Thread: There aren't many transguys are there lol

Where are all the transmen??!

Well since Len turns out a lesbian, am I the only transguy on here now? Lol 0.o well damn

Hi,

Well this seems to be the normal on many of the other forums im on very few come in ,

And its much the same for myself so we do have one or two things in common , im used to it so really being different from most others and much of my background is outside of those on this forum , you sort of learn to talk to your self, , just ya gota be carefull when you answer your self back.. others think you really strange then.

na i prefer.... weird....., suits me better,

...noeleena...

There are other sites where I see a more even mix of F2M and M2F (and M2? and F2?.) I don't think that it's that there aren't a lot of transguys out there. I think it's that they don't come here.

Ideally, it should be the F2Ms that don't come here who would explain why they don't (for some strange reason they aren't ), but I'll butt in anyway to suggest that it might be related to my impression that this site is pretty M2F dominated and not terribly friendly to FAABs. And of course, if you're F2M and want to talk with other F2Ms, you won't go to a site where there's only one F2M.
    Last edited by Asche; 05-25-2014 at 10:16 AM.

Haha, poor Shadow! Don't worry though, if you post it, they will come...

I was thinking the same thing. Then I attended an event at Hamburger Mary's and the place was packed with F2M gentlemen. Some of the nicest guys I have ever met. So many stopped to chat with me and were so complimentary on my presentation. Not like they were hitting on me or anything. They were having a good time and wanted to ensure we were too.

I do hope a few more join here. It's helpful to have others who share your struggles and feel similar emotions to talk to. In the meantime there are a lot of us here very interested in hearing about your adventures and more than willing to offer a sympathetic ear.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Quote Originally Posted by LenGray View Post
    Haha, poor Shadow! Don't worry though, if you post it, they will come...
    Yup. I visit the ladies forums more, especially the lounge and joke sections because there is very little going on over here. I feel like for the most part the ladies are super nice, but I have had a run-in with a mod or two, which makes me less enthusiastic about this site in general.

There used to be a lot of FtMs here, unfortunately they got driven off by some of the cders who seemed to think they were better than the FtMs and thought that FtMs had an easy ride, and kept on addresssing those FtMs as her and girls.....now wonder they left.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Im either thick skinned... or thick skulled. lol! But everyone has different buttons that can get pushed. I wish they had at least left a note about where they can be found. Every once in a while I wonder how they are doing, especially Ze.

Well damn lol. I have also noticed the MTF forums have more liveliness and talk than here. We need to change that! Haha. That's one of the reasons I brought this up lol. If anyone out there is a FTM don't be shy! We don't bite lol

I'm here but I don't log on that often and I'm on this forum mostly to learn more about crossdressing to gain insights into the world of a friend of mine. If I want to talk about my trans experience or bond with other trans* folks, I generally go to FB or Susan's for that.

While I am a GG, my daughter is married to a FTM that I love with all my heart. I was married to a cd'er and that's how I ended up here Sandra is right. Back when I joined there were a few and the cd'ers in general weren't very nice Most weren't but sadly there can be a few bad apples that give the wrong impression. I've been on hiatus for awhile due to a serious family illness. I do try and pop in now that things are calmer. I look forward to talking to all of you and I hope to learn as well as help when I can
    Keep an open mind....but not so open your brain falls out
    Robert Low

I know quite a few FTM's in my TG support group. In fact, I would say that there are 2 MTF for every FTM, meaning that FTM TS'es make up 1/3 of the TS population.

FTM's do NOT have any easy ride. I have personally spoken with FTM's and found out that they suffer from the same debilitating gender dysphoria that we MTF's do, and have the same inner battle in their heads as we do, and many of them had histories of CDing before transitioning too. Oh, and FTM's can be straight, lesbian, bisexual, or any other sexual orientation too.

FTM's also frequently worry about their breasts showing and often feel they have to restrict the type of clothes they wear so their breasts do not show. Just as we MTF's often feel we need to avoid heels because of our height or avoid clothing that brings out our masculine features or worry about covering the beard, FTM's worry about the same crap too. We MTF's have it more difficult in the area of beards in that we need to cover the beard, but FTM's have to hide their breasts with binders and/or clothes, and we MTF's can just wear breast forms.

Oh, and I have heard stories of FTM's getting physically assaulted, sexually assaulted, and raped by MTF TS's too. Oh, and even worse is FTM's have been raped while using the men's room. I'm not trying to downplay the struggles of MTF's, because MTF's have been raped too.

FTM's face every bit of prejudice as MTF's do. They lose jobs, family members, and friends too. I know FTM's who transitioned young, like MTF's, who were kicked out of their homes by their parents for being trans, were forced to drop out of high school, and don't have jobs. Some FTM's have engaged in sex work to pay for basic living expenses or transition expenses, just like MTF's.

But we both have our own set of struggles, and many of them are the same struggles. Did I forget to tell you that we both worry about passing, getting clocked, and getting misgendered in public. We both face getting misgendered by family members and friends, acquaintances, and co-workers from the past.

OMG. Here is the grand finale spectacular of this whole charade. FTM's also get misgendered from within the trans community, just like MTF's do. It isn't just happening on this forum. This happens out in real support groups too.

And being misgendered sucks. It royally sucks, especially when it comes from within the trans community, by people who ought to know better.

So, yeah, no wonder they left. They feel that they get mistreated by the cross-dressers and TSes. And CDers and TSes tear each other apart too. Seriously I think it's time we stop the catfights. We don't have much support from outside the trans community. And tearing each other apart from within the community just makes transitioning WAY harder.

And if we MTF's experience pink fog, than I suppose that FTM's experience blue fog.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 06-05-2014 at 01:32 AM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Banned Read only
    Sorry Shadow, we got bored one night and auctioned off all of the guys. You know how us girls are!

A genetic female presenting as male being sexually assaulted by a genetic male presenting as female. We probably wouldn't have read this story 50 years ago. This is officially the future. In all seriousness, sexual assault no matter the recipe is detestable and I truly feel for those who have been victims. I just thought it was a very unique concept.

Boo that made you all jump!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    There used to be a lot of FtMs here, unfortunately they got driven off by some of the cders who seemed to think they were better than the FtMs and thought that FtMs had an easy ride, and kept on addresssing those FtMs as her and girls.....now wonder they left.
    I will consider FtMs as male and use male pronouns. I expect myself to be considered female and please use female pronouns while referring to me.

Jorja, I most certainly agree with you, you really look good! Ricki Dove

I'm glad you are here holding up this side even if you are the only one my friend. I think you are pretty cool.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I just find it quiet here, so I forget to check back! Sometimes for many months at a time, haha..

Years ago I was a ftm mod here and there was a fair few ftms here we had sections I now see are gone! No idea why because they where a space for us guys to chat

Many left because despite asking people not too many called us girls, ladies, she ect and when you don't want that in every day life you sure do not want it in a forum, that being said many where nice too but where over shadowed by the rude ones

We had a photo section but the ladies kept commenting on our pictures saying we was pretty or that we look very feminine ect again although maybe at the time it was how we looked it never made us feel better about our image.

I made some great freinds from this forum some mtf some ftm that I still am freinds with on Facebook and sadly some I was freinds with from here I lost contact with.

My life has moved on I now am totally stealth in daily life only ever seen as male and no longer need support for my trans background but I remain about on some Facebook groups to help the younger ftms find information and support

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Years ago I was a ftm mod here and there was a fair few ftms here we had sections I now see are gone! No idea why because they where a space for us guys to chat
    Because the sections didn't get any use after the majority of the FtMs left.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna