Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just outed myself with my computer screen, to my landlord!!

Just outed myself with my computer screen, to my landlord!!

Today, is the day, the county and landlord come by to inspect my place. The landlord came early, and i had my back to my computer screen, and it was a map quest site. I sat down, with my back to the screen, and he was standing looking right at me, and of course the screen was visible . After several minutes, i just glanced away from him, and noticed it was on the mode where it keeps displaying phot files , each for about 5 seconds. So, he saw many of my photos, laarge scree, some in bra and girdles, heels, some nice leg shots, some cole up face ones. The one i noticed was a very short, little black dress. I proceeded to shut off the monitor, and pretended nothing was odd. We continued to talk , and i tried to keep the subjest on other stuff, but know he was watching the monitor, as no way could he ignore it. I think he is pretty religious. So far, it is just me being embarrased, and i think it will be ok. Hopefully, he did not get aroused by the photos. And i better just forget about it, and be more aware , to shut off my monitor, when someone shows up.

You know, Alice, I think eventually something like this happens to all of us. It can be very embarrassing when it happens, and maybe damaging depending on circumstances, but those are the risks we take. When it comes right down to it, everyone has their secret lives, and most are not all that concerned to find out about ours. The challenge is to try not be that concerned about what others think, be yourself, and have fun. You're not hurting anyone, and you're not doing anything illegal. My advice is to laugh it off. Hugs, honey.

I mean no offence, but you really are the queen of accidental outings, aren't you? Recommending to be a bit more careful in the future is kind of moot by now, but I wholly agree with Clara's post.

I would also recommend anyone not to use that particular screensaver, or at least exclude the particular folder with that particular kind of photos.
    Last edited by Zylia; 05-13-2014 at 02:18 PM.

I am wondering if you don't intentionally do all of these things at this point. First the pen drive at the library and now this. Which makes me wonder why you were using a PC at the library when you have a laptop at home apparently. Things aren't adding up. Just sayin......
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Honey, this is about the fourth time you've done something like this. I'm with Joanne - I think you are subconsciously doing this because part of you wants to be out.

Sorry, not outed unless someone says something. Who knows what the Landlord was thinking and even IF he saw some of the pictures he might not make the connection with you. It might have been just about anything. Unless he says something don't volunteer.

Of course if you tell people yourself then there is no secrecy no outing by accident.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Sometimes we have to take responsibility for our actions and then say WTF was I thinking. Pink Fog is one thing but just because you get away with anything for months or even years does not mean you didn't know better when you finally do get caught.

For a reason such as a computer image, is why I decided it would be better to tell my wife before I really started to explore dressing and my feminine side. I knew then, that somehow down the road, something will happen that would make her discover it, and it was better I told her than have her discover it.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    . Hopefully, he did not get aroused by the photos.

Is that a real concern or are you just kidding?

My images on the computer are kept minimalist and certainly don't reveal identity.

I have CD's put away for any considered nefarious activity.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Next time wear a dress. Then you won't have to worry about being outed.

Seriously though, are you sure you don't want everyone to know? That's a place you may well get to, if you're not there already.

As a Landlord, as long as you pay your rent on time and don't tear up the place, who cares?
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

If it doesn't come up, don't worry about it. People are far less observant than we think they are and even if they do see something, most aren't going to mention it. Chances are this never comes up again.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Silver Member
    I have to wonder, why would you use a computer at the library with a thumb drive full of pictures of yourself when you have a computer at home? A public computer is highly "unsanitary" when dealing with any kind of private information, much like using a public toothbrush or public panties.

As far as your landlord, if you are receiving some form of rent assistance from the state, he'd be an absolute fool to evict you. It is guaranteed, always on time monthly income for him (especially if they pay your whole rent.) If you are not trashing the place and not causing him trouble, he won't care; religious or not, he is a businessman and he'll put money first, I guarantee it.

Like someone else said about being a landlord im also too, if the rent is being paid and thier not trashing the place and not breaching the terms of thier lease then what they get upto in thier home is none of my business though if id saw that i would be sitting down for a coffee talking girls talk knowing me lol sadly my dress code is a dead give away cd haha

I may be wrong.. but I think Alice's issue is the lack of home internet. Having to go to library for net access..not that she doesn't have own laptop.
    She'll probably confirm later (when at the library ).
    On that note.. I about did the similar thing at work.
    I had a facebook CD group's page up on the laptop with a slightly more questionable posed CDer pic up and forgot about it.
    And the other coworker on my shift walked up before I knew it. Didn't say a thing but...
    (technically I think he suspects my other self anyways but... )
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I have CD's put away for any considered nefarious activity.
    Am I interpreting this correctly...

