Thread: What a year!

What a year!

Today I turned 49. It has been the toughest and best year of my life at the same time. Thanks so much for everyone's support here. This forum lead me to my great friends who have helped me along my path.
    I know now what I am and why it has been tough. I am struggling but I feel authentic! I am taking baby steps to prepare for what may lie ahead. I had my first teeth cleaning yesterday in many years. I had neglected my teeth during my addicted years and was ashamed to go to the dentist. It was painful as you can imagine after all those years of neglect. I kept telling myself these were steps to getting to be me. I will soon begin laser hair removal.
    I am so blessed to even see 49 after the life I have lived. I hope to face the next period of my life with courage and compassion!
    Suzanne

Banned Read only
    Best of luck, Suzanne. A lot can happen in a year, can't it?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!! A very young 39 at that too! Some people have all the luck. My this coming year treat you and your family well. See you soon.

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Happy birthday and congratulations on your path to finding yourself Suzanne. Your courage will give you the strength you need to find happiness.
    Big hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Happy 49th Suzanne! I just know that the best is yet to come for you. Good luck. Hugs - Rachel
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Happy birthday and have fun this year. My bday is next week 52

Suzanne,
    Stay positive and start planning for your 70th birthday at least.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Crossdresser
    The years do seem to go by faster as you get older don't they. Better start planning for next year. You will be the big five-o.

II'm working the oar right beside you Suanne. It is hard to believe we are on the very crest of the miid century mark!
    2 decades since your 29th b-day? WTF? Something must be wrong with my math!
    Enough of that, age is just a number. People tell you to act your age, BS, just do what feels right!
    I know you have had issues with your wife as of late, I hope you both have found a way to get through it.
    I sincerely hope to meet, my next best guess would be sometime shortly after Fathers Day.
    I'll give you as much notice as possible.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 05-15-2014 at 03:34 AM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Happy Birthday and all the best to you
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. My wife and I are going to a transgender therapist next week. I hope she gives us some tools to use during this journey. On a lighter note I will be out in the city as Suzanne on Friday evening to celebrate my birthday!
    Suzanne

Banned Read only
    I hope you have a wonderful time on Friday night Suzanne. And best of luck with your therapist.

Happy Birthday Suzanne!

Have a great time out on Friday too...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Congratulations! Next time I'm in town Ill buy you a few drinks.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Platinum Member
    Hi Suzanne, Like the old saying goes, Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Enjoy it and hope for a better tomorrow.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!