Thread: Daughter Found A Picture

Daughter Found A Picture

My wife and I have discussed speaking with our children about my crossdressing for a while now, we have a good idea of how they will each react. My daughter exceeded my expectations and I am so proud of her! My 15 yr old daughter wanted to take my 2.5 year old son on a walk to the park. Since she doesn't have a phone, I gave her my phone for safety. While at the park, she decided to take some pictures of the two of them. When she reviewed the pictures she found a picture I apparently did not delete. Whe she got home she handed the phone back to me and mentions she had taken some pictures. She then mentioned the picture. I was pretty embarrassed at first and tried to ignore it, but thought full disclosure might be the better option. So I fired up the grill, slapped some burgers down, grabbed my beer and a coke, then sat down with her outside. She was surprised, "Your like the manliest guy I know", "are you gay, bi", all the standard questions I think everyone has when they find out. I gave all of the standard answer most of us give back. Then we talked about the more personal side of it, I teased her about using my makeup when she thought it was Moms, we talked about shoes, clothes, makeup, and a whole list of other things. She was accepting, loving and everything we had hoped she would be! I look forward to seeing how our relationship dynamic improves and sharing new experiences we share with you Gurls!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Kids can be awesome sometimes.
    Happy it went OK with her.

To children today it may be an initial shock but there is more information about alternative lifestyles out there and it is accepted.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    those heart to heart talks with kids can be scary but you handled it well.. at least you had it come up in such a good way instead of others that have some ugly experiences. My pending ex thought she could get the best of me by telling my daughers (she is not their mom) when I was away and we were calling it quits. Didn't go as she planned. Sat with each daughter to explain and yes, generation today knows more and accepts more..well most of them do thank you for sharing a nice story..
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Platinum Member
    Great daughter. You and your wife should be ,proud of the good work you did in raising her.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Glad it worked out for you.

My daughter is the reason I don't come out. I don't want her to have to deal with her father's kinks.

congratulations to both you and your wife for raising such an amazing human being to be accepting and tolerant of others. congratulations to you specifically for being honest with her when she asked.

I have mixed feelings about disclosing to one's juvenile children.

On the on hand, I really like the idea of full and universal disclosure. It simplifies things and frees those that know from the burden of keeping the crossdressing secret.

On the other hand, children aren't the best at keeping secrets, and something like that is quite likely to be passed on to others. I worry that those 'others' would use that information against the CDs children by teasing or even bullying.

I am happy to read that your disclosure went well Susan. You and your daughter now have even more in common, and more to talk about. That's always a good thing.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Banned Read only
    Susan did your daughter recognise you in the picture ? If not could you just say it was a lady that was taken by mistake and then just delete it and say no more .
    I still think she was too young to be told, she will have her own issues to deal with as a teenager and as things don't always go smoothly, she has something to fire back at you. My kids are in their thirties now but I prefer them still not to know .

My wife and I did not plan to tell my children. Partially because of their age, but mostly because I didn't feel it was needed. I have no plans at this point of bringing Susan out any further than my own room or the hotel rooms. There was no doubt who was behind the makeup and clothing, my daughter saw through that right away. I don't take pictures very often either. I was away on business and my wife asked me to send a picture because I was experimenting with my eyes a bit. It was a clean picture, but I wasn't wearing a wig, and with my shaved head, it was easy to see me in the picture. One of my fears of not sitting down with her was she would have come to her own conclusion about what she saw. I don't really worry about her keeping secrets, or feeling burden with the secret, my boys on the other hand, I know they are not prepared to deal with this, they are to young. Though I would have liked to have kept this from her, telling the truth to my daughter was the right move at this point, IMO.

Platinum Member
    Hi Susan, It sounds like you have a great relationship with your daughter.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Good luck to you. I posted years ago about how my daughter busted me. We had a similar talk and things were good, we even went shopping together. Fast forward 4 or 5 years. She has come under the influence of some very conservative people and has decided what I do is wrong and her cure for that is to never speak to me again! It totally shocked me how quickly she turned and I was never given the opportunity to even discuss her change of heart with her.

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    Yes the younger generation gets it...the other night I went over to a friends house who has know Darlene for quite a few years to watch a movie. He has just rented out a room in his home to a 21 year old and he told him that I was coming over and how di he feel about this. His answer was he would be glad to meet me and there was no problem with whatever gender I wanted to present as. So there is a change for the better and it is happening one person at a time but it is a step in the right direction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Aspiring Member
    I am glad for you. I just can't tell my 3 year old. Don't think I will ever tell. Something about it just does not sit right with me.

I am happy for Susan, I know that must have been hard. I would also like to say great job raising such a wonderful daughter.

awesome story. nice child you have raised there, so congrats on that!

Cool story! And I'm glad your daughter reacted in the best way possible!

Kids these days aren't fazed by much.. and pretty much all of the kids of my friends know about Tassia.. ranging from ages 3 tot 16. When they're very young.. they don't care. When they're between 5 and 10.. they ask why is he wearing a dress.. and usually a simple "because I like it" results in a "Oh.. okay" reaction. When they're older.. it depends, but a well prepared conversation usually does the trick!

The earlier kids learn about diversity.. the better!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Sounds like you have very lovely daughter, smart and cool. I have a 23 yr old step-son that my wife and I told couple of years ago. His reaction was "Oh, that's why you guys are always being so secretive. I thought it was something like that." We then asked him why did he suspect? and he said "Well I found those two books that you hid in the closet. One is about someone's husband who is called Betty and the other one is about a wife whose husband wears her clothes." Yep, the younger generation are great!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!