Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "This just got real" - my first time out dressed!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar

"This just got real" - my first time out dressed!

OMG!

I have to be up in just a few hours but I'm still so wired after my amazing first night out dressed, all orchestrated by the bestest and sweetest big sis any girl could have, AmyGale RT.

I'm in Amy's hometown of Denver for a trade show, so it was a golden opportunity to tackle a number of firsts for me: first time out dressed en femme - and, hence, first time needing a purse; first time meeting other crossdressers; first time using a somewhat-femme voice in front of others; first time interacting with "civilians" while dressed as a woman.

After an incident-free journey to the Mile High City, I thought my plans would be squashed when I almost couldn't get my Julie gear -- which I had shipped to my hotel ahead of me -- because the mailroom was closed. Luckily, I got the concierge to retrieve my parcel and I finally made it to the Gender Identity Center in Denver, where Amy had arranged for me to make my transformation. As I walked up the street from my car to the center, where Amy was standing outside waiting for me, I kept thinking, "Wow, this just got real." By that I mean, up until now I had been a totally private dresser, never even met another crossdresser other than on this forum. But finally getting to meet Amy in the flesh put things into a whole new dimension for me.

That dimension took on new angles as I made my transformation, knowing there were people out there I'd have to face while dressed, trying to get my makeup as perfect as possible (first time curling my eyelashes), getting frazzled when it was sweating away almost as fast as I could apply it, thwarting my Secret deodorant and body spray (oh yeah -- first time wearing women's deodorant) until the AC kicked in, and then, at last -- in my Avenue B&W giraffe print dress, nude hose, nude patent slingbacks, wig, makeup and accessories -- revealed myself to Amy and the others outside. And then, having to actually walk outside (!) to Amy's car (after sundown by this time), driving over to the Black Crown, having to park several blocks away and take the longest walk I'd ever made in heels, over rugged asphalt, up curbs and across a major street, then up the block to the club -- oh, yeah, this just got real.

The Black Crown is an amazing place - ornate, festooned with antiques, live jazz, and totally LGBT friendly. To be addressed as "ladies" by staff and patrons -- wow! Of course, Amy's a regular, so she knows the place and they know her. After assessing the various rooms, we finally took seats in an outdoor courtyard, where a beautiful night with a pleasant breeze solved my sweaty makeup problem and caressed my stockinged legs as I tried to sit and converse as ladylike as possible. A fellow sitting nearby, as he got up to leave, said to me, "I love your shoes!" Wow!

We met a few other crossdressers there, including Felicia, a friend of Amy's who greeted us with hugs and joined us to sit. Then a "civilian" couple at an adjacent table invited us to join them, and we engaged in a wide-ranging conversation into the wee hours, totally accepting of our feminine personas.

I must admit, early in the going, I could barely utter a word (Amy talking and singing in her melodious femme voice, putting me at ease), just still trying to drink it all in, to get used to the idea of, holy crap! I'm really out and about dressed as a woman! But I'd never given much thought to my feminine personality; really, other than enjoying dressing up, there's nothing really feminine about me and I'm absolutely comfortable being a guy. As the evening wore on, however, I found that I was conversing much as my guy side would -- sort of "filtering" my male self through Julie -- but perhaps a bit softer, with some of the rough edges smoothed off. And I so enjoyed just being comfortable being dressed, and, finally, not alone.

All too soon, it was time to call it a night. Back to the GIC, big hugs and final photos with Amy, then an all-too-quick deconstruction back to drab. Oh, I nearly forgot ... Amy is SO SWEET -- she got me a "coming out" gift: some Lady Gaga Fame perfume!

OMG -- it's 3 a.m. and I'm not even tired, but I need to get some sleep or I'll be totally useless on the job in the morning. But I know I'm going to be thinking about this evening all day.

I'll leave you with one photo from my outing and post a few more in the photo gallery later.

Keeping it real,
    Julie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great story Julie - great experience and can I be one of the first to congratulate you!

That's a great description and you really communicate a feeling for what it must be like that first time... I look forward to that one day too..

Enjoy the feeling of the moment - you can always grab a few zeds on the job tomorrow...

Great photo as well, btw - the smiles say everything necessary!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I is great to hear your first outing was wonderful. Although I have never met Amy, I have heard great things about her. You are yet another affirmation.