You make it sound like you're a Magistrate or something...

I suppose it's all in the inflexion or tone...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    Honey, this is about the fourth time you've done something like this. I'm with Joanne - I think you are subconsciously doing this because part of you wants to be out.
    Several have observed this pattern in your recent posts. Not washing off makeup, having a 'fem' answering machine message, pictures left on a jump drive at the library, and a screen saver of your personal pics....all in a matter of a few months. Queen of accidental outings indeed.

It might be time to ask yourself if you're consciously or subconsciously trying to out yourself by these 'accidents'. And are your motivations for doing this for a constructive or self destructive. Seriously, think about this.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well you evidently have no idea what the landlord's fantasies may be, just be careful. Other than that as long as you are a model tenant and pay your rent on time you should be fine Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Hi Allice, The world of computers is out to get you.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member
    I agree. Alice is out to get Alice. It is okay. But don't wish for anything you can't handle.

Oops! I did that to my flatmates a couple of years ago, I was dressing up and doing my make up, I thought they were asleep, I went about my business like nothing odd was going on, then after I approved of my look in the bathroom's mirror I decided to take it outside and right as I exit the bathroom and make my way down the stairs I hear a door, I then run but opposite me is a very highly reflective window and I could see my flatmate and unless he was temporarily blind he must have seen me too, anyways, I keep on running down the stairs, I even lost a heel that night as I missed a step and kept on going anyway to scared to get caught. They never mentioned anything to me though. A few weeks later, same thing happens, I head out they are not yet in bed, and we catch a glimpse of each other, ugh-awkward!!! But I'm grateful they never mentioned it anyway! I wish I lived alone, it would be so much easier and more comfortable, and I would count one more pair of heels today!!
    Joanna

I was going to the library because i could not afford home internet, and this record cold winter caused record high heat bills, and the government is closing 15 coal powered power plants a month, power bills will skyrocket more. I did get home internet for a few months with a lower price, and may keep it for the warmer months, if the air conditioning is not needed too much. I am having increasing memory loss, everyday. My mom died of Alzheimers, and her brothers and sisters had it. I have read that it does ofter run in families. I do not want to be "caught". I had to drive upt to Milwaukee yesterday, help my sister pack boxes, go up and down the stairs countless times with heavy items, pack two vans, then drive one of them foloowing my handicapped sister 120 miles through dangerous powerful storms, and go to my dad's lpace where she moved, then drive back to my place in a storm, found the power out, not get much sleep, go to the nursing home in the morning, help get my 93 yo dad loaded intoa van, so he could move back home, then finish cleaning my apartment, and meet my landlord, and county inpecter for inspection of my place. I simply was tired, and worn out, and forgot about the screen saver. I forgot i even had the computer on! Cut me some slack some of you!!

To tell the truth, i am not much concerned what the landlord thinks. Just sharing what happened.
    Last edited by Katey888; 05-14-2014 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit to add to existing post rather than post again..

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Probably won't be an issue Alice.
    Don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    I mean no offence, but you really are the queen of accidental outings, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    I am wondering if you don't intentionally do all of these things at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Several have observed this pattern in your recent posts. Queen of accidental outings indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Cut me some slack some of you!!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been thinking this too. It's not been just the recently mentioned incidents but a few more I can't recall the exact details of now. There's certainly been a very clear pattern of posts by Alice of this nature, of an increasing frequency too if I'm not mistaken.

Alice, it's not a matter of cutting some slack. You are who you are and that's all there is to it. There's nothing wrong with what you do, intentionally or accidentally. However, I think Paula makes a good point and you would be well advised to think about these incidents and if they are a subconscious attempt to out yourself. If they are truly down to innocent circumstances then you ought to consider their implications if they are escalated by the other party. Your life is already obviously full of hardships and difficulties, do you want to add to them?

Those of us who are "out" have had to take real ownership of all the issues that brings, be that loss of friends, family, homes, jobs, discrimination, abuse, etc. We had to stand up and be counted no matter what. Some have it easy, some have it hard, but all of us had the strength to face any adversity being out brought our way. Are you ready to do the same? If you're not then it's time to put practical measures into place to ensure such incidents can't happen in future. It's your life, your choice hon...