Thread: A lady and a gentleman.

A lady and a gentleman.

This thread is for crossdressers. I heard there was a movie, called, "An Officer and a Gentleman." I have read many posts on here, and threads, of many who cannot stand their maleness. I have certainly been one of those. But i used to hear a lot of motivational speakers, and decent ministers, talk about BALANCE. Being balanced, or striving for it. With men who desire to be women part of the time, or the closest imitation of one, we always have to go back to the "drab" side, after a nice fun time in great feeling and looking lady clothes. For those of us who are strictly CD, we tend to lament the guy clothes, and some of being one. But, i dare say, a lot of us look pretty good in a suit, or western wear, or sports uniforms, or work uniforms. I looked at some of my old Air Force photos, and "hey", that guy does not look too bad. We want to be like real ladies, all dressed up, but can how we act as men, affect that? I have surely had two strikes against me, family wise, and genetically, but, when i watch some of the very old Television shows, and movies, I see a lot of true gentlemen, at least on the screen, that i emulate some. Of course, i also have dream ladies i emulate when dressed up. To be a real, classy gentleman, can make one also be a true, classy lady, when dressed. Just my thought today.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I think I know what your saying Alice, I've never been one to dress up that much in a mans suit I've never been real fond of them. I do look nice in them but when the dress goes on and the makeup topped by the wig my transformation is just right. It makes me feel as if I'm right somehow, I know I'm a man but the transformation to girl mode is great.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I really enjoy getting spruced up in a nice suit and sharp tie. I would have been very comfortable in the days before "office casual." Of course, my occasional forays en femme are a lot of fun

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've always hated how I look as a guy. I can't believe the pretty and special women I've attracted in my life time!

As kids, our young women dreamed of their Prince coming to rescue them. And, I grew up idolizing Randolph Scott and other "gentleman actors" of the time. Always trying to be the gentleman! Until after my divorce. Which was caused mainly by me being "too nice" and not sticking to my guns often enuff. It figures. Most women r attracted to jerks. So, I tried being a jerk when I began dating again. It worked!

The truth hurts! But, quite often "nice guys" finish last!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 05-20-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

DRS, I agree, and it is sad but true. Gentlemen often finish last. I have tried to be a nice gentleman, in spite of my moodiness and emotions, but finished last with the ladies , who went for powerful, power broker types. I am not crazy about wearing suit. I usually just wear sport coats, when going to church or a wedding or funeral

The wise woman knows she makes a good man as well my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Alice, I'm with you on this one. I don't hate being a guy, in fact, I really enjoy it. But I also enjoy getting a chance to dress up and act as a girl. This past weekend I spent the whole weekend as Jenny, and between shopping, going out to eat and having some girl talk with a friend, I had an absolute blast! And, when I came back to work on Monday and worked my job, I had a blast too!

For me, crossdressing is a balance. It helps me balance out the female desires I have with the male ones. I've quit before, only to have one side of my life win and rules everything. Works OK for a while, but then I notice that I struggle to be empathetic with people and to enjoy the time spent with my daughters. When I can crossdress, I get the best of both worlds.

Smile

Well spoken Alice.

I also have two sides to me, feminine and masculine. I don't hate my masculinity and at times revel in doing guy things. When appropriate I love to look manly in my coat and tie or tuxedo. I loved the "James Bond" Look. I'm proud of how I looked in my uniform when in the service.

The flip side of the coin is that there are times I love to be feminine. I adore the silks and satins a girl can wear and the wonders we can do with our makeup.

Yes, you can sometimes have it both ways.

Maybe not as classy but sure the heck as sexy was my dream gal poster of Raquel Welch coming out of the water...... Had the poster on my dorm wall. Always told her good night and good morning... Dreams were made from that poster..... Lol

I don't hate being a "male" but I REALLY prefer being a female. I have gone through many changes over my lifetime and the one simple fact that I have come to accept is that I am most comfortable becoming my alter ego. I prefer being a woman!!!!!! I am more confident, relaxed and have an inner peace when I look in the mirror and see a woman looking back at me. I don't see that when I have to be the man so to speak. I was never a "suit and tie" kinda guy but I am a skirt or dress type of gal.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Platinum Member

The Best Of Both Worlds !

Hi Alice, I like to think that I have the best of both worlds I like to dress with a nice tie and jacket as a male
    and to be able to dress to the nines as a lady
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Clothes do maketh the man...... and the woman.

I do it both ways now and then.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 05-21-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Whether or not I "look pretty good in a suit" is irrelevant!
    When I put on that suit I feel like I'm in a straight jacket. Some might think that's incongruous since I don't mind shapewear or my bra, but that's just the way it is.

Give me a nice dress and heels any day and give that suit to Goodwill!!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Yes, i do prefer the dresses, skirts, hose, heel, yada yada, but once in a while can handle a sportcoat.

Totally agree with you Alice ! There was a time when I rejected my male side pretty heavily and only felt good when dressed up en femme, but I've learned to accept everything in me. And to be honest, my crossdressing actually taught me some style lessons that I apply in my male life, so I'd say CDers can very well look nice as men

Jennifer pretty much nailed it, it's all about balance (no wonder the ying yang symbol and philosophy appeals me !)

I agree it's good to be a lady and a gentleman, that way when someone says "Ladies and Gentleman" we know they mean us. I used to like getting dressed in a suit or a sports jacket with a tie to go to work, at least it would look like I knew what I was doing. Then came business casual and no one looked professional anymore.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

The funny thing was I didn't used to think I looked that good as a guy, but since being with my partner, she has shown me that I can look pretty damn fine! This part of why I have less interest in full dressing, but it’s partly to do with the fact that not needing to hide my liking for clothes from the other side of the aisle, that I am comfortable exploring different looks combining male form and "female" clothes.

I had a moment of shock a few months ago, a customer walked in wearing a linen type skirt suit, I was admiring it, when I suddenly realised that I would love to pull off the look myself! Different cut, but that same look.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I appreeciste both a well dressed lady and a finely dressed man. Looking my best in any situation is the goal for me

Banned Read only
    Alice I think the days of the classy gentleman have gone ! Many of us use to see the male movie stars as classy but we don't get that anymore the modern role model is so different. I always wore a suit for my business, how good I looked wasn't as important as showing respect for my clients. I do love dressing because you can look good, if I could look my avatar all the time I would prefer that rather than seeing the guy in the mirror !

Teresa, I agree with that. I have thousands of photos of Alice, but maybe 55 of my male photos!

Undresser,

Lol, so many times I have found myself looking at an attractive looking woman walking down the street and wishing I were wearing the outfit and making it look so good.

Some of my coworkers know that I dress up. Though I do not show any of my feminine attire off while wearing it at work. Complimented someone on their ensemble before I realized it was one of the few public transexual that do work for the company. Really do wish I were brave enough to show up at work wearing something similar.

At one of my part tome jobs. Myself and the girls get rather catty about critiquing the outfits worn by some of the attendees of whatever event we happen to be working.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Alice, I wore suits for over 60 years when I was still working. I still own about 6 nice looking suits, but rarely wear them. Now I will usually wear a sport coat with a nice pair of pants. But I really prefer to wear a skirt over my lingerie, along with a feminine top. It is so much easier to dress that way! Even if I am not wearing makeup or a wig! Only problem is that my daughter doesn't like it!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Angry

Hi,

Some very interesting comments here about being dressed up nicely wether in male or like women,
    As i think about this what comes out is how many of you look so nice in dressy male clothes,

The best i can do is when im in uniform, thats the closest youll get me to dressing as a male though i can still be in uniform with slacks pants or trouser's though i prefer my black skirt,

Heres where its different to or for me you can dress in nice male clothes yea..... and dress full on in womens clothes and look lovely,,,, oh heck. you know what i say. nope i dont.
    and im a female ,

You know what you'v got something i missed out on you can have it both ways....gee i dont know.....

...noeleena...

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm perfectly happy in boy or girl mode. I can wear a dress anytime I like so I don't have that "compulsion" that drives so many on this forum. My male and female wardrobes are classy and extensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    For those of us who are strictly CD, we tend to lament the guy clothes, and some of being one.
    Except for this statement, I agree. But for those of who are strictly CDers, we don't hate our guy like and clothes. If we hate being a guy, we may be something other than "strictly CD". Many of us identity as men, like it and all that it means, and just like to get femmy occasionally.