Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: What Caused You to Become a Crossdresser?

It's just something that I've always enjoyed doing.
    Especially as a child I remember thinking how much easier of a life women had(nowadays my views are different).
    But that was one of the factors, I think. Not wanting to take on the expectations that the society sets on men.
    Currently, I enjoy the thrill & shocking my peers. I also feel extremely comfortable and free in women's clothing.

So, what first lit the spark was the fact that I felt discouraged by the gender-norms that I would have to fulfill in the future.
    "When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in the eyes of your enemies."
    "If the comedy's rye, that's ok. Put some butter on it and smile; it's groovy"

I don't know if it caused it, but when I first slipped on that one-piece bathing suit and got a sexual charge out of it I think I was hooked on looking feminine from time to time. The feelings got stronger as time went on.

I think it was something I drank one night

Duno. I have just been this way my whole life. I like sexy.. and the only place to find that around these parts is in the mirror.... I don't want to be me till Monday. Lol.

Why ask why? I don't have a clue what caused me to become a cross dresser, nor do I really care. All I know is that I am a crossdresser, I enjoy it, it makes me happy when I can dress up. I'm OK with that.

There is no doubt for me about why I so long to be a woman, to be as feminine as possible. I was raised by my mother and two older sisters who were all quite beautiful, especially my eldest sister who to this day is still the most beautiful, glamorous woman I've ever known. From day one I wanted to be just like her. As a kid I would watch her get all dolled up for a date, always so amazed at what makeup and the right outfit could do. Beautiful as she was, after her routine she was a goddess, supermodel, playmate of the year, completely to die for. When I hit my teens, it clicked-in that I could do the same. Back then, I could almost become as hot as my sister but, of course, she had me beat from the get-go. However, I'm still chasing that complete transformation into womanhood, doing what I can… and loving every minute!
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

I've got a pretty clear understanding of how it started for me. I remember when I was younger seeing a couple films and comics around the idea of "mind swapping" or "brain switching." I thought that was really cool, and a very interesting thing to think about especially getting a body that is visually different than yours. There is something about being disguised as something and having people believe you are something you are not.

I watched a lot of "mind swapping" and "brain switching" films, websites and some books. Eventually I moved over to other forms of realistically disguising yourself, such as crossdressing, eventually I decided to attempt it for myself.

I guess it is a bit of a fetish, however it is mostly just something that I enjoy doing (I would love to reach the point to where I can go out in public and pass). I have never, up to this point, been interested in having relationships with someone who is male, or permanently modifying myself/transitioning to being female, it is just about the act of disguising myself. Crossdressing for me is no fun if people know what you are. I guess if we had technology that allowed me to pass as a car, or some other inanimate object, I would be interested in that as well. However crossdressing seems to be the best chance that I have of achieving anything like this.
    Last edited by Kevin_unknown; 10-04-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Mine started when I was about 6, I think, on a trip up the eastern seaboard when I realized as I was trying to take a nap to kill some hours in the car that I was daydreaming about the girls in a catalog that happened to be in the car. The daydreams never really left and after one breakup I took hard, I started getting into CDing. I was shocked at how comfortable it felt dressing up and parading about in heels.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I can't find a cause because it probably predates any memory. I actually believe it is a previous life obverlapinf into this. My wife, on the other hand, thinks it's because my parents always fawned over my sisters and how pretty they were. They were also this way with any little girl, related or not, that they met when they were all dressed up. Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine.

I started wearing some of my mother's old clothing and loved the feel of them on my body. And I just started from there.
    I'm just a simple someone trying to figure life out.

Not sure , but I have thought about it over the years and have a few theorys.
    First I grew up in a house full of woman. I am sure that didn't help. But all growing up I was always petite for a guy and naturally had feminine manerisems. ( which as I got older I tried to change as much as possible. But in jr high I didn't really fit it with any group and certainly want the guy who got the girl. If I wanted to be in the presence of a sexy girl. It was a much shorter journy to portray that girl than to become the guy who could get such a girls attention. I was home alone a lot as a kid. With a house full of girl cloths ect. And shortly after I discovered pot. I dressed up once. Then rationalized it " I only did it cuz I was high" ( yeah right )
    I soon lost interest in smoking pot. But obviously not in dressing. I truly don't know what " causes me to be a crossdresser" but I am sure the above mentioned contributed to my a tally taking that first step and puting on my moms panty hose. And over the years I came up wih various different " reasons why" until one day I realized I have no idea WHY.
    And I really don't care why anymore.
    I like it , I know what it is for me , what if means to me , and for the most part where it fits in my life. And to me that's enough

Dressed as the female role in play which brought my dressing to the fore. I had been experimenting in small ways, but I felt so comfortable and natural I realised Robyn was who I am.
    Robyn a self assured girl who loves life

I have been on a swimming team since I was a child. All the girls with their cute one piece swimsuits always drew my eyes to them. I guess i became so good in backstroke, because I always swam that to observe what happens around the pool.
    About 10 years ago, one of the girls in my age group had a navy blue Speedo swimsuit that didn't have a strappy back, but a full coverage back closed with a zipper. She once asked me to open the zipper for her. I got a good feel of the silky smooth fabric her swimsuit was made of. From that moment on I had the wish to wear the same or a similar swimsuit. My parents flipped out when I asked them about it so I never mentioned it again.
    Now, 10 years later i finally got the courage and bought a swimsuit similar to my first love. Going to a remote lake for a first swim followed. Some weeks later I went to a public pool with weak knees, but noone there gave me more than a second glance.
    TL;DR balls need 10 years to grow

Kara Zor-El
    Just always felt this way since I can remember, so I was just born this way I guess.

I am clueless as to why as it just occurred out of the blue when I was 16. I found myself walking to my mother's bedroom and opening her pantyhose drawer, and took a brown pair out, then took my jeans off and pulled the pantyhose on. I did this for a few months and then bought my own black pantyhose which I would hide so no one would discover my secret. It gave me a buzz and still does 30 plus yrs later!

not sure what I posted before but my obsession with the female form keeps me going every day
    ​Jamey

I started when I was just about 8 or 9, elementary school. I saw how the girls played and I wanted to play with them rather than the rough and tumble the other guys played. I wasn't good at baseball and that was all they played. I was always last chosen and grew up disliking the game. Still do to this day. I don't care if the KC Royals win or lose. I still feel more comfortable and accepted around women than a group of men.

I think I also wanted my dad's affection and saw how he was with mom. I don't ever remember him telling me he loved me, tho I'm sure he did at some point.

I guess my crossdressing was a way to escape who I was, a reflection of what I felt was all I deserved out of life. Would I change if I could? In a heartbeat! I don't like me when I am by myself.
    Last edited by VAWyman; 10-06-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

I don't know. As far as I can recall I was always fascinated by lingeries, how beautiful women look in lingeries. I always have a urge to dressed in lingeries, and be as beautiful.

I started to have an urge to dress when I was about 7. I tryed a friends school skirt on when no one was around, It felt so much more comfortable than trousers. After that I tryed my mums clothes on when ever I got the chance. I makes me feel really pretty and at ease with my self.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Sage advise passed down through the ages is my story. We begin hearing many different sayings in our youth. "Don't play with that stick, you'll poke your eye out", " if you don't put a coat on, you'll catch a cold", etc, etc,. We've heard them all and their wisdom is indisputable. When I was young I was told, "you never hit a girl", so I didn't. Shortly thereafter, I heard, "if you can't beat em, join em ". So I did ! That's my story and I'm sticking to it .
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I just played with girls until I was about six. I'd go to the other girl's houses and sometimes we would trade clothes. I enjoyed it and just thought it was fun and silly. Then one of the mothers saw me in her daughter's dress and freaked. She called the PTA, the School board, the Principal, and the teacher, demanding that I be forbidden from playing with the girls - or my teacher would be fired immediately.

Playing with boys didn't work out well at all. The first day I got stoned (pelted with rocks the size of golf balls), after school I met the club (about 10 boys with sticks the size of baseball bats). In class I would be threatened by the boys and the girls would giggle at me.

