Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A watershed of sorts, putting away man stuff permanently.

A watershed of sorts, putting away man stuff permanently.

Yesterday, I finally retired my last piece of male underwear. From now on I will be only be wearing female pants. I had already moved over entirely to women's socks some time ago. But that's easy. I also wear other female clothes like jogging pants and hoodies routinely now although my wife keeps stealing them.

I often wore panties until now but I was often reluctant to wear them routinely away from the house or working or whatever. In case of the proverbial accident. The reason we were told to wear clean underwear. But finally bought some panties which could easily pass as male until you look closely. Ladies boxers and briefs. Now I no longer have to think about the fact I'm wearing female clothing. It's just normal.

I am delighted with myself and see it as another step down the road which I'm travelling at the moment. Chipping away at my male persona piece by piece.

I started it a while ago by gradually letting go of the male façade I'd built up over the years. Just be myself. It extended to using the bathroom sitting down to the point where standing up now seems weird.

It's a gradual thing though. It helps that my main role in life is as a homemaker and parent. I now it's now PC to see that as a woman's role but for my generation, men worked, women were housewives. But then again all my married sisters are stay at home Mothers. At first it bothered me and I felt I had to attempt to try and keep the man act going but it simply caused me stress. So I stopped trying so hard to act like a man. I'm much more relaxed now. My wife noticed it immediately.

Has anyone else tried this? I know I'll never end up living fully as a woman and it's a compromise but it's worth trying.

I would still treat the doctor to mens underpants, he doesn't have to be sidetracked if he is looking for some malady I might have and he certainly deserves the respect.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

oh pish posh!

give the good doctor a thrill!

I did years ago. I also slowly got rid of all my male jeans for womens and all my tees are female. Don't worry about the doctor they've seen it all by the time they're out of med school.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

LOL, well yes Beverly. There is a certain annual medical for professional purposes where I would leave the frilly bra and panties at home.

Glenda, that's my next move. Jeans and tees. Also shoes. I' m lucky to have small feet

Platinum Member
    Hi Marihart, I like having the best of both worlds.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have been making this move slowly over the last 3 or 4 years and have got to the point that I buy all my clothes in the women's department.. and yes I wear panties pretty much all the time.. I have a few male things I wear sometimes but most all the stuff I wear normally is female.
    I have gotten to the point where people are talking that I am looking like a woman.. this doesn't upset me at all. I have my hair long and cut in a ladies style. I love being fem and have accepted it, I dress for me and not other people and I will continue to do things to appear more and more fem.
    As for the DR, every visit over the last 2 years has been pretty much in full fem.. now I don't wear forms there.. but I wear all female clothes, jeans, panties, blouse, and camisole.. and I carry a purse.. I also wear full makeup. My Dr has never said a word about it, however a couple of the nurses were caught a little off guard the first visit...lol

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I started wearing panties at age 6 and a bra at age 9! I wore the bra on a doctors orders, so my breasts wouldn't sag. Of course I didn't wear a bra when I was in the military. But other than that I jave worn panties and a bra almost every day for the last 50+ years. Except when I do go to the doctor! I do wear Jockey shorts to the doctor's office, but usually everything else is feminine!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Haven't thrilled the doctor yet, but I'm wearing panties exclusively. I think I'll wear the black full panties when I see the doc, instead of the sexy VS.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Banned Read only
    For me switching to panties full time happened almost right away. I promised myself that I wouldn't do it, but I couldn't resist. I have 1 pair of men's underwear that I keep in the closet just in case.

I'm always on the lookout for female clothes that can pass reasonably well as male in public. If anyone has tips on this, I'd love to hear them.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Well, I think you are definitely going in the right direction. I wear women's clothes in boy mode all the time and sometimes it's fairly obvious. Other times less so. I haven't worn male underwear for 12 years. If I have to go to the doctor I wear plain cotton women's boy shorts. 90% of my t-shirts are women's ones and all of my hoodies and jeans are womens. Like you, in the restroom I always sit down and I have quite a lot of girly mannerisms in boy mode. I cant help myself as it seems so normal now. IMHO there's nothing wrong with being girly ... even in boy mode.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 05-25-2014 at 12:37 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

If youve seen my thread cut my underpants up,i to wear panties 24/7 i also usr female deodrant an body lotion
    LET THE INNER WOMAN SHINE THROUGH

I havent owned guy clothes since i was 6 years old, the only thing i may wear sometimes if im cold is my boyfriends hoody but thats it everything i own is female, i hate guys clothes they are so drab and un flattering as they so nothing for your figure what so ever, even my shoes, trainers are womans
    Last edited by CrossJess; 05-25-2014 at 03:32 AM.

I'm not alone then. Actually I also use women's deodorant and products like moisturisers for years now. I've also begun to style my hair in a softer way not unlike my Mother's. Still short though.

It's not just window dressing either. It has real benefits for my state of mind.

I finally feel normal.

If you have an accident the last thing on your mind will be underwear. You will just want treatment .

The good news is the Doctor wont care what your wearing and most have seen it all anyway.

They are professionals doing a job.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Aspiring Member
    I've been assigned to the woman's clinic at our V.A. hospital and am officially listed as transsexual. So my V.A. visits are only as a woman. Of course I wear panties because that is what we wear, silly. Leanne

I also wear women's underwear pretty much exclusively, black panties all the way haha. I definitely feel sexier in them. I used to wear boxer shorts but since I started wearing women's skinny jeans basically all the time, they're just too big. I still keep all my old men's t shirts and boxers though, they make for great pyjamas.

