Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purpose or use for crossdressing

Purpose or use for crossdressing

I have often wondered if any one here has had the opportunity to actually use CDing for a specific reason to a completed action, whatever it may have been. Excluding sex or self gratification. Over the years I have dressed to do surveillance a number of times, stand-in for a victim after the fact and even to redeem a prize(a meal) with my wife. And after thinking about it I can't really pinpoint more but I'm sure there are other things I'm omitting.

I wonder if any of you have ever found a way to put dressing to use. And if you would share it?

This is something I think can help to validate all the efforts we put into blending or passing. And is different from any thread I can remember reading here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Gold Member
    My wife said to me that she thought my cross dressing gave a special under standing on
    how to treat a woman. I guess by "Walking a mile in her shoes" gave me a slight in-site as to
    what women want and how to treat a woman.
    At least it sounds logical.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by franlee View Post
    Excluding sex or self gratification.

Well, after those distinctions are ruled out, I have nothing to contribute on this lol... Although, I too, would be curious to find out if anyone else has found other uses/outlets/reasons/etc...
    Last edited by SHINY-J; 05-17-2014 at 03:26 PM.

"Use"?

More like validation. I just don't want to feel like an alien.

-MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    well ... I don't know if this counts, but my teenaged daughters actually want me to go clothes shopping with them. I suspect possibly because I'm a little more understanding and a little less strict than their mom about some fashions (within reason, no daughter of mine is dressing like a 'ho) ... but I like to think it's because I always help them pick out cute outfits :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Franlee, Interesting thread! I can't say i have. I did see on the news once a number of years ago, where a Miami policeman, crossdressed as a woman, on certain duties.

I wouldn't really call this validation per-se but I did once use it to win some tickets to a Def Leppard concert........Local rock station had a contest....."What's the craziest thing you'd do to get tickets" well you actually had to do the crazy thing to qualify. Pink lace boustierre white thigh highs matching panty. Walked a through the downtown section and into a store to buy smokes, then back to the judges. They did require me to wear a pair of gym shorts over the panties for some reason
    Had a blast at the concert and actually wore that outfit under my jeans and Def Leppard shirt lol.
    Barbie

Banned Read only
    No purpose just to be me. Lol

Every one of the replies were for a purpose and gave a reason for dressing and that's what it's all about in this thread. Validation, I suppose is a subjective term for a "reason or real result." But I think it is fun to get away from what makes me CD to what I get out of it that helps me feel like it's not all wasted or just for pleasure.(My efforts over the years.) I enjoy sharing events or results without reservation or inhabitation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I honestly dress for me and me alone. However, Wednesday is ladies day at the local range.. $5/hr
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Hi everyone. Of course it's obvious I'm a newbie to this website. I never knew this website existed until a few days ago. Before I bring up my thoughts on this, I want to say your avatar (mechamoose) gave me a healthy lol. It sums up how a lot of cross dressers actually appear, obvious male rack (antlers) which female moose don't have. Good one!

This thread brings up some points I have thought about. There are benefits. When I meet women now, I can tell immediately whether they have make up on, false lashes, whatever. I find myself saying to myself ("I like that" or "way to much foundation", etc.). Prior to CD I never paid attention or noticed. It also helps me appreciate a lot of things women go through to try to be pretty, explains why we have to wait so long for them to get ready to go out. In that and numerous other things, it's a healthy learning esperience, and a way to understand women you wouldn't ever get unless you CD.

I began to work on my voice early 2012. My voice is normally bass. I can now make it sound female at the flip of a switch. I've worked a lot on it. Was it worth the effort? If I need a disguise on the phone for some reason, it's going to come in handy. As for appearances, I'm workinig on my presence all the time on video, maybe I'll go out some day where I otherwise couldn't go, use it for what this thread is all about, to gain an understanding of life as a woman, or use it for a good intended purpose of some sort.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I dress to please myself, and have done so for most of 60+ years that I have been dressing. When my late wife was still alive she could turn me into a real Stephanie with makeup and by fixing a wig for me. And we both enjoyed it. I love feminine clothes, if they are not outrageous, whether they are on a woman or on me! To me feminine clothes are a lot more comfortable, as well as better looking!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I have always thought about going out to ladies night, most of the clubs/bars around me will do ladies drink free. Don't know how it would go over but getting free drinks would make danielle actually have some kinda monetary "purpose"
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Crossdressing jail breaked who i really was as a person simple as that really

I dress for myself.

Banned Read only
    Hi Franlee,
    The only way I can come close is using traits, mannerisms to get people to pose when working as a photographer, OK it was in drab but it never bothered me what I looked like. Most people don't know how to pose for a picture but I never once got a negative reaction or an effeminate comment.

Platinum Member
    Hi Frenlee, Does self satisfaction count ??
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Fran,

Interesting thread and a very good question. I can't come up with personal use for CDing in my life with the exception of just feeling good. However purpose exterior . . .well I suppose for every person I interact with in the vanilla world who does not run away screaming I have provided some education that being different is not a bad thing and perhaps they will judge people less.

Hugs

Isha

I posed as a pregnant woman once to see if I could get a seat on a streetcar.

It was a television news spot and after a while I did get a seat.

The purpose..... Fifty bucks in my pocket,,, Yep! When I was twenty.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The purpose of crossdressing is to satisfy the urge to crossdress. Men wearing female clothing as a disguise (Tootsie, Doubtfire) isn't crossdressing, as most definitions include, in addition to wearing the clothes, a motive or reason, such as sexual or emotional pleasure.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 05-18-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: spel

I dress because it feels more right to me. I find I am more calm and relaxed when dress. I feel more at ease with myself.

When my first wife left me (nothing to do with dressing) and I was alone raising a teenage daughter, I was able to take her clothes shopping and actually help her select a nice wardrobe with proper foundation garmets. I also impressed my second wife (yes she knew I dressed) with my ability to buy her clothes as gifts and select nice outfits in the proper size. It also has helped me understand women and their feelings better. I know that when I am dressed I feel a certain vulnerability, lets face it I can walk in heels but cannot run especcially while holding down a skirt so I don't show the world more than they need to see.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I have actually, I've performed en femme at the club for Christmas shows, etc. I have a lot of fun with that like I do with dancing en femme which casts positive energy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I wanted to in high school. My high school had a charity event called, "The Womanless Beauty Pageant." I wanted to enter so bad. However, I was afraid that my friends and others would see that I was enjoying getting dolled up. I chickened out and just fantasized about doing. If I had to do again, I would so totally go for it! Its for charity--helping others!

I paint as a hobby / make some money, and I'm finding that my creative juices flow better when I'm dressed. Sometimes I just get partially done up, sometimes it's got to be everything including heels at the drawing table. But I'm finding more creativity en femme.