Thread: Virtual Makeup!!!

Lightbulb Virtual Makeup!!!

Hey girls,
    My background is in technology and I have been doing some research on how to help us gals visualize our femme selves and practice/plan our makeup for those time we want to go out and live it up or just stay in and enjoy our femme time to ourselves. I was looking at either putting together a list of sites or even eventually putting together a virtual "dressing room" for us gals to try on clothes, hair and makeup before we spend out hard earned cash on somethign that may not look or fit right, or just have fun experimenting (we all can't look like 19 year old bombshells but we can try are best )

Here is one I was playing around with... its actually pretty good as long as you have decent lighting when you snap a pic of your face

Virtual Makeup by Cover Girl
    http://www.covergirlfablab.com/steps/try_on

Virtual fitting room
    (this one would be nice if more features were freely available but yo have to sign up to play with it. You can create your own models but I did not see if we could upload our own photos to help us visualize but you can plug your measurements into the model creation to at least help with fittings)

Here is one from Fitnect (but you need a Kinect to use it and some decent tech skills to set it all up)
    Sample vid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jbvnk1T4vQ

So I just wanted to share some of this with you gals and help some fellow sisters out I may try my hand at putting something together (a whole package thing) to help both GGs and us gals try hairstyles, makeup and clothing, virtually with our actual selves instead of models
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-29-2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: links that require special equipment or sign in not allowed

Sounds like fun, gotta try 'em

Good find!

The covergirlfab link is fun... gosh, I could while away hours messing with that... the only good or bad news is that I can't buy all of the products used just by a single mouse click, thanks to not being in the US.... Good or bad...?

Other aspects would be fun to model, but is it as much fun as the real thing...?

Will we have to have a separate section for virtual CDers who never even dress...?

I suppose this is progress...

Good post, Sheila - thanks for sharing it - do let us know if it goes further...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Hell-o Sheila, Fun stuff, It's cool to see the effects of the different tones when they are applied to the model, and can give you an idea of what can be achieved, I didn't try it with my own photo, like Katie, I would be sucked in for hours playing with it.
    Hands on training always works best for me.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Sheila,
    I like to return to twenty now and then too.

The Cover Girl site helps.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I know there are a few different ones out there. A few for make up and a few that will allow you to try different hair styles. I think a list for easy access would be great.
    Erica

The Fitnect looked amazing. I'll definitely be trying that out. Their installation instructions looked fairly in depth, so that will be a weekend project for me. If I can get it working and figure out how to capture video on my xbox I'll do a video similar to the one on youtube but probably more real since I'm not a paid model.

No problem ladies I'll work on putting together a more robust list

Platinum Member
    Hi Sheila, That is very interesting.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

One of my favorites is taaz.com since it allows you to try different hairstyles as well.

Nice website I like it
    http://www.covergirlfablab.com

make us learn how to do make up to ourselves

nice site very help full to try on new looks

A very fun site.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    if you do a search you will find there are a bunch of threads like this with discovery of these types of services. My favorite not mentioned here is www.taaz.com