Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regrets?

Regrets?

I've had a few, but then again, to few to mention. Thanks, Ol' Blue eyes.

I'm sure we all have them. For me, they are simple. Stopping crossdressing for many years because I did not really understand what Carole (my wife) was telling me.

The worst - not telling her or showing her every day (even now) that I love her.

Yours?
    Last edited by Amanda M; 05-26-2014 at 02:08 PM. Reason: dumb keyboard.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Not being true to myself earlier resulting in many wasted years of trying to fight what was natural.

Frequently I have looked back at my life and thought "if only I had..." At some point it occurred to me, if I had done those things differently I wouldn't really be the person I am today. I am very happy with the spot my life is at and regardless of what I might have gained by doing things differently, right here right now this is my happy place.

I remember working full time going to school at night and thinking my son was going to grow up while I was out tending to my business. *plays cats in the cradle*. I dropped out of school. Life has been very hard as an unskilled laborer. Today my son is my best friend. I'm sure I could go on and on with decisions I made that made my life harder. Which little change would be the one to cost me what I have now.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

My only regret is not sharing this gift sooner!

Banned Read only
    Like you, not being honest with my wife. That's it.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Yep, honesty to those you love....
    Call me Donna, please

not bein able to drive a car. god if only i had the confidence to take up lessons, having sh*t nerves and poor co ordination and social anxiety have put up a solid barrier in that part of my life
    LET THE INNER WOMAN SHINE THROUGH

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Like probably everyone here: I regret the years and years of denial and self-hate.

When I really think about it, I'm not sure given the circumstances I have been in over my life, if things really could ever have been that much better than this. If I knew then what I know now, and took different paths in this life, I'm not sure any of them would have necessarily wound up much better than this. I did the best I could along the way, and this is far from the most hellish outcome for someone like me.

Any person in this world who has never made mistakes is a moron. Mistakes are how we learn. Regrets are how we remember.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

My regrets is waiting to long to explore being Robyn. I just turned 53, I should have done this 30 years ago. For one reason or another I just didn't. I may not be as youthful as I once was, but look out here I come.

Yes......getting married at a young age. I wish I would have explored my femme self more and maybe actually transitioned.

Quote Originally Posted by RobynC View Post
    My regrets is waiting to long to explore being Robyn.
    Similar here..
    I've had the instigator of my feminine exploration (a lingerie) now for 28-9 years or so. While the few times I tried it for a fetish thing...I knew nothing about the world of CDing or what that fetish was. Wasn't till way later (and the internet) I saw more on the fetish,and CDing, then only last year discovering Kacey with the info figured out.
    All that time wasted.. very depressing really.
    Along with all this was my sexual side cluelessness my entire life.
    Then there's my 30 year go-nowhere-career-wise job which has kept my already limited social side dead thanks to being stuck on night shifts and during weekends.

I'm only now opening up in my life in a lot of ways (figuring out self, sexuality-wise, and such) but the best times have passed already.
    So yeah. Lotsa regrets.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Platinum Member
    Thank Paul Anka...he wrote it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    Yes......getting married at a young age. I wish I would have explored my femme self more and maybe actually transitioned.
    Ditto...who knew.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    As far as Tina is concerned, nothing could be better! Ok, so we didn't find Tina until I was 55, and one could talk about having "wasted" all that time, but I don't look at it that way. I never had a moment of guilt (still don't), never an awkward moment with my wife, and everything about learning about Tina has been terrific!

My only regret is that I didn't do my research in human longevity!!!

Platinum Member
    Hi Amanda, I really don't have any regrets I've been involved with this program for 67yrs. now
    I guess if I really had a regret it would be not having the internet 60 some yrs. ago and this forum.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Amanda,
    Even if you say it in a joking way, just say it once a day in earshot....

"God I love you".

Then give her a hug.

My daughter woke me up to this many years ago and asked, "When did you say I love you to mum?"

It may not have changed much but it certainly endures.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I regret not being able to be honest with myself 25 years ago, and transitioning. I'd have saved many people a lot of pain.

I regret that at this point, it's too late for me to live a life I might have chosen. Many, many experiences that women have are just not going to happen for me. I'm too old. My life will be OK anyway, but I'm not too likely to get what I want. (And believe me, what I want is pretty minimal, and pretty average.) But my life is far, far removed from average. And in any case, I've missed most of it by this point. Well, it is what it is, and all I can do is to try to make the best of the time I have left.

There are still a great many things I can do in my life, and I'll do them such as I have opportunities to do them.

I don't really do regrets anymore since I had children. If I didn't any other way they would never have existed. I couldn't bear that idea. But if you asked me ten years ago. I'd have said that I regretted not realising that I was TS and transitioning early. I spent too much time trying to make my life work as a male. Pursuing impossible career goals, having no friends, no social life, no dates, no relationships. No life. No sex. I regret missing out on sex when I was young.

Actually I regret missing out on it now in fact. My wife lost interest after the children although ironically not enough sex when she was younger is one of her regrets. Go figure!

Yes, a lot of them. Mostly I regret any hurt I've caused my wife. I also regret that I don't have more time to spend as Anne.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    no regrets here in terms of dressing...as far as life?? I wish I quit smoking sooner...

Wasted a life time not being me.

No regrets whatsoever. I'm satisfied with my life.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Not trying to stop the weight gain with more vigor.
    DonnaT

Regrets ? some, but i have come to realize that we have crossroads in our lives and we have to accept that we must make the decisions on which road we take and learn from the experiences. Life is a test to help us grow and become the best person we can be. NO one can make us happy, that is up to us to do. My wife says she tries to make me happy and she does by just being herself, because she lets me be me.

My deepest regret,being born male or not being gender dysphoric enough in my early teens to give me the better direction to take.Didn't even know that term back then.In my whole life,I just couldn't picture myself doing the male role in a relationship so I'm in a world where I just don't fit in anywhere.