Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your personality different when dressed?

Is your personality different when dressed?

Hello all!!

Just wondering if personalities change when we are dressed? I find that Im a very conservative dresser and a bit reserved when Im male, but when I dress I act and dress a lot more provocatively! I find that I can be very free and upfront when Im dressed, feeling very free and somewhat liberated. Do others have this feeling?

My personality does not change but my actions and responses do depending on surroundings and circumstances.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

No not me personally that's only because I'm feminine & dressed as a girl round the clock 52 weeks a year but my friend Dean changes a lot when he's dressed up it's quite a remarkable difference in personalty as a guy he's reserved, shy, gets embarrassed really easy and really manly with his mannerisms, yet as a girl he's the complete opposite he's out there , he display's mannerisms that are more feminine than I'm capable of lol eeek! he's as striaght as dime but it's lovely that he can express that feminine side to him, I've never seen him so happy as when he's dressed.
    Last edited by CrossJess; 05-27-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Not much really. I do tend to be meaner though.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My wife says I'm much nicer, but generally still act like a guy. I pressure her less for sex and don't get frustrated if I don't get it and my expectations are less specific. I guess it calms me and rounds off the hard edges,, but I'm basically still me.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I am pretty much the same person...the only thing that changes is the clothes ...i bite my tounge though more in girl mode...gotta be carefull once in a while.

I find I am more open, I can be me and not hiding anymore.

I do not fully dress. I only underdress. However, I have noticed that when I put on a bra or slip I get a very strong sense of inner peace. I just feel good.

I would have to say yes my personality does change when I am dressed. I am calmer and much more open. I look to please the man I may be fortunately with and look towards his lead versus my own. And last, I just feel so much more happy and content.

I would have to say that I'm calmer, more patient and more at ease with myself. I'm no different in my mind as I feel that I'm more female than male.

Aspiring Member
    I attribute the change in personality to the way your brain works. (This is part of my theory on "Cross-dressing is a form of Synesthesia).

Cross-dressers are just like other normal, healthy, heterosexuals except for one little connection in our brains. We have a connection whereby the brain interprets cross-dressing as actual contact with a female and that makes it release a host of neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, just to name a few). The dopamine is associated with compulsive behavior, sexual gratification, and reward motivation. The neurotransmitter that can affect personality is the oxytocin. This neurotransmitter is associated with social empathy, trust, and bonding. So if you feel as if cross-dressing makes you less aggressive, more open, talkative, and trusting - well, its just the oxytocin talking.

If you find that you are less reserve and more free and provocative, then I would believe that it is due to your upbringing. Were you trained to believe that males had to "tough it out", "boys shouldn't cry", etc? When you were an excited little boy, did adults tell you to stop "acting like a girl"? I believe you were taught that boys had to be stoic, while females were free to express themselves. It is common for cross-dressers to have early childhood memories that made them believe that females had it better in life.

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    I was just discussing this VERY topic with my SO today! If I had been asked this a week ago -- aside from feeling more centered and confident, I'd have said "no difference." Turns out, it's a complete 180.

En boy, I am a fairly masculine, hetorosexual guy... In an open-minded, creatively cool way, of course! Very little of how I move, talk and interact with others could be described as feminine. En femme, however, it is a VERY different story... All the aspects of my personality that do not fit into the rigid "MALE MODE" way of how I was raised, get's neatly tucked away -- until I dress. As Wednesday, I have no limitations. It's a type of freedom I don't otherwise experience and from the outside, very little of how I move, talk and interact with others could be described as masculine...

I'm two VERY different sides of the same coin... Or, as my signature states: "I'm a work in progress."

xox
    "I'm a work in progress..."

I go from introvert military male, to extrovert relaxed open minded female
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Overall personality is still the same, with two small variations: I don't get angry as much, and I am slightly more confident / outgoing.

I don't know if that's a real personality change, or just because I've internalized our society's message that "anger is not feminine".
    "Your hands are cold but your lips are warm..."

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I become less concerned about the facade we as men must project: Strong in the face of danger, the lead on the dance floor, preferring ballroom type - as opposed to just flailing dancing, reserved in social situations, private - covering everything, the rock, and the lead in whatever my SO chooses to be the follower whether or not I would choose that.
    I become more safety cautious, driving slower, unconcerned of anyone's opinions when dancing, unconcerned about leading the dance, more carefree, less long term planning, forgetting the competitive male world, using my body and appearance as a tool, more open in social situations, a social organizer. Oh and WAY more conscious of my appearance.
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 05-27-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Putting on all the silky clothes, heels , wig changes me. My femme is released

I find myself much more animated, and It seems my whole body just loosens up.

The first thing I notice is I'm a lot happier. I'm constantly smiling. I haven't been able to fully dress a lot yet so I don't know any other changes yet.
    Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change a your life.

Facebook Page

Yes, my personality is different.

I am more open and vivacious. I am also in my feminine persona and am acting as I feel a woman my age would act.

That being said, I have often thought about this question and feel that the change has to do with "Linda" not carrying around the mental baggage that my male side deals with daily in normal life. Linda is a blank book and I am writing the pages every time I am her.

I don't think so, but wife tells me that I do act more feminine when I am dressed, not a lot but a little

Different parts of me feel more 'free' when 'en skirt' than when I'm in 'drab'. I'm still me, I just feel more comfortable letting those parts out.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I don't think I could be the best judge of my own character when dressed, but I have been told by my spouse that I tend to act quite feminine when dressed.

I'm not sure how well I can judge it. And I don't have a lot of others that really dig into whatever I'm doing to compare.
    Thing is, as a male my personality's a bit...lacking. I'm shy, socially introverted. I don't express myself much. Don't have relationships. A bit depressive too (primarily from self esteem/aloneness issues). Mom's always said it'd take more of an aggressive lady to break thru all this and I'd agree. So 48 years later still single since I don't get out anywhere.

Now I'm not as certain about Kacey. Aside from my genderish aspects, I am calmer as her. I thought I was somewhat breaking down the shyness/social walls, like maybe I could finally figure out how to 'let myself go' more as Kacey. Well, yeah to a degree. Whether it's a Kacey influence or just pent-up tired of it all loneliness thing or age, I've come out further about my sexuality and interests with friends. (Shifting to the 'don't care what anyone else thinks' mode of thought with Kacey's outside dressing has applied in more ways than one) So rushing out and doing so much outside my apartment as Kacey counts for something. But when I've gone out with groups, clubbing, etc I still kind of just sit quietly and drink, not get out and dance and such. I'm still more verbal more on the net about issues than in person. Was at a friends house at a lake over this last holiday..3 of 4 days was as Kacey. Even there though I can't say I was that expressive..although the depression side wasn't helping. About all I got out of that mini-vacation was sunburn in a not-so-manly way (camisole and swimsuit strap tan lines up top are a bit odd as a guy ) and frustration over other issues.
    I would've loved to have become more expressive, more free, etc but guess it just doesn't work like that for me.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Nope, one personality, all the time. I'm one of those who believe that those who profess to have two personas, one male, and one female, develop that in order to distance themselves from the feminine feelings they have, because of the tremendous stigma our society has against any man who feel, acts or behaves female in any way. We should not have to be embarrased about these feelings, yet it's hammered into our brains from the moment we're self aware, that to be feminine in any way is the worst thing a boy can be. And often, we simply can't ever get past knowing how the rest of the world would feel about us, should they find out about our femininity.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't think I change much. I don't go out dressed so I don't feel the need to act differently.