Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The only one wearing a skirt. Must be a CDer !

Banned Read only

The only one wearing a skirt. Must be a CDer !

I haven't tried to count but how many GGs do you see out and about wearing a skirt or a dress ? You see far more combinations of jeans and trousers ( sorry pants ) even in summer ! The only fashion I can't get my head round is the tunic/dress what is that all about ?
    If you do see someone wearing a skirt it's probably a CDer, if I was out it would be me ! I just don't like women's trousers with the exception of leather and the fine stretch cord ones but then I would have to read the sticky on tucking and I can't be doing with that !
    Besides wearing a skirt gives you the chance to show the legs you've been working on and try out your latest shoe purchase !
    If the trend continues we'll be the only ones left wearing skirts !

What do others think ?

I think if I where you. I would hunker down and wait for the assault from people who disagree. I disagree but I'll leave it at that. Good luck.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I go with the girls, skirts are not the fashion at the moment.

Tight jeans and and show my bum seems in vogue at the moment.

As it warms up a full skirt and nice top will get an airing now and then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I agree with you ... I don't wear and don't want to wear women' trousers. Fortunately though, in Australia and my local city, many women wear skirts and dresses particularly for business. I don't stick out like a sore thumb.

I usually wear a skirt when going out. The fun is in wearing a skirt. I agree that soon the only people
    wearing skirts are CDs. I can only go during daytimes, so I am going out less and less because it
    is hard to blend in a skirt. Darn it!

I'm wondering if this is some kind of subtle "stereotype" for CDers.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My daughter usually wears a skirt or dress. That's because she's currently doing a teaching practicum at a high school and needs to look professional.

At home, she's in sweatpants and T-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    I think if I where you. I would hunker down and wait for the assault from people who disagree. I disagree but I'll leave it at that. Good luck.
    Chicken Natasha!

I disagree!

I think it depends where you are and where you go and when... Our cities and large town centres still have a good number of women who dress for business and who generally have the right figure for tailored skirts or dresses... and who also like to leverage that, in a business sense..

I do agree that the provinces are all a bit more shabby than chic, but again, if you hang around the decent hotels with a camera (you can do that - you're a photographer, after all!) you'll find plenty of smart GGs...

I think it's just wishful thinking on your part Teresa - you just want every passenger on the 11.47 to Coventry to know without doubt that the distant, skirt-wearing, dog-walking figure is a CDer...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I disagree. I live in a small city and I see many women wearing skirts and dresses, and they are definitely gg's. But I will say that when you spot a person wearing panty hose (especially in the summer), it is probably a cd.

Jodi

Plenty of skirts and dresses here and not just the business type. If anything, I notice an upward trend. Cross-dressers in pants are pretty rare though, definitely agree on that one.

Possibly the weather where you live. I see lots of working woman in skirts and women that are out and about wearing dresses here is S. Calif.

Banned Read only
    I made this same observation to my first therapist. She got kind of defensive about it, but the next week, she started wearing dresses to our sessions. It's funny now, because I mostly wear jeans.

I lived in Guadalajara, Mexico for a year and a half until 2011. There, it seemed like the national uniform was "blujines y camisetas" (blue jeans & t-shirts), with only the older women wearing skirts or dresses. The Mexican women did wear the blue jeans well though - almost always tight fitting and looking like new. I, a relatively young TS gringa, usually wore a skirt or dress. I still usually wear a skirt or dress, although at the TG support meetings, usually the CD's wear skirts or dresses, while the TS's wear tattered blue jeans and a recycled t-shirt.

Blue jeans used to be smuggled into the former Soviet Union and sold on the black market, because they were contraband - evil western influence .

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I think it depends.

Some GGs that I know almost always wear pants, but some almost always wear skirts or dresses.

And it is the same with me. I don't restrict myself and say, this is what I have to wear, dresses or skirts. I will say that often one or the other is just easier. Sometimes pants are easier and sometime skirts are.

Teresa, I tend to agree with you. I have known women who will not own a skirt or dress, and it is becoming commonplace. In the area where is live in Illinois, unless it is Sundays after church, I go weeks without seeing a skirt or dress. I think this is sad. And, it seems to me, that the bidders on dresses and skirts i see on Ebay, are almost all CDers!! There is truth, that a good percentage of skirts will be on CDers, not GG's. Praises for those GG's who still wear them!!

