Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How old were you when you first told someone?

The only person who knows about my crossdressing is my wife. I was confronted by her when she found my stash. That was when I was 42. Still at the DADT level with her. I am still scared what my friends, family, and children would think about it if they were told. My family and friends have very conservative views about most issues. This site has helped me greatly, and I find the experiences of the other members both hopeful and inspiring. I am slowly building courage over time....

I wish I could talk to someone. My wife knows but I think she wishes she didn't. I would really like to talk about this with some of my GG friends but just can't bring myself to do it.

It's always interesting to read other people's experiences. But the first time anyone found out was when I was dressed got drunk and walked in on my sisters while dressed after they came home from a night out. They had been drinking too. I did it because I believed they knew already and I wanted to get it out in the open. I got a very negative reaction. Which surprised me. They never mentioned it again. I suppose I was in my mid thirties.

The first person I deliberately told was my brother who I knew would be cool about it. I also wondered a bit if he was the same. I think he must have known anyway as he was close to one of the sisters who knew. He just said Whatever you're into.' and didn't mention it again either. I suppose I was hoping for more, maybe the opportunity to talk. After that I did dress in front of him occasionally but in the end I got embarrassed and stopped.

Other than men I'd meet as Marie. I told no one else until I was in my forties and had realised there more to it than simple crossdressing.

My wife doesn't know or pretends not to know. My experience with my sisters prevents me from making it obvious.

The sad thing about it all is that I just want to open about it. It's harmless after all and it's the real me. But I've no one to talk to about it except online.

Aspiring Member
    i never told a soul until i went online probably 15 years ago
    finally told my wife of then 27 years three years ago this
    June 22, it was a horrible decision, we are still together and she
    has been as tolerant or even somewhat supportive after the
    initial shock as anyone could hope for.
    but i have lost her trust forever and she is not the same
    person i married, this lie cut her deep to the bone and she
    is not the cheerful person she once was, i know that in the
    next life i will pay for this deceit.

I told my wife within a year of our marriage ... 45 years ago. Up until about 5 years ago, she was the only one who knew. Then I started coming out to others, mostly GG friends, and all I know is that seemed so good to share this intimate thing with them. Now it seems that like June, Claire is bustin' out all over. Oh -- was that a pun??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My wife and I discovered Tina together, at age 55 for me, so in a formal sense I've never"told" anyone. We keep my gendered selves separate, meaning no one eexcept my wife knows both sides of me.

I've never told anybody and I don't plan to, it's one area of my life that I feel no need to reveal and prefer to keep it private.

I was probably 42-43 yo, say 2000, when I told my 2nd ex-wife, She knew ther was something on my mind and I finally told her after 14 yrs of marrage . My present wonderful wife is cool with my dressing

I told my wife when I was 32. Outside of the T-community, I've only told two other people since then, and my wife told her sister.

i was about 28 i told my x wife .This was before we got married
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I was 40 when I got married. Told my wife about my CD'ing 3 years into our marriage and I am glad that I did

At 17 my girlfriend 15 wanted to do my hair. Back in the 70s everyone had long hair. Well she also had a dress that she thought would look great on me. Little did she know I was in heaven. Then we went out for ice cream. I was loving it all. When we got married she knew how much I loved it. But unfortunately 5 years later it ended.

Gone to live my life
    My first girlfriend when I was 17 convinced me to dress as a girl and go on a date (once) but it was for sexual role play purposes and I didn't even know about being TG . . . so that really doesn't count. However I told my wife 32 years late and she was the first to know.

Hugs

Isha

I was 35 when I asked Jean to marry me. I told her at the same time.
    That was 24 years ago.
    There are a LOT of family and friends who know about me now.
    There has never been any negative reactions.

I first told my wife about 9 years ago. I was about 45 years old.
    That was a very rough time for everyone,

After we got thru that spell and some time has passed, I have told many people.
    and never a bad reaction. Some have been very supportive, some just have no reaction at all
    very few are uncomfortable with it, and those that are don't say anything negative.

So all is good, Only one last person to tell that really matter in my life, And that is Dad.
    after he knows, then everyone else on the planet can think whatever they want.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I told my wife after 19 years of marriage this past January. We've been closer than we've been in a long time.
    If I'd have known she'd be so great about it and all that I was missing out on I would have told her years ago.

Jackie
    Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change a your life.

Facebook Page

29 yrs old. 4 months into marriage. Kind of a shock but she loves it now

I first told someone only less then a month ago.
    That makes the age I told someone at 50.

janel p.
    I was around 30

I was 36 or 37. My ex-wife figured it out so I didn't have much choice. With my wife now we discussed it right off the bat. Secrets, especially massive ones like hiding who you truly are, just aren't good.

I finally introduced Robyn when I was 30 y/o in 1991, when I went for my first professional makeover. I have introduced Robyn to many more people since then and became good friends with many. I haven't told my mother though and after losing my sister a few years ago, I don't know how well she would take it now? She is 84 y/o now and I hope one day to show her pictures of myself and see if she recognizes me in them?

Let's see...I'm 48 now...so guess I was... 48 when I first told someone-my mom.
    Only started serious dressing last Sep-OCT, and on my Christmas visit I told her. Jan started telling friends. Now all but maybe 2 friends know (heavy religious), and 1 coworker knows. Lucky all are accepting.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Probably late 20's early 30's to my therapist. I was very nervous but after I felt a huge relief... even exhilarated. About a year ago I started dating a woman and recently told her about it and she was very accepting. I love her for that. I never did tell my ex of 26 years and now regret it.

I started delicately testing the waters with my wife to see the reaction. Unfortunately, it wasn't good at all. So, she has no idea of my level of interest. Maybe one day...

Well, I won't say how old, but it was only this year...sigh.