Thread: Just a couple observations

Just a couple observations

I was at the local grocery store a little while ago, and I noticed a few things I found interesting.

1-Even though it was a bit busy, (long holiday weekend in a tourist area-Key Largo) Every one seemed to be a bit nicer then usual. A lot more excuse me's and oops sorry's, which usually doesn't happen around here. I found it pleasant.

2-I'm 6'1" and I saw at least a dozen women who I looked at eye to eye or actually looked up at. All wearing flat shoes or flip-flops. Some were gorgeous. Some average. All very nice and pleasant to talk to. More then one told me they wore heels often and didn't care. I had joked with one of the husbands who was about 5'8" asking if he hated it when she wore heels. He said she was sexy in them and wished she wiuld wear them more often.

3-About 50% of the women I saw today were wearing skirts or dresses. it seemed odd to see so many. (and most of them were so cute, too) I hope it's a trend bringing dressing more feminine back.

Hope every one has a safe and pleasant holiday weekend. Peace.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Silver Member
    That is an interesting observation LC, and the "friendliness" could be due to better weather, more $ in their pocket, or maybe you were at the perfect time to shop at that store. No matter where you go, there are many beautiful women of all ages, sizes, and statures, and there may be one or two that are identical to your shape/size too, and it is fun to observe them in action! Enjoy.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    We were lamenting that Salt Lake City seems to have many beautiful women who love to dress down. But we do notice that other cities and areas of the country seem to have a better mix, maybe it's the weather or the culture, but it would be so very nice to not be the only ones wearing skirts. If it is a trend, and I hope it is, it will get here in 2 to 3 years. In the meantime, maybe I need another trip to Key Largo.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Interesting post. I often find that the way I perceive others is a mirror of how I feel; I seem to run into more happy people when I am in a good mood and more rude people when I am in a bad mood. Perhaps you have just had more Catherine time and people are picking up on your positive vibes.
    As for the increase in femininity. The company I work for is big on college hires and I have noticed that the younger ladies do seem to like to look nice, girly nice. Maybe it is coming back.

On a totally different note, My sister just got back from the keys and told me it is a wonderful place. I am thinking about heading down later this year and am wondering how CD friendly it is. Maybe Shelby can come along...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

In Key Largo this time of year they must have been tourists.

Go and visit the southern cardinal point and see how many you see again.

Interesting that you saw many eye to eye after looking up to them.

Seems like there are a lot of taller girls around this year.

They have probably been eating their corn flakes for breakfast.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I too have noticed many more dresses and skirts on a regular basis, not just graduation/holiday time. Have begun to see a much greater amount of hosiery begin worn too.

Skirts and dresses have never seemed to go out of fashion here, even when pretty cold! On the subject of heels, there was a very confident, somewhat athletic tall woman in today, she was wearing jeans, but had they were fairly snug fitting, certainly didn't harm her look! With the 2" heels, I had to look up at bit to meet her eyes, and I'm 6'2"!!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Shelby: Depends on what part you go to. Upper Keys is not that free thinking. Key west, you can be Shelby all you want.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace