Thread: Back To The Closet

Back To The Closet

I've been dressing now for about 30 yrs and been married for 25. My wife has always known about Donna and has been very supportive over the years. She buys me fem clothes and takes my pics and has no problem with me dressing. Over the years I've dressed more fully to the point where I own a full fem wardrobe, plus all the other goodies such as breast forms and padded panties. Now that the stage is set I'll tell you my story.
    About a year ago I finally worked up the courage to post pics of myself dressed. I got some nice responses so I posted more and started to visit cd chat rooms. I started to meet some girls online and was envious of some of their exploits and adventures. My wife also knew about the pics and chat rooms, still no problem. This was almost to good to be true after hearing about some girls problems with their wife over these issues, I was loving it.
    Eventually the urge to go out as Donna was too much and I had to try it. I was invited to a local cd house party, only about 1/2 hr away, and figured this was a perfect situation for my first time out. I was promised a "regular" party, but only with cd's and a few wives. I ran this by my wife and to my surprise she said that she trusted me and to do what I had to. Well I went to the party and had a great time, it was very classy and above board and left me wanting more. Well, I've been out twice since then, all with my wife's approval and didn't realize that I was starting to get out of control. Perhaps she did however because after the last time she asked me to cool it for a while. I was out as Donna three times in four months and that's a lot for someone who hardly ever goes out at all. She said that she trusted me and wasn't afraid of what I might do but what someone might do to me. To me it's the same thing and I seemed to have reached the edge of her tolerance about my going out. I do understand her view, after all, I probably wouldn't like it if she was doing the same thing. I think I just got carried away and maybe I needed to be stopped. It would be one thing if I was single but I'm not, and since my wife and family are important to me I will respect her wishes. I can still get dressed at home and there's still the net but for know it appears that "outdoor" Donna is now indoors. It's been about six weeks since the confrontation and haven't been dressed since and don't even have the urge. Although she never said it, I still felt kind of guilty about it all, or at least that's the way she made me feel. But the last few days I've been getting the urge to dress again and it appears that Donna is healing. Who knows where this will take me, I think I'll go out again, with her approval, but I'll have to keep it to once in a while. I think it's important to mention that no sex has been involved, and so far, at least, it's been just good, clean, cd fun.
    So for now, at least, it's BACK TO THE CLOSET.

Having a Bubblegum Crisis Priss's Avatar
    Hi Donna.

I don't know what things are like there in PA, but out here in the greater Seattle area, they used to have a Friday night group therapy session for sexual minorities. Iam not sure if it is still around. It was for CDs, TSs, TGs, anyone who had a need to crossdress for whatever reason, could show up tell their stories and hear those of others. Afterward there was quite often an outting to diner by some of those who used to come. There's a place on Capital Hill (a predominately GLBT district) here called The Canterbury where they used to eat. The times that I went, it was quite fun and fairly safe... Or as safe as any outting can be... You might try looking around where you are for something like that. A group therapy session, and group of CDing friends may be just the thing to make you both feel more comfortable, and help satisfy the CDing side of yourself.
    Priss

I want to live bravely and love without fear.
    I want always to feel the wings of grace near.

We all will be Christed when we hear ourselves say...
    We are that to which we pray...
    Jewel

GypsyKaren
    Hi Donna

I understand how you feel, once you go out and feel the light, you want more and more. One thing you have to do is respect your wife's wishes, unless you can reach a further compromise. Another thing you should do for both your sakes is to slow down. There's no reason to rush anything, the world will wait for you, it's not going anywhere.

While you're back inside, relax and regroup a bit. Now's the time for you and your wife to talk about goals, feelings, limitations, desires, everything you both see and expect to get out of all this. Your wife's concerns need to be addressed, not dismissed. Perhaps you'll be able to come to some kind of terms that suit both your needs.

If you are able to go out again, take small steps, there's no need to rush. I'd stick to CD functions only, support groups are the way to go as they always have social functions, and you'll have a lot of fun. Try to get your wife to come with you, there usually are other spouses there, she'll have fun too. Maybe over time she'll agree to more, but if she never does you'll still have that, nothing wrong there at all. Just don't push things, force is always met with resistance, and you'll get nowhere in a hurry.

GypsyKaren

girl next door
    Hey Donna, it's so good to see you again. While it may sound odd, I thought yours was a beautiful little love story. The love and respect that you and your wife have for each other really shines through... she has always supported you, but let you know when she was approaching her limit, and you respected her feelings by abiding. I'm sure the two of you will work it out just fine, you've done so for all these years afterall. Hugs, Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Hi Donna,
    I agree with Tammi's thoughts. Its nice to hear that two people can respect each other, and support each other. Then communicate thier thoughts without tearing each other apart. Respect, thats a good thing. Its nice to read a thread where a CD has an accpeting spouse, who has limits and they continue on a positive path.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

Hi Donna,
    Ditto on what Tammi and Tammy said, seems to me your wife was only trying to slow you down a bit before you may have gotten out of control and you recognized that. If I may say it seemed to hurt your feelings, hence the guilt, She did not tell you to stop just to cool it. Your lucky to have a wife/SO who knows you that well.
    Ginger

Hello Donna,

Communication is a wonderful thing. It is great that you and your wife can discuss how she is feeling, and that you can respect her wishes. That is surely a great way to build a good relationship. There is always some give and take, and you always have to keep in mind that she does not have to accept it at all. So if she will allow you to dress at home that is a huge thing. Keep up the great work and respect her wishes. Gotta keep the little woman happy. SO if that is what she wants, then thank her for letting you know and take her out to a nice dinner as her husband. She will love that.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"