Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD'ers who go out dressed EnFemme while looking like a male

I have not tried to present female in perhaps 8 years. I only did it then so I could wear clothes. I don't feel like a girl. I just love to dress in nice things.

I don't go out a lot, but when I have most recently, I was normally wearing a skirt, hose, ladies shoes (often heels), and either a blouse or a mens polo shirt. Of course, I prefer to wear a blouse because the idea that it is all women's wear is (for some reason) important. But never do I wear makeup, wig, nor bra. Neither do I carry a purse. That means I need pockets. That is a difficult thing to find!

I present male and am just myself. I suppose people are surprised to see a guy in a skirt, but they sneak a look and otherwise try not to stare. Really, I don't think people always sneak a look. I have said this before here: People react to me similarly to how I react to people with significant tattoos. I look and try to soak it in, but then I treat them normal and lose interest in them.

Here is a picture from my most recent outing. I went swing dancing. 20 somethings will dance with a man in a skirt.

http://joeypress.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/dance3.jpg

Joey

I'm out every day in Paula lite or Adrogynous mode. Now that warm weather is here, thin strap tank top, shaved legs, ladies shorts, ladies sneekers, anklet is the dress of the day. And like we always say, NO ONE NOTICES..........

I wear both a beard and dresses all the time. Like you, I sometimes get questions about where I got a garment. I find makeup uncomfortable, especially during Okalahoma summers.

Lately this is my M.O. as well. We just got back from a visit to my wife's dentist and my outfit was ladies levis, a nice silk top Ladies watch and jewelry including earrings and butterfly pendant......men's air jordan slides and pink ankle socks. Dress pretty much exactly the same to walmart or the grocery store. No makeup no wig but I have very long hair that styles well anyway. and I normally only wear makeup for a night out but there's no cd/tg friendly places in this small town.....To tell the truth my androgyne look is pushing the envelope quite a bit here but you know what "they" say about people that can't take a joke lol. Also I'm 6-3 180 and not the type to take being pushed around much. What helps me is my wife is always with me while I'm out and we're usually holding hands. Some people smile genuinely some people sneer. I accept the compliments gracefully and ignore the rest. Life's too short for hate
    Barbie

Welcome back Kotter!!..UH... I mean Sissy S!! I have wondered what happened to you! I =t has been a coon's age since you 've been on here! I really wondered what happened to you. I will say to all of you, and Steph, you all got a whole lot more guts than i do! There are people who know me in these parts, that if they saw me in a skirt and top. and no wig or glasses, would report it around to others, and i would be in an embarrassing, nightmare. But, you all do what you do. I don't understand, but do it.

Aspiring Member
    I used to go out more dressed as a guy in a skirt and women's top. Few people even react and those that do give positive feedback. Now go out less and usually as a woman - just because that is the way I do it now - no reason. Those who fear reactions should note that those of us who have done it report no problems.

Well Stephany, I myself would not dare. Your braver than I. Lol
    Formerly CDGigi

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    If I lived in a small town I probably would not go out dressed enfemme as I do now. But I live in a fairly large city where few people know me. I have never let my close neighbors see me dressed, and don't intend to. And CDPheobe, if I lived in the LA area I would be out dressed every day. People there sure wouldn't care!

BTW, for those who have commented that they haven't heard from me in some time, the reason was because of my wife's death. Yes, it did happen some years ago, but it has really made a difference in my life. We were married almost 50 years, but had known each other for over 60 years. I will just say bluntly, when she died my life ended!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I have been mixing my wardrobe more and more. Many of my tops are ladies' and I'll often wear nondescript flats out
    My blog www.transcriptsblog.wordpress.com
    Twitter: @transgirl_Jenn