Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: What Caused You to Become a Crossdresser?

I don't know. Me? Genetics and the whole X, Y, or somewhat confused X, Y thing. What "caused" me? I guess, I suppose and I reason that is just, me. No external cause, no mother-issues, no father-issues, no issues at all. Maybe, it's just me.

I can't say anything caused me to crossdress. It is something that was always in me, i think. One day as a teen, I was in the bathroom and got up the courage to take a pair of my Mom's panties out of the laundry hamper and try them on.

Once I was living on my own it was much easier. I don't worry about buying women's clothes (even undies) while dressed as a man. I have never had a problem or had anyone question what I was doing.

I even have had some times where it seemed to me that the sales clerk was sympathetic and accepting. I think things are getting better for transgendered people these days.

I blame it on the original Cat Woman. As a kid, I had this thing about her in that tight leather outfit. And the old Flip Wilson Show. He did a so called character called Geraldean. I really think it was his CD girl inside. But, I always wanted to dress up like them. Some day , I will get a Cat Woman outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aligirl View Post
    I've always loved the look and feel of women's clothes. Men don't really have a lot of options and tends to be very bland
    If you mean that are we free to wear a dress or skirt as an option, well then you're right. However, there are plenty of options as far as men's wear is concerned; the argument that women's clothes either are so much better than men's is quite debatable. Just because most men don't exercise all those options regularly doesn't mean that they're not there. And as far as comfort, if you ask women, they'll tell you that men's clothes are often far more comfortable than their own. I own some really fine men's clothes; and they look great, and are as comfortable as anything you can find in normal street womens' wear. Lingerie, well that's something else entirely.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

What caused me to become a crossdresser? I wore moms vintage style pantys when I was 5y o. Was it the look? was it the feel? dont know! Was I born with a crossdressing gene I think so!

I definitely cannot say if there was anyone catalyst but being raised the youngest in a home with three women may have been part of it. Constantly exposed to all the feminine accoutrements of woman hood I discovered the joy of nylons, girdles and high heels at a young age, somewhere between 5 or 6 and knew instantly that this was going to be something I would do whenever the opportunity arose. I absolutely love dressing to this day and do so pretty much daily to one degree or another.

Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by kkaye View Post
    I blame it on the original Cat Woman. As a kid, I had this thing about her in that tight leather outfit. And the old Flip Wilson Show. He did a so called character called Geraldean. I really think it was his CD girl inside. But, I always wanted to dress up like them. Some day , I will get a Cat Woman outfit.
    You can truly say "Thanks for everything Julie Newmar"!(the original catwoman)

Maybe curiosity or too much spare time when I was child. Having no brothers, you must entertain yourself and when you are 7yo, your imagination can wonder to all kind of places. But anyway, the feeling was there because I remember that I looked at the clothes the girls in the neighborhood wore and I wanted to wore them too.

For me there's no definitive answer. Tried it once and it just felt right so never really stopped. I haven't always had the opportunity but its always in the back of my head ready Togo when I get the chance.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    One 'X' chromosome went left and a 'Y' went right.
    Biological and I had no say in the matter.
    When I was around 4 years old I knew I should've been born a girl.

I can remember trying on my mother's or sister's pantyhose and loving the feel on my legs, how lipstick felt but was pretty athletically oriented (not so much anymore unfortunately) and was a bit ashamed. I hit a low point in my mid-20's and I made a decision to change something about myself when I couldn't change the situation I found myself in, anything from getting tattoos to shaving my head (nothing regretted so far!). About a year ago I hit another low point and for some reason remembered the feel of nylons on my legs, went to the convenience store bought a pair and then began thinking about panties, then a skirt, then some eye shadow, likely got lost a little in the pink fog but discovered that once I slipped in to my alter ego I could let so many more things wash off, I could settle, slow down the hamster on the wheel in my head and smile. That was when I realized this wasn't going to be a phase and when I decided to dive in.