Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Busted at Walmart yesterday

Actually, this is the time to act as if it is no big deal that you are buying nail polish. You would not be the first husband to buy nail polish for his wife.
    Hugs, Carole

This is not an issue and you shouldn't let your fears get the best of you. For all she knew, you were buying these things for your wife or girlfriend or daughter. Men buy "women's" items all the time. The only real issue is your own fears. Get over it and buy whatever you want!! My spouse buys "women's" items all the time in guy mode; he even tries on women's clothes in the store in guy mode, if he needs to and has never had a problem. Just be yourself and be relaxed and people will respond in kind.

I look at it like this, if i could buy tampons for my wife why should i sweat anything else. If they have an issue i'm finally at the understanding that it's their problem to deal with. I was there at one time, glad i'm not anymore.

O.K., discovered this one by accident. If you want nail polish, just bring a cheap model something or other with you; a model car, train, plane, whatever, you can even just bring the box with you and then pretend to compare what the color of the nail polish bottle will look like on the model, when in reality you just want it for your nails. I found this by needing some orange/pink color paint for trim where it had worn off on a model I had; when at the hobby store, they only have a limited number of colors, and I always wound up mixing colors to try to get the color I wanted, and then of course, waiting for it to dry. Then, bingo; women's nail polishes come in thousands of colors. Go to one of the beauty stores, tell the girl what you need, and she'll happily pull bunches of bottles trying to get you a match for what you need. And the nail polish dries very quickly, and very hard, and you never have to worry about mixing paints again. I hardly every use model paint anymore. Also makes a good excuse for my wall rack of nail polish. And some of the metallics look GREAT! A side benefit; the girls at the local beauty supply now know me on a first name basis, nice to have friendly people to deal with. If they only knew.........
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    No one cares until you come in dressed up. You should hear the laughter even months later if you wear something extreme.....trust me I know

Platinum Member
    Hi Megan, They probably thought that you were using it to color code electrical wires and seal screw threads on electronics like I do.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Not sure just how this would equate to being "busted", unless you knew some of the folks in line behind you.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yes, that stress is real Megan. The good news is that: if you keep it up, there will come a time in the future when you can shop openly and not feel stress! Life has the tendency of presenting us with serious challenges (health, family, career, relationships). Buying lingerie will someday be the least of your concerns!

I actually had an almost similar experience.

I went late at night about 12am-2am to my 24 hour walmart which is 15 minutes away. I was bored and had nothing to do, I was in my guy form. I seen a thong for $3, and have been wanting to try one. I also got some tape for tucking, and in the food section I got some already cut cucumbers to snack on. I went to the express checkout lane and the thong wouldn't scan. I was getting paranoid, tried entering the number myself and it wouldn't take it. So I just threw the thong besides the counter and scanned my other items. I didn't end up buying the thong.

It's okay, a few days later I found one online with free shipping and it looked nicer. It was about the same price too if not cheaper.

Doesn't sound like you got nailed too awful bad hon.....Similar here but my wife's mischevious (so am I lol),..............I already told this story a few months ago in another thread but basically, the wife and I sometimes wear matching panties. We wear different sizes. The OH so helpful checkout clerk just happened to notice we were paying for two different sizes of the same exact brand/color/style panties and told my wife she thought she'd made a mistake......My dear wife bold as brass told her........"nope the other pack is his" and pointed to me. We walked out holding hands and giggling
    Barbie

Went to wally world on Thurs morning to get a new printer as ours crapped out. Got the printer and also a cute blue & white strip bikini bottom. Went through the self check outs as they are the only ones open at 6:30am. Being it had the security wire on it. the associate had to run it through the master register. No problems. Oh, Did I mention I have also worked at the store for almost 7 years. And knew the cashier.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Smile What really happens when you buy makeup in guy mode

Megan, just because I love you...

BuyingMakeup.jpg

Silver Member
    A while back I bought a bra at Stein Mart. The SA said I wish my husband would by a bra for me. There was a woman behind me and she looked at me like where did that come from. I started to say, does he buy his own? But, alas I just let her talk.

Well you could come up with some sort of excuse like 'oh I'm buying this for my wife or sister.'

The easiest answer is to look at them shake your head and say " Its a long story" and walk away

Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by MeDeanna View Post
    That reminds me of the time I had to return a bra at Walmart.

When asked, I told them the bra didn't fit . . .
    Lol...I did the same thing.

This wouldn't work if you were dressed of course, but during a couple purchases where I've noticed a glance from the cashier and it looks like they are thinking, "Why is he buying this?"
    (Of course this is probably just in my head.), I have always responded, "The things you'll buy to be a good husband!" I think most are right, they usually could care less!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It's a small step. The next time it will be a little easier and after that there will be nothing to stop you. We learn to deal with these potential calamities and become better and better at being honest with ourselves. Once that happens we can start being honest with others. I'm still working on that, but it gets closer each time I have to deal with something like your nail polish episode.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

That's not really being busted. Really being busted is being recognized while en femme by someone you know. That's no big deal either.

I often wear bright red nail polish at Walmart (and many other places) in male mode. So nobody needs to wonder if what I'm buying is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    Eight hours of mind numbing cashier duties. They don't see you, what you buy, or care. They are thinking about cold beer and pizza.
    Spot on. Besides, guys buy for their wives, girlfriends, and daughters all the time.

I shop at Walmart on a regular basis (en femme and in boy mode). Let's face it you can pay $10-$15 for a bra there or $50 someplace else. At first I bought girl stuff when dressed in boy mode and felt like a criminal. Now, femme mode lets me buy anything and I'll pay at a cashier or self checkout (when it's available just to avoid lines). The easy path to comfort in girl mode was looking around at the people I saw and thinking of the People of Walmart website. There's always someone in the store who looks weirder than I do. Plus, if you are wearing fake boobs and a skirt, nobody is going to wonder who you're buying that bra for. Life goes on.

I would have been frightened too, looking at it in hindsight, it never is a big deal and there could be a very reasonable explanation else than shopping for yourself but it's the fear of being put on the spot, thankfully this time, no one you knew was there, but we've all been there, isn't it a little exciting too? It's like doing something naughty, we all like to play with fire every now and again, don't we? xx

Joanna

Had a female friend who worked at Victoria's Secret. She told me that the majority of their sales were to men for themselves.

No big deal you don't know them and they don't know you! All is good.
    angie

I read that nearly all the male underwear is purchased by women. (for their sons and husband I suppose) If a woman doesn't feel self conscious buying male undies, why should I feel self conscious buying feminine undies? - So I don't.

Best wishes
    MsVal