you identify as male, then you would be totally at odds with yourself to transition.
    One is a fantasy, one is a way of life.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Kate, I was just a guy for too many years to transition fully. But if I were to let Tina have 50% of my time, in my fantasy world, I'd have Tina living in one major city for half the time, and let my guy life continue as it is. After being a lady of leisure for a bit, I imagine she would get a part-time job or volunteer...bartender maybe....that would be fun (my guy side is a chemist, so Tina would just follow along in the best tradition of making solutions!)

Hi,

My life has changed in many ways some remain the same . have i changed very much so.and that is still being female, that has not changed or who i am as a person , the one detail that does change is in growing up,

So how does that relate to myself, in some aspects my maleness and others in my femaleness or as both together,

iv grown into a woman and that has been very importaint its called real life, and your whole being ,that has taken place,
    I still do my trade of building no change there, maintain our house and all it entails and yard work washing food and normal house hold dutys ,

What has changed iv joined as a member of womens groups plus other's of cause. most of my friends are women .

i have responcibiltys that i enjoy doing and was asked to by women , one issue / detail that does come up is the trust women have in myself because its not associated with men, it comes to a place were we have a bond of trust that gives us a freedom of no pretence ,we talk freely and it's lovely no hang up's or the like. plus a lovely friendship. between our selfs,

Oh this look better doing it .

oh... Kate. goodness me. not on my jobs it wont happen nore other women i know who come on the building sites. work boots bib overalls sure no makeup and hair in a mess. you sure not worked on our sites. and our daughter - Kaylyn did for me try sanding and cleaning down a house or 3 and see how we look after. not a pretty sight, i can tell you. Kaylyn or i ,or Nathan our son. yes us females can be a grubby lot when the need calls for it.

ZylIa ,

Some of us never needed to transition cant any way, though i know what you mean, part of my difference in who i am

...noeleena...

As someone who recognized my true tendencies at age 60 and had to experiment a bit to figure out my own comfort zone, I am as close to 24/7 as I can manage. It's a comfort thing with me. I am not much of a social creature, never have been, and have developed a persona for public consumption over the years that I can live with and that has the desired results; it doesn't include trans and if it ain't broke, I don't fix it. Currently I live alone (with 3 large dogs). My late SO was very accepting and knew as soon as I did; she just looked at it as one more aspect of someone she had loved and trusted for 40 years. The best I can hope for anyone is that they have what I had with her, so I don't have any issues at home, where I spend most of my time now. When I'm outside, it's for business and I can hardly wait to get back home and slip into something comfortable.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I'd just be doing what I'm doing now and enjoy the fact that I'm no longer putting on a show for others, but finally being myself.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have certainly given the thought of 24/7 a thought,
    but it would have to be such a drastic live style change,
    I don't feel it would ever happen, Not practical at all for work.
    and there are so many other times that I really just need to be dressed in guy mode.

so for a while anyways, it will just be dressing when I get the time.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Not too much of a change from daily operations, minus navigating tricky issues like using public restrooms (so I've heard lines in the women's rest room can be very long), and the loss of male privilege consisting of it usually being more socially acceptable to dress sloppy, weight, not worry about your hair, make up, and being attractive all the time.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth