Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever attended a concert dressed up?

Has anyone ever attended a concert dressed up?

I am just wondering if anyone has ever attended a concert, a big name performer concert, dressed up?

Many years ago I was at a Donna Summer concert, alas I was in drab.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Well, go to any Lady Gaga concert, and you will see a multitude of various levels of dressing---and some wild costumes too. No problem going to her shows! We have street fests, each week-end in Chicago, in different neighborhoods, with food/beer, and 3-4 stages, with a great mix of music---sometimes a "name" band. I've been to several dressed. Going to see Jonathon Richmond in a few weeks---and plan on looking as nice as I can,lol! Maybe not a big name, but, he is to me
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

I've seen some of my favorite bands while dressed. YMMV on whether or not you consider them 'big name' ....
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

The Hollywood Bowl, Joshua Bell and The Academy of St. Martin In The Fields, and a number of others concerts.

Concerts, operas, ballets, plays, and shows are always great forms of entertainment

But if you are first going out and are nervous than I would not suggest a concert nor any other venue where you have assigned seats and precious little opportunity to change your position if you feel read or spooked. Best to get your "sea legs" first and become comfortable with being out and about in places where you have greater freedom of movement, shopping malls and the like..

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Hi,

Not sure about big names and the like . any way. though have done so

Yes i do more than just attend i help get things done and ready plus do the wellcoming in and making sure every thing is okay sort things out with all who are involved with the night .

Do the photography as well for 4 groups, not every meeting / show we have a membership of well over 1000 people and our numbers are between 80 to 250 and for some shows we have pulled over 2,500 people,

For some of the smaller groups i play and sing, so im very involved,

For larger do's been with our grandaughter there were some 3,000 people, and others about the same, . im very well known so can go any where, and meet with many people,

and my dress will be different for some outings as it involves us being dressed in period wear or garb. or uniformed depending on what we are doing,

So pick your dress code all female of cause, though we do have a few guys help out though its really us women who see it through,

...noeleena...

Yes I've been to the Sydney Opera House dressed for a concert (Olivia Newton John. OK, a little bit kitsch but my wife loves her and she actually is a very good live performer).

Personally I think it is actually easier often to go to something like a concert etc. as most women will be both fairly dressed up and wearing a lot more makeup than they would typically wear at the shopping mall which makes it easier for a dressed up heavily made up CD to blend in.

Sunday, March 30, 2014, Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas...the one & only ELTON JOHN!!!

Wonderful show with two of my dearest friends, something I will always cherish.

But it wasn't so much being dressed as it was simply being.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm imagining the possibilities in outfits in going to a concert - could be VERY fun. I do have a fantasy of going to the theatre all dolled up. I'd LOVE to do that, too!

No, but visit to the midnight shows of the Rocky Horror Picture show would be a natural for all of us to dress up like the Tim Curry, aka Dr Frank-n-Furter.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I have gone en femme to concerts great and small. I have been to large concert halls, to small performances, to theaters, to concerts in churches, a wide range of possibilities. I do restrict my attendance to venues where alcohol is unlikely to be a problem. Such crowds are generally a genteel bunch of people who are well-behaved and do not normally stick their nose in other people's business. They tend to be better dressed, wearing more makeup, etc., which is a plus for a CD blending in.

The worst thing about attending a concert en femme is the restroom. It is awkward to use the guys' room. Even if I pass well enough that the other ladies don't mind, the longer lines are a bummer.

The greatest paradox of going out en femme is that the larger the crowd or venue, the safer a CD usually is. It goes counter to our intuition. We feel that we are safer when we hang back from contact with others, when we sit alone, when we nervously watch everyone who comes near. The opposite is true: we are safer in the middle of a well-behaved crowd.

It sounds like it can be a lot of fun. I have done a few crazy things, but never a concert. I am considering going for it. I mean, I went grocery shopping dressed up today so how hard can it be to go to a concert?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Does San Francisco Pride count? They often have a "big name band" headlining the main stage ... if you were referring to "mainstreaming" at a regular pop concert type venue with non-TG folks all around you, then .. err ... no, (not yet).
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 05-31-2014 at 09:51 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Aspiring Member
    Concerts and the theatre are the perfect excuse to dress to the nines, even if most of the other members of the audience don't bother. I have been to classical concerts in York and many times closer to home, and also to the theatre in York. I haven't been to a pop concert dressed though.

Aspiring Member
    I have often thought about doing that but so far haven't.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Never been to any stage performance dressed but then I don't like to make a song and dance about it .

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Been to a few.. but I wouldn't call them big name concerts.. but still concerts with a few hundreds to a few thousands attending.

I don't see myself attending a Metallica concert all dressed up, since I'll be headbanging so much.. there's no point in doing my hair and make-up!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

In 2010, there was a local symphony concert in the park bandshell. I decided no one knows me in that city. I wore a blue sleeveless mock turtleneck top, and just below the knee blue skirt, and 2 1/2" heels, and a pretty short gray wig, and could sit wherever i want, on bleachers. I sat alone, near the back, but people ont the bleacher right behind me, and lots of people in lawn chairs to me left , and behind, could all see me. I just sat, and enjoyed it, and clapped when the music ended, standing , joined the satnding ovation, waited a few minutes, then walked through the crowd back to my car. One guy on a bicycle did a double take, though! I was to meet an admirer ther, but, we could not find each other! He was quite upset, in an email.

All the time. I think they would ask for my id if I went drab!

Went to a classical concert with my wife en femme. It was great although it was January and it was 20 below so we were both bundled up to the hilt. And the most frustrating part was she'd worked on helping me get just the right dress, heels and everything ready for the event.

I can't say I was dressed up to see the Rolling Stones, more like dressed down.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Starting in June, if i have the gas money, I hope to go to the annual symphony in the park, again, and to four or five city municipal band concerts at the Dekalb Illinois Hopkins Park bandshell.

A friend had tickets she couldn't use. I went to see Country Gentry band at an outdoor venue. I think they checked my purse for contraband. Not sure, but I think I had to have my id checked to get a wrist band to buy beer. Fun time, but I avoided sitting next to other people and avoided talking with other viewers.

Jennifer Going alone as a pretty lady, is kind of scary, i bet. I would be a little nervous at a country or rock concert alone as a lady. You had courage.

I always see a lot of CDers at the bigger metal fests but I've always got the impression that they are likely intoxicated in one way or another and are looking to get a rise out of people. It's usually like a bright pink frilly dress on a big burly guy with the beard of a viking. I used to shy away because I've never had the guts to do what they do (of course I'd do it better with full makeup, etc) and of course I am still terrified of strangers' opinions of me but perhaps next time I'll at least offer a high five.

I'm working hard to be honest with myself and end all the hiding while I'm still relatively young , going to take a few more years though I think. I have always admired the look of the gothy GGs at these shows. Would be nice to join them one day while I still can.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.