Thread: Stopped by TSA

Stopped by TSA

I was traveling for business this week, and took the opportunity to bring along my Stacy clothes, for a little fun during downtime. I am in a DODT agreement with my wife so she knows, and I am honest with her, but I do not dress frequently at home. A trip away from home is a good opportunity to enjoy myself.

I do not go out in public, so I was dressed in my normal everyday clothes while traveling. I did not want to check my luggage so I had all my girl gear in my carry on, which meant it was going through the X-ray machine at security. I was very nervous, since I do not do this often. After my bag was examined, one of the agents pulled me aside and asked me to identify my bag. He told me he had to do a search of the bag to check something that showed up in the scan. He was very polite and courteous, and told me everything he was doing and why. He reached into the suitcase and pulled out one of my men's shoes. When packing, I had placed my two home-made bra stuffers, stocking feet filled with rice, into that bag. He pulled out the rice stuffers and told me that they had registered as "organic". He needed to make sure it wasn't a controlled substance. I told him it was rice, and he said ok. They ran the rice packs, along with my bag, through the scanner again. When it was all checked out, he told me I was good to go, and asked if I wanted help putting my bags back together. I told him I'd take care of it and he said, "ok, have good day, sir."

I have no idea if he knew what I use those rice bags for, and chances are he probably didn't care. But let me tell you, was I ever nervous when they first stopped me. I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong or illegal, I was just nervous about a having a few moments of being questioned in public. As I said, they were quite professional, and I was quite relieved when it was all done and had a good chuckle to myself.

You can be sure that I emptied the rice into my hotel garbage can before packing my bags for my return trip!
    *StacyP*

Silver Member
    Stacy, Most TSA agents have probably seen it all before or at least they have been informed of items such as "packaged rice" going thru the scanners. That would be a great sit down conversation in the day of a TSA agent as to what they saw go through the scanner! LOL This could also be a good time to consider getting some foam breast enhancers. Enjoy.

I know that feeling that you had Stacy....when traveling with co-workers last year, I "made it" thru security without any issues flying out of state, but of course, on the return trip, I was "stopped" and asked to identify items in my carry on. Of course, the TSA agent wanted to see what they were, and I immediately told him that if he wanted to view, I am requesting a private room to open my carry on bag. He said no worry, just to point them out to him as he opened my bag (he saw that they were in a plastic bag). He gave the "girls" a light squeeze to feel, since I told him they were breast forms, and he smiled and closed the bag, and sent me on my way. This with co-workers standing no 10 feet away! Talk about your heart racing and in your throat!!!

Platinum Member
    Hi Stacey, You could told him that you keep the rice in case you drop your cell phone in water.
    That is how to draw the water out of a wet phone pack it in a zip lock bag of rice.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That's right, Maria. That's exactly what I was hoping to avoid...standing there, in front of all kinds of people, while he unpacked my things and layed them out for all to see. Fortunately, that did not happen. But thanks for your post because now I know to request a private space if anything like that ever happens again.

Cheers,

My check on baggage has all my nefarious gear in it all things silicone etc.

All the gear I carry on is wires, batteries,power boards, extension leads, gps, camera and computer gear.

Nothing suspicious there, just a pleasant chat with security staff most times.

Do I get flagged?

Yes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I went through security underdressed, & was pulled aside for a pat down. TSA guy asked, "Is that a garment under your shirt?" Honesty is the best policy, so I said "Sport bra". He waved me on.

I won't wear a bra through security again--not worth the trouble.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Aspiring Member
    Stacy, don't worry about it. This happens to me all the time. I am an engineer who does military and academic work, so I get a lot of attention to things I carry. It is rare that they don't know precisely what they are looking for, even if they are just baiting me. They seldom spread things out. They go right to whatever the issue or cover story is and move on quickly, as your agent did.

The USA has some really tough agricultural laws, so the TSA has the equipment to detect unprocessed plants, seeds, soil, etc. The last thing we want is another pest like the Japanese beetle or the Mediterranean fruit fly attacking our food supply. It is encouraging to know that their scanning instruments work on agricultural stuff. Sorry you were frightened by it.

Ordinary femme stuff will not get any attention. Half of the bags that they see have ordinary femme stuff. And what married guy has never packed some of his wife's stuff in his bag? So pack all the girl gear you want without worry. I do.

As for the agent, like a good sales clerk in a dept store, they have seen it all. They are looking for bad guys, not T- girls. The system is set up to identify people who are nervous or who don't appear to be what they really are, so a nervous T-girl may get checked out briefly.

I refuse the "private room". Unless I am with someone that I don't want outed to, I want all the diverse witnesses I can muster to any search.

Take it from a frequent flyer on three airlines: you have nothing to worry about.

What an experience! I am having a good chuckle too. Thank you for sharing this. I'll make sure I don't do this on my next trip.
    Di

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Stacey, You could told him that you keep the rice in case you drop your cell phone in water.
    That is how to draw the water out of a wet phone pack it in a zip lock bag of rice.
    Or maybe you were on your way to a wedding? Seriously, Abby has it right. TSA agents have more to worry about than whether we have female stuff in our bag. I've had mine opened when it was stuffed with bras / forms / nightie / purse and had no problems. Lainie, I've had pat-downs too when underdressed with a bra and got similar questions -- once I was asked if I was wearing a back brace! I've found that if I wear a cami, it doesn't happen. (But then again, I think flying pretty is the best solution.)

But do consider buying forms -- I'd think that having rice boobs wouldn't be all that comfortable....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

The thing is when going through security, if you look nervous and feel nervous there are telltale signs that agents look for. Once you are "flagged" your carry-on will be opened and you will be asked to identify your belongings. You could be "patted" down as well. I realize its easy to say just be honest but when flying with co-workers and having your female stuff with you it is not an easy thing. Actually there are many girls that fly "pretty" and I haven't heard of a bad or embarrassing episode.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

When flying, I usually put my silicone forms in the checked baggage. At my home airport, the checked bag was flagged the first several times. Unfortunately, the bag screening area is at the ticket counters and in view of all. Since then, my bags go through with no issues as they now know what the viewed x-ray image really is. I make sure that the forms are away from anything with wires. However, my bag still gets opened at smaller airports that do not have the experience of seeing things like this regularly. At least with checked bags, you do not get pulled aside when they open and look inside.

I generally carry 14 by 10 by 6 bag with my jewelry on the plane with me and it is usually densely packed. About half the time, I get pulled aside for them to check it at the screening point.

I generally fly out on the earliest flight of the day and go through security as soon as it opens. No one that I work with gets to the airport that early.

I view it as a matter of risk vs. reward and the reward is fantastic. If I am concerned with who may see what is in the carry on bag, I pay the fee and check the bag.
    Last edited by DeeArel; 05-22-2014 at 07:45 AM.

A few years ago I had to fly to Nashville on business. I was flying down and driving back. I under dress everyday, but I was afraid to wear a bra because of the TSA. I didn't want to miss the flight because I was wearing the bra. I was disappointed that I couldn't wear anything on the flight. I was only going to be gone one day, so I packed a small carry on bag with a change of clothes, my shaving stuff and a underwire bra and a pair of panties. I made it through the scanner OK, but my bag didn't...All I could think of was the wire in the bra set the scanner off. The TSA guy asked me if I had anything in the bag like a gun or a knife, I said No. He started digging around in the bag and I was sure he would find the bra and panties, but he pulled out my can of shaving cream and said that the can was to large and that they would have to keep it. I was so relieved that it wasn't the bra. He kept the can and I was on my way. I did wear the bra and panties on the drive home and that was fun !!!

I've been patted down twice while wearing a bra under my male clothing. At another pat-down (no bra this time) the agent commented that my underwear was really tight (pantyhose). My suitcase gets searched all the time, especially when I pack breastforms. No big deal.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stacy,

Sounds like quite the adventure . . . I am sure TSA agents have seen everything. Besides he may have thought you were one of those people who prefer to pack their own organic food Glad to hear it really was a non-event.

Hugs

Isha