Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does the pink fog mean to you?

If only you could see me sarahcsc's Avatar

What does the pink fog mean to you?

Hi all,

I wonder if the pink fog manifests itself in more ways we can recognise. The fog essentially drives itself and it could be very intoxicating until it's over. Besides feeling the need to spend money on clothes (or whatever) I wonder if people feel the urge to "go out", to post up pictures, to tell everybody about their dressing, even the prospect of getting caught becomes exciting, etc.

I don't feel much of the pink fog anymore although I still dress everyday. I still buy the occasional top and lingerie but hardly feel the need to take pictures or go out.

What does the pink fog mean to you?
    "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me" - Ayn Rand

Honestly, I've heard the term thrown out there quite often, but I don't really know what it means. Contextually, I assume its a metaphore for the urge to dress, but I can't be sure. Interested to hear others responses myself.

The fog to me can be triggered by so many different things. I can see a lipstick commercial, especially one that shows an exceptionally dark red perfectly colored reddened lips or finger nails that are the darker reds and I feel a tinge that stirs very deep within. It's something that is built in my inner deep self. It takes my breath away or gives me a inner rush just by the very thought of wanting to dress. It can almost control my very being. I can also snap out of the fog by a problem that pops up in ordinary life. In and out is hard on me especially when I can not control the time or place that the fog hits.

For me i feel the all consuming desire to feel as real as a true woman does whatever that may be? But yes the pink fog is very over takeing of the mind.. sometimes id go in a shop an buy anything associated with feminine things

Not too much Hon. I really don't need any excuse to dress up.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Fog is hard to nail down, LOL.

To me it's a loss of perspective where all things CD related are concerned. It's not entirely negative. In fact I rather enjoy descending into it from time to time, and I think for me, it's a psychologically necessary break from totally objective reality that allows me to cope with the mild GID I think I experience. What I mean by that is ... the objective reality is that I'm a dude in a dress. Yeah maybe part of my brain is wired female, and yeah maybe if I'm lucky, I'm a pretty dude in a dress, but at the end of the day ... that's what it is, and if I'm not gonna go insane, I have to move beyond that aspect of it and just enjoy myself.

For me, that's the tip of the iceberg ... from there, it's a cascade ... a feedback loop, if you will.

The more I dress ... the more I enjoy seeing myself in girl mode ... the more I want to dress ... the better I feel about myself ... the more new shoes I think I need ... the more new dresses I feel like I just have to buy ... the less I care about if the neighbors catch a glimpse ... the more risks I'm willing to take ... until the bubble snaps and I realize perhaps I may have done something I'll regret later.

But it's not always like that. Especially if I've been in a dressing drought for a few months ... then at some point the dam bursts, and the feedback loop is not even a thing. It just descends on me full force. Over the years I've learned to manage things so this doesn't happen so much ... that situation is unenjoyable.
    Last edited by Amy Fakley; 05-16-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Banned Read only
    Absolutely nothing...

Many of the things I have read on here I have not experienced. I can only think that whatever it is for anyone, there is simply a heighten sense of femininity one way or another, of which I have experienced that. It manifests itself individually as per individual, but for me ultimately it is the heightened femininity.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not sure I ever had a case of the pink fog.
    I do things in moderation a keep a good balance.

Good to see you posting, Sarah, missed you! My understanding of the pink fog is when you are unable to resist crossdressing related temptations, even if you know there might be unpleasant consequences.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Pink Fog?

Pink Cotton Candy or Fairy Floss.

Luv it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

So that's what it is, the feeling is intoxicating, but it comes and goes. Haven't dressed this week.

Platinum Member
    I suspect that during first hours or days or weeks of expressing oneself, one can get carried away. To me the fog is a way to describe impaired judgment. I've seen a few incidents here involving totally unbridled exuberance that ended badly. Spending a few bucks on clothing is ok e thing, but some euphoric souls have crashed their lives in short order due to those lapses of judgement.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    The Pink Fog for me is complicated.

It typically consists with an uptick in the desire to dress, but that's not all. The payoff for dressing seems to be more acute when the fog is upon me than at other times. I enjoy it more, and for longer. Usually I can feel it coming on a couple of days before it's there, and it usually sticks around for a period of a week or two. During these times, I just can't seem to get enough dressing and do so at every opportunity. I do take more risks, not in the extreme, but since the urge is stronger so are the lengths I'll go to satisfy them. As far as spending/pics and stuff, that's a small (very small) part of it for me. Occasionally I'll order something new, but usually because I needed/wanted it anyways.

For me, it seems to hit at random times too. Most common in the winter, but it's been known to happen at other times of the year.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I dont believe in the pink fog, as I stated before it only exists on this forum......it just sounds like an excuse for doing something you love, then feeling guilty about it and blaming it on an unusual weather pattern. And as Traci says moderation...and balance...

