Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go to church dressed?

It kinda depends on why you are going to a church. If it's just a social occasion, then it probably doesn't matter what you wear. Of course, some churches will be less tolerant than others for various reasons, but the point remains that if you are dressing for your own purposes then the churches purposes be damned. However, if you are attending church as a devout believer, then it is a worthwhile endeavor to seek out your own faith's stances on these things and try to be respectful of them. Cross-dressing is a deeply personal matter as is faith and we all need to find our comfort level individually. For some cross-dressing matters more than the restrictions of faith; for others faith matters more than personal satisfaction - either way, it is a personal matter and one that deserves personal contemplation.

To play along with everyone else, I am a devout person of faith and I wear women's clothes all the time - outwardly and under - though I have never cross-dressed and presented as female at church. I don't have an issue with cross-dressing at church, but I feel it's best to not cause problems. Maybe some think that that makes me a coward, but I have learned that not caring what people think about me is not the same as just not giving a damn about other people's feelings at all.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm planning on a purge in the future,,, of my male underwear. A lot of valid opinions. Once again, Thanks!

Emi! Very well said. VERY well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie Anne View Post
    My outlook is that God made me this way and I don't think he'd mind how I dressed and if I did or didn't pass while showing my love and devotion for him. Finding a lgbt friendly church is another matter in the deep south.
    I represent the T and B of the alphabet community for the UU church..You have a welcoming congregation close by you..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Silver Member
    I am surprised that this thread has not been deleted - and glad that it has not been. I tried to post a question about a church in my area that was soliciting TG and CD persons to attend. The thread was quickly removed because it mentioned church services which was "not permitted".

I did not go to the advertised service because I just felt it was a bit forward. I had great thoughts of openly going to church and being part of an accepting congregation wearing heels and a dress and make-up. Sounded great, but it did not feel right. I think I would have gone if it was not advertised. I also did not want my attire to diminish or detract from the spiritual service. God should come first, not my feminine appearance. I think I am going to go to this church, and go as Heather, but do it the same way everyone else goes - without unnecessary attention.

I have been to church presenting fully as female MANY TIMES. I usually do it when I am out of town for work. I attend Roman Catholic Churches and I have never had any negative situations.

Why do I do it? I just gotta be me.

Does the Catholic Church condemn it? I asked my pastor. He said NO they do not if it does not cause me to sin.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"