Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD'ers who go out dressed EnFemme while looking like a male

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

CD'ers who go out dressed EnFemme while looking like a male

How many M to F CD'ers go out in public dressed EnFemme, but looking like the male they really are? I have been doing it for years since my dear wife passed away. Among other things, she was a cosmetologist and did my make up and hair so I could be Stephanie. When she passed away I decided to dress EnFemme but not wear make up or a wig. I wear skirts or skorts, a feminine top, and feminine shoes. But I definitely look like the man that I really am. Even so, I get compliments on my outfits, and sometimes get asked where I bought a particular skirt or top. The thing is, most people don't pay attention to what you are wearing unless it is really eye catching! I don't wear clothes like that, and since I certainly don't look like Stephanie without makeup and a wig, I don't wear a dress out in public! I actually think it is kind of fun to go out like I do now. Skirts are fun to wear, especially when you have pretty lingerie under them! Which I always do!!

So how many of you do the same?
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

ok, i for one go out (late at night) and definitely dont pass! im basically a man in ladies clothes.... But i feel good about it, and dont need to change!

Junior Member Stephanie Voorhees's Avatar
    If I went out dressed, this would apply. I don't pass, nor could I ever, so I don't bother trying to. I even have a beard. I just like the look and feel of women's clothes.

Silver Member
    I do go out "Heather-lite" with female shoes or boots, female jeans, light make up (eyeliner), bra, some jewelry.

Ros
    Stephanie,
    I probably don't pass but would like to...

my goodness Stephanie......Your story and mine are so similar and when I tell people why I do it,because I want to see the world a little bit like my late wife did people sometimes get tears in their eyes.I am certainly not passable but don't care as I just feel so good when I do it
    I think you have an absolute brilliant post.Thank you

Banned Read only
    JUST shorts and heels for 14 years now. And a shirt of course. Everywhere except work and a Funeral. [And anything within 4 inches of the knee ain't shorts...they're longs]

NEVER had anything remotely resembling a problem. Unless one wants to consider "educating" teenage girls an issue. [and it only happens when there are usually 3 or more in a group] SOMEone has to "educate" them or they will remain forever clueless.

I wear what I want and I treat people right and I'll bet you do exactly the same?

It's not complicated, really it's not.

I have worn a skirt a few times but it's strictly part of a Halloween "outfit". And dresses have zero appeal so have never had one on.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't pass when I'm out dressed as myself or Sherry. However, there's a marked difference in folk's reactions to her and me!

Me, they chuckle or openly laff. With Sherry? They quickly look away and they usually aren't laffing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am starting to go out in a skirt, but I wouldn't call it "en femme." I sometimes wear hosiery as well. I'm not into heels. Tops are sweaters or t-shirts, though I am interested in an Indian style tunic. I would like to get am Indian style tunic that is a bit longer, just below the knee, and pair that with some opaque stockings or thigh highs. You could call that a "man dress" I suppose. For me the difference is that I pick styles that aren't really exaggerating the "female figure" that I don't have. I do like to show off the legs. I would use a "modern" kilt, if they weren't so expensive, I don't really get why one can be considered a kilt, and thus male, whereas the other is a skirt, and supposedly reserved for women.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Almost every day I am out what could be considered enfemme light. Women's paints/shorts and top with jewelry. I also have my nails done in bright designs but no make up or breast forms. I never experience a problem and often do get compliments from women in stores and restaurants.

Richelle

i go out dressed to the best look i can only to gay clubs

I go out in girl clothes every day, sometimes pants, sometimes skirts.. some makeup, painted nails on hands & feet, sandals (now that it is warm).

My furry arms & beard and my figure leave no doubt as to my chromosome set. I have not gotten any comments. Now, having said that, I have seen folks who *wanted* to say something, but held their tongue.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Been dressing that way for so long its normal now.
    No problem from the public.

Silver Member
    Right on Steph! That's the way I do it. Skirt, top, sweater, heels, good to go. No wig, no makeup. I feel fantastic going out this way and have never gotten so much as a negative comment. Sometimes a woman might ask me where I got my shoes.

I don't know why but lately I have been going out in girly top and jeans, bra, flats and light makeup without a wig. I feel so relaxed and comfortable doing it. Most people are still friendly and talkative and I don't think I have offended anyone by doing it. Sometimes I just feel so much better dressed this way but do not understand it at all.

No... but I admire you for just following your muse...

I'm sure you don't mean to offend anyone - and if they are then it's their own problem to deal with the feelings!

Isn't it the case that the muggles' reactions (or non-reactions) fall into the following set:
    - It's just an old/elderly guy in women's clothes (with due deference to our senior age members ) - no harm in that
    - It's a young guy in girls clothes - a bit weird but typical of younger folk - "wouldn't have happened in our day.."
    - It's a middle-aged guy with a beard and women's clothes - perhaps a bit jarring but he's built like a brick khazi so I'm saying nothing even if I thought I wanted to...

And unless - as you rightly say Stephanie - you wear something that really attracts attention, a subtle approach is pretty much acceptable nowadays, particularly in most cosmopolitan places...

It's probably something like a Laura Ashley floral print dress that would really call attention...

Otherwise - enjoy your time out, partially femme...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Wore women's jeans, pantyhose and ballet flats to the mall, hardware store and a few other errands. I suppose that counts. Presented fully as a guy.

I regularly go out and dress to blend. My sister came over to go garage saling on the weekend. She mentioned for me to change as I was wearing yoga pants. So I did to a sweater and leggings.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    I wear what I want and I treat people right and I'll bet you do exactly the same?

It's not complicated, really it's not.
    And for the most part that works out beautifully. I don't wear a wig but my own hair has grown out to shoulder length. The only makeup I wear is nail polish. My hope continues to be that people will remember politeness and consideration as much as the dress I was wearing.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Everymorning on my morning walk with the dogs I am wearing panies,nylons,womens jeans , flats ,bra and blouse . No wig or make up. There is no passing for me as I too have a full beard !
    I am glad to hear that others still keep their beards. No one has ever said anything other than normal conversation. Maybe over the summer I will try a skirt !

Banned Read only
    I go out a lot dressed. I pass and do my own makeup I it took a long time to get that way. Just me !

Lol i just dress gay and more so now that summer is here, i wear girls daisy duke denim shorts for my bf as i like to look good for him and visa versa, shows off my girl butt and legs so he says lol but yea i normaly go both genders in how i dress im told i have girly features so i guess thats a good thing, a guy looking girly suits me acording to my bf hmmm ; )
    Last edited by CrossJess; 05-17-2014 at 07:43 PM.

when presenting in more of feminine clothing and perhaps light make up or nail polish.... how is that still presenting fully as a guy or en drab?? I really am not judging or caring even, good for you who do what you want to do. But, doing so it not fully presenting male or en drab. It is mixed gender at best. I do not know why if so much as one thing is done that is not feminine denotes still presenting male, IMO, it's not.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    When I go out in public dressed enfemme I am not trying to pass. Without correctly applied makeup and a wig I would have no chance of passing. And I don't care, since I dress to please myself. On cooler days I may wear ladies pants, but most of the time I prefer to wear skirts. When I am out like that all of my apparel, from the skin out, is feminine! But other than my clothes I definitely look like a male! I am not sure how I am presenting, and don't really care!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I never wear a wig unless it's for a costume or for dressing in "drag queen mode". I appear as a man in a dress, if I tried to present or "pass" as a woman I would feel foolish, I can't be what I am not. I like the clothes and the feeling. IMHO I think its dishonest to pass yourself off as something you ain't, but I'm just a CD'er and not TG. I go out in public all the time dressed, and I am clearly a man in women's clothes, I wear light make up and have my nails painted, I carry myself with pride and confidence and no one has messed with me yet. I do get lots of compliments on my outfits and my great legs.