Sadly, I think that your observations are correct. I attended a Xmas concert by a professional group and there was only one woman (whom I knew) in a dress besides me. I prefer to wear skirts vs. pants/slacks. I think that skirts are more comfortable and also look better. I have been wearing slacks in certain situations a little more than I used to just to appear more like the majority.
    Hugs, Carole

I have to agree with you 100%. Others say it might depend on where you live where you go I am not sure I see that, except maybe a high class party.
    I have done a fare amount of traveling through the USA, and no matter where I am I see a extremely high majority of woman / girls in slacks of some type. Maybe one in 20 or less will be wearing a dress or skirt.
    You could make the same comment about stockings (pantyhose or tights) over the past 5 or 6 years I have seen two major brands cut back on the styles they offer. Some place a saw a short news article that guys are now buying almost as many stockings (pantyhose or tights) as women. Yet the market trend is down to the point that the younger generation don't see them as a option any more.
    So sad that IMO the common attire for many women has lost 90% of the sex appeal.

I just thought of a possible reason, could be women / girls feel safer / more comfortable not dressing up.
    Also within a given age group IMO it might be that pants will (how should I say this to be PC) allow those w/o a perfect figure to be comfortable while out in public. Just a thought?
    Last edited by ronny0; 05-20-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Silver Member
    As many have stated Teresa, It usually depends on where you are and the weather if skirts are worn! In the fashion side, skirts & dresses continue to be a very big part of the business, although many designers today are going for a more relaxed look with some unusual materials. IMO skirts will be with us for a long time! Enjoy.

Lotsa skirts and dresses around here. At the local mall yesterday, many of the school girls were wearing sundresses.
    DonnaT

I think for the most part you are right, I saw a women wearing a skirt with pantyhose a few weeks ago near the super market where I shop and thought she probably was one of us. If I see women in dresses it's usually on the TV news shows. Like Paula my therapist wears skirts and I usually wear leggings or jeans. I recently joined a support group and I was the only one not wearing a dress or skirt, I had on leggings with a long top. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

One my grand daughters hardly ever has worn a skirt or dress. She did get a dress to go to her high school prom. She does have three brothers and no sisters, so this may have had an influence. Hugs, Bria

Going to have to disagree with this one. I see girls everywhere wearing skirts/dresses. Maybe it's just where I live.

At the moment I've been having a thing for wearing jeans over skirts and until I saw this post, I thought I was going to be the one sticking out this summer because I WASN'T wearing a skirt.

In all honesty, I reckon skirts will be here in force by the time summer hits peak in the next few weeks or so, just don't see how girls can wear anything else in that heat!

To some extent I think the number of women wearing skirts, hose and shoes depends on the size and sophistication of the area where a person lives. I live in a metro area of about half a million, and on weekdays after about 4 p.m. there are lots of women around and about who are dressed for business. I also travel to some smaller cities in rural Ohio where I hardly ever see a skirt or dress, and never see pantyhose. On the weekends, I never see anyone wearing skirts in the daytime, but probably at least half of the women in the bars/clubs/restaurants are after the early bird special crowd has come and gone.

As the weather gets warmer you will see a lot of scoop collar and off the shoulder long summer dresses on the girls. I think they look great on women, but unfortunately they tend to emphasize masculine shoulders and arms, and I have to avoid them. That type dress is never worn with heels or hose, of course, just bare legs and sandals. The idea is to be cool and comfortable

Not As Female

You see a bit of everything here in New York. I have been out nine years and have never worn pants. I figure why should I wear something that I wear as a male . I love maxi skirts and dresses. I wear calf length skirts (I like showing my legs) . On a couple of occasions I've given fashion tips to Cd's and GGs. I got my fashion sense from my mother.
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Thank goodness for Scandinavia! I have been in and out of Denmark, Sweden, and Norway for the last five years and right now there are too many young (and old!) women in skirts and dresses to count! Even better is the idea that most are with some sort of pantyhose, either black, white, or skintone. Another biggy is the running tights, which are everywhere. I for one will not complain as a gynephilic I am pretty happy about either look. It could have to do with the strong role of women that Scandinavia enjoys, which makes them more liberal and sexually free to "be sexy" without losing their identities as people with minds... Food for thought!