I do nothing in moderation. Everything I do, I do obsessively. I have occasional bouts of the pink fog where I buy tons of new stuff. I can afford it, so it's no big deal.

To me the pink fog is about getting new stuff.

Gone to live my life
    Hi there,

I seldom feel pink fog these days as I am free to explore Isha when I wish so it kind of negates the effect. However, if I was going to pin a definition to "pink fog" I don't believe it is just doing something CDing related to the extreme (buying clothes, going out in public, taking pictures). To me it is more a compulsion which could possibly cause harm to yourself or those you love and you have no ability to quell the compulsion to do it. For example, if you are spending an inordinate amount on clothes, shoes and whatnot, but it is your money, you still pay your bills have money left over and when things get tight, you make adjustments to your spending habit . . . IMO . . . not pink fog. However, if you are spending all your money on clothes and shoes, can't meet your bills or help support your family . . . then pink fog . . . the compulsion outweighs common sense. If you go out dressed "en femme" and are not concerned who you run into (family, friends, work colleagues) and should you they won't care . . . not pink IMO. However if you know that going out in public could get you busted to the detriment of yours or your family's reputation, you job, livelihood or safety yet you still have an urge to do so and act on that urge . . . pink fog.

I see it more akin to an addiction where you cannot dial back the compulsion to suit the situation and it overwhelms you. If you can handle the urge and integrate into your life then not "pink fog" if you cannot integrate it . . . then pink fog IMHO.

Hugs

Isha

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I see the pink fog as the manifestation of the addictive impulse to dressing. Because it is not something I get to do with any regularity, I feel that same growing compulsion, albeit in a much weaker form, that other 'addicts' must feel. What ever the fix is, it is needed and frustration grows if it is denied. Once released, it can be overwhelming, resulting, for me in such irrational behaviour as internet purchases of clothing and shoes, hours of dressing and changing....

Once over, I do feel that difficult to describe feeling of satisfaction, relief, 'completeness'... And I'm fine to live as boring, drab me until the cycle repeats.
    Call me Donna, please

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Temporary insanity of the pleasure zones and common sense

Platinum Member
    Hi Sarah, I suspect that PAYLESS & JCPENNEY'S is really glad that I have it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Mostly the urge to buy feminine clothes and wear them in my closet. Almost none when out in a dress or skirt.

The pink fog hits me quite often... Any time I see an advertisement, photo, mannequin, commercial, etc.. of a woman wearing latex, vinyl, leather, wet look leggings, etc... or platform heels/boots, the urge immediately comes over me.

As far as any other triggers, I can't think of any that consciously affected me... Maybe there are things that creep in my head when I'm not looking.

It usually takes me down the road the OP mentioned... shopping sprees, overdressing, going out in public, taking risks, etc... when it's gone, I sometimes wonder... "Who the HELL was that person?!?!?" I'm honestly shocked sometimes at how reckless it can make me.
    Last edited by SHINY-J; 05-17-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Haha Megan70.

The Pink fog is tunnel vision to me.
    Focused on the drive to crossdress.
    Unaware of certain surroundings on the path of the softer side of life.
    Which can lead one to be caught without the safe excuse of Halloween to use.
    Oh the joys of a young crossdresser with itchy feet in heels

If only you could see me sarahcsc's Avatar
    How very interesting to read everybody's comments.

I was first introduced to the term "pink fog" when I joined this forum and looking back in hindsight, I did feel like I was in a trance and was unable to get out. I enjoyed buying all the clothes and shoes and wigs, but when I also remember asking myself "oh dear, what am I going to do with all this stuff!?"

Isha pointed out that her definition of the "pink fog" is when the urge to dress or the urge to do anything involved with crossdressing has caused social impairment but otherwise it is not the pink fog.

Some refers the pink fog to an addiction to dress that may or may not have caused social impairment.

Everybody perceives the "pink fog" rather differently. Kate Simmons, flatlander_48, Tracii and adriana probably don't experience any fog, Adriana went as far as saying that "it doesn't exist... it only exists on this forum..."

But the general feeling I get is that, the "pink fog" is generally enjoyable even though its ramifications aren't always so and this phenomenon is pretty complicated.

How exciting!! ^__^
    "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me" - Ayn Rand

Sarah, for me it only means the feminine side is dominating. I do not have the compulsions of shopping or other things people sometimes talk about. But, I do feel a stronger connection to my feminine side. When I am in public, while I am not dressed, I have at times felt more like a woman than a man. Sometimes when I am watching a movie, I relate more to the female characters than the male ones, or there is imagery of any kind and I seem to notice that which if feminine in nature before the masculine. Commercials of fem products stands out to me more....
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned