Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outed to everyone

Outed to everyone

So recently, my wife and I had a guy friend of mine staying with us for a few weeks while he left his gf and got on his own feet. Long story short, she told him one night. He held on to that information until he got caught playing us against each other and he left. Then he began texting everyone he knew that we knew to tell them. Luckily, my wife is denying it, and one of my oldest friends (i told him last year even though i thought he would be the worst to deal with) is laughing off all suggestions of that sort. Now, I don't care if anyone and everyone knows, but I have children that i don't want to make life harder for. They are boys going into middle school, and kids can be so cruel these days.
    Last edited by claire_hollinger; 05-30-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Hi Claire
    sounds like this guy is a jackass you helped him out and this is how he repays the kindness you showed him hopefully people will move on to talk about something else soon xxxx
    hugs love and kisses Paige x
    Hugs love and kisses xxx Paige

Hi Claire, I am so sorry, you do not need people like that in your life any ways. I know I would want to curl up in a ball and disappear if that happened to me.

Claire,
    We all have known/or dealt with that guy!!!
    Hold your head high and let Karma repay him for all his "kindness"

Huggs
    Penni

Claire - you have to think of your kids, and it's good that you do...

I guess that proves the long repeated adage about you having no control over that information once it's been released - take care who you (or in this case your wife..) tells in the future...

Karma will hunt him down and make him pay... I hope...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Claire:
    I'm sorry you were outed and he sees "what comes around comes around" happen to him.
    The ancient Greeks had an expression "when the rain has fallen nothing can put it back in the sky again".
    I hope that you have a lot of family and friends supporting you and are helping you deal with this.
    Marilyn Monroe says "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it".
    and I wish I was born a woman

Platinum Member
    Hi Claire, I really don't think that he was much of a friend.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm saddened to hear that, Claire. We only have one side of the story, but I would be inclined to break all contact from somebody like him.

I agree that children can be very cruel. IMHO part of a parent's job is teaching their children healthy coping skills in the face of adversity. It's up to you, of course, but perhaps it would be a good idea to use this clown as a teaching moment and warn them about what may happen so they have some time to prepare for any onslaught.

Good riddance to his ex-GF. She deserves better.

If you don't want out don't share.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Glad to see your wife is on your side it can make all the difference
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Ugh what an a-hole...wonderful that your wife backed you up. She would very likely help you manage thru any difficulty with the kids too. On the bright side you know where your other friends' loyalty is.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    No good deed goes unpunished, live and learn.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    He would no longer be a friend.

Banned Read only
    Why did your wife share your mutual secret with him? I'm glad she will deny everything. I hope she has learned not to share such intimate details of your life.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post

Karma will hunt him down and make him pay... I hope...

Katey x
    "He who repays evil for good, evil will never depart from his house." -- King Solomon

people need to mind their own business...karma works in strange ways!!
    i do wish you the best
    paula

Hey Claire
    Dudes a fool move on...! Surround yourself with positive people - sometimes we have to fight fire with fire!
    HuGs

KD

Sorry to hear that. You take him in and that was how he repaid you. Even if you were hard on him living there with you all he still should respect you and be grateful you helped him out. He is not a friend.

Thank you for sharing your cautionary tale. I have "almost" told about 10 people the last year. I'm glad I didn't though, because life has its ups and downs and when people feel emotionally deprived they unconsciously feed off of gossip and judgment to lift themselves up.

Even the ones we think never would...

Quote Originally Posted by claire_hollinger View Post
    a guy friend
    I assume EX - guy friend!

Thats really messed up, i am so sorry that happened
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -I Just Want Someone To Tell Me I'm Pretty-

Claire,

You look wonderful in your avatar pic!

I'm very sorry to hear of your dilemma and I hope it works out well for you. For those of us that have SO's that know, it's always a question mark about who they will tell, or if at all. I'm sure your wife feels bad about it and is backing you up. Yeah, not much of a friend you had there. Too bad, betrayal always hurts.

Some of us live the life of secret agents, don't we? Too bad the world is the way it is.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Ditch him and move on. Without verification people will giggle, at the apparent joke, then move on to the next interesting snippet of gossip their lives. They will of course also store it away, so once bitten and all that. On the kids side of things, they will almost certainly have no problems with it, when they eventualy are told or find out. But like you they may have some AH friends too.

Claire,

I'm sorry this happened to you. It sounds like this guy is a Class A Jackass. You and your wife were kind enough to give him a place to stay while he was homeless and getting back on his feet, and he has the nerve to

1. Play you and your wife against each other
    2. Out you to all your friends

I think he did his gf an HUGE favor by leaving her. It sounds like this guy is a major loser, and doesn't deserve to have a girlfriend, or any friends for that matter.

I'm glad your wife is denying it. I hope everyone giggles and laughs, at HIM, your ex-friend, as he makes a complete fool out of himself.

If I'm going to sound more spiritual about this, then everything he did to you and your wife is all about him. It's a reflection of his inner turmoil.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

What a jerk. The things is--sounds like he is the type that will need help AGAIN, in the future, and he will then know he burned that bridge to someone he could go to. Hang in there Claire---we always assume the worst in these situations, and I'll bet it won't be that bad.
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"