Dressing was one of the few ways I could experience that feeling of belonging, of being calm, at peace, and being loved. I would sneak into the bathroom, put on my mom's sunday "go to church clothes" from the dirty clothes hamper. I liked the smell, the feel, and the calm.

When my mom eventually caught me, she tried to be supportive, and even bought me a pair of pretty blue tights and a skirt. My dad gave me a red pillow case and blue shirt and said I could be superman instead. At my best friends' house, the girl thing didn't play well, but superman did.

I wore the tights until they were so laddered that I couldn't get them on anymore, but dad refused to buy me anything else.

Mom taught me how to cook, sew, crochet, and knit as well as beading and other crafts. I also did the laundry and ironing.

Later, when I could make my own clothes, I'd by men's shirts and make them fit my 38, 24, 38 figure. I also purchased pants and "unisex" stores where I could get pants that fit my wide hips and small waist.

Mom did confront me for stealing some of her clothes when she found them in the bottom of my closet, but because I was stealing them. When we were the same size, she covertly implied that I could help myself to what she put into the 'goodwill bag" and any pantyhose that she knotted (loosely).
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

The urge was likely in my DNA, but my mothers classy attire, matter of fact attitude and her fashion savvy did move me down the CD path.. Not that she intentionally encouraged me to CD or anything of the sort, but her frankness about life done one while she was appyling her makeup and at other times, auch as while ahe preparing dinner, or while she doing her exercises while I was sitting near by and hanging on her every word. Btw ahe was a terrific cook, an excellent bowler, a fine poker player and as I found out later a fantastic pool hustler. Circa 1961 I received a pook table as a Chistmass gift from my parents, my mother would play for a penny a point, she would skunk me almost every time. That is what I meant when I said she was " a fantastic pool hustler." She beat my father with regularity also.

By frankness I do not mean vulgarity. My mother was always a lady, in the truest sense of the word.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 10-18-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I was born a cross-dresser. My very first memory was putting bobby pins in my hair lipstick on my lips and a Kotex between my legs. I was about three years old. I must have seen my mother do it. I remember my sister catching me at my mothers dressing table.

We All start out as women in the womb. Then eventually the X-chromosome comes down. Perhaps there's a little bit of chemical imbalance there?
    Cara

In hindsight I realise it has always been there, though it was only comparatively recently that I realised who I was, that I wasn't alone and that it is ok.
    I remember thinking about wearing girls clothes early in primary school, I've always gravitated to female company (again from before sexuality had started), and though (I don't think) someone would presume me gay I have never been masculine.
    It took such a long time to understand how I could be attracted to women but also wanted to be feminine, I don't feel like I'm in the wrong body as some describe, I do feel disphoric about not being able to be feminine, but not about my body (accept for the amount of hair that must be removed!) Perhaps part of it is aesthetic, that I long to be beautiful rather than handsome (not that I'd claim to be that either, just proposing polarities). The answer I am leaning towards is, that despite ending up in a male body and being attracted to females, my behavioural and aesthetic sense of self happen to have ended up in the part of the rainbow society has arbitarily decided is solely prescribed for women.
    So in a round about way... I don't think I ever started, I'm just made this way and it is society that has made me a crossdresser. Come to think of it that's a great sentiment! I just (hopefully, finally, sometime before the next century, and not in a galaxy far far away) have to find a way to express that side of me in the life I already had started up before my enlightenment...
    Decadently (and verbosely)
    Ivie

Definitely the fluoride in the water, ....no, that one's taken... it prevents cavities and makes you crazy or something

or maybe it was that measles vaccine....no, that's taken, it's supposed to cause autism

I was bit by a radioactive spider, ... come to think of it, I don't look good in blue tights

Oh, I know, my parents come from Krypton... well that explains why I like wearing a cape

hmmm....I guess I just don't know. What would it matter anyway? I can't change it now, even if I wanted to.

It reminds me of the old joke: "My mother made me a homosexual" Reply: "If I buy the wool, will she make me one too"

Alana