Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The only one wearing a skirt. Must be a CDer !

Gone to live my life
    Hi Teresa,

I think it really depends where you live. The small city I live closest to . . . yup jeans, t-shirts are the vogue and a woman in a dress or skirt would be an oddity. However Ottawa is a different story and dresses, skirts abound this time of year downtown.

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by gennee View Post
    You see a bit of everything here in New York. I have been out nine years and have never worn pants. I figure why should I wear something that I wear as a male . I love maxi skirts and dresses. I wear calf length skirts (I like showing my legs) . On a couple of occasions I've given fashion tips to Cd's and GGs. I got my fashion sense from my mother.

NewYork NewYork is a wonderful place to be and the people we so kind to me, when I went there back in 1999 I was amazed at how people don't care what your dressed like and anything goes, i mean I saw a guy just wearing a pair of brightly coloured underwear on walking down the street and no one was taking any notice, after seeing that i thought me dressed in denim daisy dukes with neon pink leggings.... bright pink wedge shoes and a tinkerbell t shirt would be fine haha, I remember getting some music cds in the virgin store you had there and this business guy came up to me and said I had a cute butt and did I fancy going for drink....made my day

Regards to this subject. where I live there are plenty of girls in skirts and dresses, though I do agree skinny jeans are very in at the moment and a lot of woman are wearing them...even the blokes for that matter
    Last edited by CrossJess; 05-23-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Strangely enough only this morning I noted how many women young and old were wearing skirts today. I'm not sure how it is in the US but the current trend here like the UK is for leggings or dark opaque tights worn under either a colourful dress or long tee shirt. In fact I noticed three young women wearing very tight and short skirts over dark tights today. In fact there are some girls who wear very thin legging with no skirt or tee. I would find that rather daring myself.

A lot of the Mothers at my kids school also wear dresses and shock horror; high heels. One woman habitually wears a LBD. It has to be said it's a very middle class school most people have plenty of money and it's reflected in their clothes and their Range Rovers, BMWs etc In other areas women are more likely to be seen in jogging pants and jeans.

I do think it does depend on where you live, the current fashion. The time of the year etc. Right now in my city many women wear skirts and dress very well indeed. But it's considered a very liberal trendy city. But go down the road to a slightly smaller town with perhaps less going for it, less money perhaps and the woman are more dowdily dressed.

But from my point of view the skirt is back, although ironically these days. I'm happier in leggings and jeans!

I never see women in dresses. It's pretty rare unless they're going somewhere, like to a party or gathering.

I remember when I was a middle schooler I went to a private Christian school. Some of the volunteers casually wore dresses and it dazed me. Little girls are often seen in dresses but by their teens it's rare to see people in anything but varying degrees of jeans.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I only wear long skirts when in fem-mode, whether at home or out in public; I personally get enough fill of trousers/pants in my normal everyday wear, though I do sport my Utilikilt often, especially when it gets warm out.
    Women in long skirts is not that common here in the Northwest.

I don't know. I see a lot of women wearing long maxi skirts and maxi dresses out and about right now. I see them everywhere I go like the grocery store, the banks, other stores. I like maxis a lot. They're easy to wear and they're cool and comfortable. No fuss dressing.

I don't understand why women won't wear dresses and skirts all the time, when it's not cold out.

My wife doesn't wear a dress nor do I wear dresses. Jeans, slacks, shorts......and neither of us care what the label in the waist band says!