As someone that doesn't "dress" I just realised that I am switching over to a lot of female clothes. I wore out a pair of women's pants last Winter, they worked out so well. (Got them on sale when the men's one weren't) Now it's warmer, I'm wearing women's shorts, because the inseam is just where I want it, the guys ones are too long! I’ve been in panties for about 3 years now, have some men's ones, but I’d have to dig for them. They are fairly tame, just stretch microfiber bikinis, but if I wasn’t paying attention on the day of a doctor's appointment, the rose pink ones might get a comment or compliment! This morning, I pushed my boundaries a little, I needed cream for the coffee, and some milk, so walked to the local 7-11 in sweater and khaki denim knee length skirt. I think maybe 3 people noticed, but no visible reaction. About 6 other people were passed, that I'm fairly certain didn't even register they weren't shorts.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    I only started crossdressing earlier this year. The main problems have been four-fold:

1. My soon-to-be ex-wife never knew about it. This year, we started the process for a divorce (for other reasons). She never knew I wanted to do this, or she probably would have divorced me long ago.

2. My possibly soon-to-be girlfriend doesn't like it. She believes in the old fashioned way of thinking, like in the Bible, that men aren't supposed to wear women's clothing. She doesn't live in this area. When we have gotten together, I have to be in "boy mode".

3. My roommate is a "good ole' boy" (spelling?). I rent a bedroom and bathroom from his house. He has caught me with lipstick on. Another time, he saw me with high heels on. If he found out what I have been doing, I would probably be kicked out.

4. I'm a sailor in the Navy. As such, I have to be in "boy mode" all the time. Also, I'm about to transfer to a ship that is supposed to be stationed out of the US, so I probably won't be able to crossdress at all for about 1.5 years, at the minimum!

I feel stuck, but I have been slowly whittling away at my guy wardrobe. I can't do it 100% until I'm out of the Navy. Allen

Interesting, everything in your life seems to be in place to deliberately obstruct your dressing. Your ex, your girlfriend, your living arrangement, your job.

I can relate to that. When I was unmarried I lived at home with my parents. I 'only' did so for my career aspirations which required regular medicals so of course I couldn't shave my legs and it heavily restricted my opportunities for dressing. I was also an army reservist which kept my weekends busy and prevented me from dressing.

Later looking back I can see what I was doing.

Are you doing something similar? How important is your navy career?

If equating wearing feminine clothing makes you feel feminine go for it. In reality the woman makes the clothes and it's mostly our perception that sells it to us.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 05-27-2014 at 07:30 AM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I feel feminine anyway however I'm dressed. I know I don't look feminine most of the time. For me it's about being myself and the clothes are the catalyst to allow myself to be myself if you see what I mean.

Silver Member
    You should always be comfortable and confident in whatever you choose to wear, no matter what your mode! Many items can be classified as androgynous and could be (& are) worn by either gender without comment from others. It is up to the individual to decide what is their "fashion". Enjoy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with my "mixed" habits! LOL

So I've used "women's" deodorant for god know's how long? Dove -- "Turns armpits to underarms in 7 days." Ewww... I don't want armpits!! Same with my beauty routine -- I use the whole array of face washes, day and night creams, lotions, and masks. Nothing wrong with want to look young! I wish I could have pierced ears, but that is an actual prohibited body modification for males in my line of work. BOOOO!

For dressing I still occasionally wear guys undies but mostly wear panties. I had just started wearing bras too -- Hanes A-cup lightly padded no wire bras are fairly stealthy. I will wear male undies to the doctor, but that is only because I get to enjoy the high quality care of military medicine </sarcasm> and these doctors aren't always as professional as in the civilian world.

@NavyM2F_WAM -- I totally understand the drive away from dressing because of our jobs, but it shouldn't be. It was for me for a while but recently I have transition to wearing panties more often than not, to include in uniform. I am deployed right now to Kuwait and home station is Okinawa, and I wear panties and a just started wearing a bra everyday (well most every day) to include in uniform. I remain with shaven in the areas that hair is not welcomed on for women and have done so for about 15 years now. No one has ever given me grief over this since the repel of DADT, I don't see anyone getting charged over wearing an article of women's clothing. Several cases have been dismissed in courts martial where an argument about a crossdressing member was charged with "bringing a bad image to the armed forces." It happened in the 80s and 90s, but unless you have some other crime attached to it, it's not going to happen these days.

Good luck! I hope the after career opportunities come to light, the relationships workout, and living situation all fall in place!

I do worry about you and your current girlfriend, if she doesn't like it now, she probably never will and it will be hard on you. There are a world full of women who are accepting and I would say go out and find one before you realize you've been in another long term relationship that might not make you happy. As for the roommate, when you get back from Spain, check out craigslist or get a small 1 bedroom apartment with your BAH. Been there, done that!

--Charlene

Aviatrix, cool name. I'm an flyer too and one of unfulfilled dreams is to go to work dressed. But now at least I can go underdressed!

When I was in uniform I never dared to wear anything underneath. Also I didn't even shave my legs because of it. I don't know how you do it.