Thread: Is the fence guy a sister?

Is the fence guy a sister?

I called a contractor to get a price on my fence, not knowing anyone I called a contractor out of the phone book. This guy came and we hit it of right away, we were almost the same age and we were talking to each other like we were friends forever. I told him I wanted six foot fence with one foot of a design on top. We sat down so he could put a price together and I went to get a few beers and he asked me why I wanted a six plus one is seven foot fence is very high, and asked me if I didn't get along with my neighbours, and that a seven foot fence is very uncommon. I told him I get along with my neighbours just fine, and seems we were so comfortable talking to each other I don't know why I said this but it just came out, maybe it was the beer talking but I told him" what do you care, maybe I am a crossdresser and I want to come outside and be private because my neighbours don't know", the surprising part was he answered me, maybe when the fence is build he would come over and join me. We both chuckled a little laugh and we were staring at each other in a few seconds of silence, almost like we were both trying to figure out each other, if it was a joke. I broke the silence asking him what the price was and he did some numbers we had another beer and off he went. What do you think, was he just a good business man who knew what to say at the right time or do you think he was a sister. I couldn't figure it out and I couldn't believe I said that to him, my wife told me to stop drinking beer in the hot sun and drink some water. Well my wife told me maybe if we give him the job we will wait for him to bend over to pick up a piece of wood and maybe we could see if he's wearing women's panties. LOL.

Hi Maria,
    Maby you just felt at ease with him and subconsciously picked up that he himself might be accepting or a CD.
    I doubt he would come op with that comment if he was against CDs. I would say, if you do make use of his 'fencing' service, wear something that has a hint of femininity, and see what happens. Or invite him over for a beer when he has finnished his job.

Only one way to find out Hon. Invite him over when it's finished.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have wished-for many years that there was a place that we could use to select those who were CD s or accepting of and who could do quality work. I don't hire very much work done myself being a jack of all trades but from time to time need a little help and would rather have someone that I had something in common with to be a working buddy helping.
    In your case though Maria you said y'all were about the same age that also could mean why so much was talked about and he was so friendly. Be sure and keep this in mind also a good business man knows how to keep his shut and some will say anything to win the bid for the job.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Maria,

Hard to say given the comment and the situation. He may have thought you were just joking and picked up on the humor in an attempt to keep the conversation light and friendly. Then again . . . hmm it is an odd comment to come back with. I like your wife's suggestion . . . keep an eye out as you never know. Regardless it seems like he is a friendly guy who at the very least might end up a good friend.

Hugs

Isha

Gold Member
    When things aren't clear, always go forward carefully. He could have been joking and you could be looking for a new contractor if you lay it on the line. If you aren't clear and invite him over to only find out he is an admirer, you may get another type of surprise.

I agree, proceed with tact. He is a businessman looking for work. So, why alienate those who might give him his next job. He's not there to judge, but to build a fence. Making the customer at ease, especially in his/her own home is probably number one on his list. When you had that moment stare probably was the perfect time to clarify any misunderstanding, but moment passed, go forward. I'm sure there will be another opportunity for you to clarify the situation, just be tactful, respectful, and confident.

Cassie

Maria,
    Nudists, swingers, gay people, and cross-dressers all would like the privacy of a high fence.

These days building regulations in some states stipulate a seven foot fence especially if flats or condos are being built.

The request is not unusual and maybe he has seen it all before.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

He could be a sister, or gay who may be interested in meeting someone new and assuming that being a crossdresser also means that one is gay, or as others have said, a professional getting a new contract. Just play it by ear and let nature take its course!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Sond like a nice guy either way.