I would strongly recommend any one visiting the Denver area to save either a Thursday or Saturday evening to visit the Black Crown. I had a fantastic time there on a Thursday about a month ago.

that was a sweet story,
    i was touched by your perspective and hope one day to have someone like amy and yourself great me for a night out,
    thank you for sharing your feelings of a special time with us, you expressed it very well....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Gone to live my life
    Hi Julie,

What a great story and a great adventure for you. The first time is always the most difficult but also the most thrilling. After that it is like "chasing the dragon" and always trying to recapture that first euphoric feeling. I suspect that there will other Julie "outings" in the future. I am glad you had a good time and hopefully work will go well for you.

Hugs

Isha

Julie, Thanks for sharing your first outing! Amy is a really decent human being, and you both look genuine.

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    Julie,

Thanks for posting your first outing. I, too, am new to crossdressing. The problems are:
    1. I don't have an accepting woman to help me.
    2. I have a roommate that doesn't understand this.
    3. I'm in the Navy, so it sucks trying to balance my crossdressing with my job.

Just be patient, and relaxed. You can have more fun, even if it is only by yourself at first.

Yay, you did it Julie! Way to go, girl! Yes, indeed, I remember that first long walk in heels, and I know just exactly what you were feeling, and I am so THRILLED for you. I bet you are still totally floating this morning aren't you? Don't worry, the next time will feel just as good. I bet you wish that could be today, don't you?
    I am so pleased you had a friend to help you take your first steps. For many taking that first step out through the door from secrecy feels like a step off a cliff. But once you take that step, you find yourself not falling, not crashing , but rather floating through a surreal world of wonder. It takes a while for that feeling to dissipate. And as Isha said, you will want that feeling again.
    Anyway, sweetheart, thanks so much for sharing! I am so so so very happy for you,!!!!!!!!

Julie, I knew you would have a ball at the Crown, I know the time I went it was fun, I glad you meet Amy, I hope someday to meet her, Girl what a wonderful story, I hope you did ok at work today down there in the MILE HIGH, thanks so much for sharing with us girls, also thank you Amy for making a girl dream come through, hugs,
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Pretty exciting stuff! Good for you.

Wow Julie, Very happy for You and Amy. Dont You wish You could "bottle" those feelings for later use. Hugs Roberta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thats great news. Im happy you made your way out into the real world. From here on it just gets better.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    congratulations, what an amazing and sweet story!
    one of these days I'll take a step as big as that ... your story is inspiring :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Gold Member
    Yay Julie! I had seen Amy saying she was going out with Julie and I wondered who it might be. The first time is always memorable but this really looks like quite the evening. You will remember this for a long time to come.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Great story Julie.
    Glad your first time was a success.

Sounds like you had an amazing time! I can't wait until I get my chance. I wish you many more outings like this! Hugs!!

Congrats, Julie! It is a fantastic feeling, ain't it. Well, that Genie is now out of the bottle, and she ain't never going back in, I can assure you. Start having fun with it!!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Great write up Julie! I can really relate as my first time out in public was just three weeks ago and I remember it very well! I really understand how you felt and the sweating was reel for me too! LOL. I also had the help of a couple friends with one insisting I use her heels instead for an elegant evening out as she felt the heel was too big on mine while hers where smaller but taller! My feet hurt so much but I wasn't going to get out of those shoes until I had too! Congratulations and I hope your looking forward to the next time for yourself as I am for myself!
    Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Platinum Member
    That is wonderful, Julie. I hope you have many more equally happy outings!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Julie - Thanks for sharing your first time out in the big wide world. I enjoyed reading it because it's very clear just how fantastic and liberating you must have felt. It also brought back memories for me on just how great it felt when I first went to a LGBT venue and interacted with others. Now that your genie is out of the bottle I think there's not much chance of her going back in. I think there's only fun times ahead for you now as you enjoy more of the same great feelings
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Yay! Bet that was on a very short list for best experiences ever! Hugs, Michelle

The one night the "Princess of the Crown" wasn't there and you show up. I am so sorry I missed you (was at another function) but I am so happy you had a good time and met some wonderful people. We like to think there is no place more accepting and friendly than the Crown. Amy is the sweetest person in the whole world.

I hope you make it back sometime. Maybe a night I have Cabaret. And I am thrilled that you first experience in public was such a hit.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Congratulations!!! So inspiring!

I am so Happy for you it's beyond words. It really is and Amy is a saint for being there for you to help guide you through your very first outing which has been a long time in the making. I am glad that you both had a great hassle free night Yes it got "REAL" my friend and there's no turning back now
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

That's awesome Julie! Amy is as well, sounds like you couldn't have a better big sister.