Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Brave Are You ?

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar

How Brave Are You ?

How many of you have dressed in women's clothes and gone out without wig or makeup ? Like going to the store in a mini-skirt and blouse with your normal drab face...... I love to do this from time to time, and it gets an occasional chuckle ! Actually, my first outing was to a gas station while wearing a dress, I pumped gas in broad daylight with a drab face........
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nothing wrong with that hun good on you for doing so, for me though all the time hun with the hot weather here at the moment all I put on is womans denim short shorts and a croptop tshirt and my pumps or wedge shoes, I'm constantly dressed in woman's clothes while still looking like a guy lol feminine guy at that lol so it's just a way of life for me I gave up wearing mans clothes when I was 10, I'm not sure I would wear a dress as i don't really like them that much I have a thin figure so I like to wear what shows off my flat tummy and smooth legs the most and I absolute adore denim short shorts or mini skirts .
    Last edited by CrossJess; 06-23-2014 at 06:39 AM.

I was with a bunch of friends and did this as a joke when I was about eighteen.
    Yes it was a hoot then and I only did that once.

I was then encouraged by the girls in the group to dress sensibly as I looked good and it was more fun to have a guy with them that others thought was a girl.
    Partial dressing was not bravery but I think full dressing and doing it solo is.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have done the opposite. I have gone to my hairdresser an had my shoulder lenght hair curled in womens style put on some lipstick and then whent shopping at walmart. Only comment was from the cashier she liked my curls.
    Last edited by alexmarie; 06-23-2014 at 07:23 AM. Reason: missed spelled word

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    This is one of my favorite things. Out and about, usually with very, eh-hem, exaggerated breasts. But, hey, it's my party and I'll have big boobies if I want to.

OK Carla, don't post a picture. No! No!

Oh, damn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Hi;

Well i do it all the time, though im different and my dress is also different,

I dress in Edwardian clothes of the 1900 = 14 and with our group at many outings , next.
    I wear our garb of 1400 - 1700's. and that is over seas as well so im seen by many 100's of people.

my normal day wear is long skirts tops sun hat or a turbin style head wear. no makeup much the same as you see in my avatar - photo.

My facial features are quite male and there;s no way I pass as a normal female or will I blend in as a woman,
    I don't wear wigs as I got headaches though will ...only... for our Edwardian group. as they like me to do that,

I do wear a uniform for our Brass Band that im a member of and theres many other details about myself that dressers would not do while dressed as they or others have said its ether all or not at all in dressing and being like a woman, im also in the public eye a lot as well,

at the moment im a member of two Australian Brass bands that covers 6 weeks,

...noeleena...

Carla, I love the picture, thanks for sharing, I admire you so I'm sure you get some stares.. bravo

I did this once, to go to Sephora for a makeover. Just about a month ago, in fact. Everything below the neck was en femme, plus the earrings. But I left the house with no makeup, and worse - no wig. My wig had to be back ordered and hadn't come in in time for my Sephora adventure. I was pretty apprehensive about the notion, but I told my worries to take a hike, and walked out the door anyway.

Like most things I get apprehensive about when cross-dressed, it turned out to be no big deal. The short hair just made me look really butch, and now that I think about it, I'm not sure that I'd be any more or less believable in my wig. Funny how that works.

(:
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

I think of myself as a skirt wearer, not a crossdresser, so this is what I do, or, to be more precise, working towards doing.

I am slowly getting myself used to the feeling of letting myself be seen thus. Wore a skirt to a small party the other night at our place, did get changed after a while, as it got too cool. Basically, female clothing below the waist.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Fine if that is what you want to do. I don't know that it's necessarily brave, just a personal choice. I wouldn't see any point to that myself unless I was transitioning.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You are free to do as you wish is the way I look at it.
    Most all my clothes are womens so I guess I do that everyday.

Its nice to see a lot of you go out and wear what you feel like wearing and the heck with everyone else. Good for you guys. thats not my style at all I like full make up and nice fem clothing. To each his own. Enjoy life and have fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I went in to a fast food place with a pair of pantie hose, short shorts, 3 in. heels and a tube top. The hambuger was great. The cook even had to come take a look. I love the look on peoples face, I'm going to be me and if thay cant handle it then don't look. Come on lets show the world that we like being girls too.

A few years ago I did that, driving back from the mountains, skort and knit top and heels. Got gas and food no one cared.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'm not out, YET, but I can't imagine seeing myself going out and about in that manner, dressed, but with no female emulation done to my face whatsoever. At least an attempt at it, even if it is a rudimentary attempt and not even a good one at that. I may never be a "passable" (I'm REALLY starting to hate that word) CD, but cannot see myself only going halfway with the process. I have no problem how others present themselves and if presenting that way feels right to you, I say go for it. I just can't see myself doing it.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I can honestly say a big NAH! to that.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Nope... not that brave.

Funny indeed, that I consider getting fully dressed up and going out not an issue, no anxiety whatsoever. And I'm not one that gets embarrassed easily, but trying to do what you described would be way over the line for me. Even people that know I dress have never seen me at any stage in between my guy and girl modes... I will not allow it.

On that topic (and I'm not trying to hijack this thread), my absolute biggest fear (maybe even bigger than being recognized by somebody I know) is if somehow my wig came off while I was out in public, or even worse, was pulled off by somebody. That would be absolutely mortifying! I consider the wig to be mandatory and the one item that can instantly destroy my femme image when removed. (unless you're not wearing a wig, obviously)
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

I go out as a male wearing womens clothes all the time although I haven't done it wearing a skirt. I wear girls jeans or shorts, a girls t shirt or sweater, jewelry, and perfume. This is the way I feel comfortable and have never had the desire to go out with wig and makeup and try to blend in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Michelle-Leigh,
    The best opportunity I get is when walking the dog, I under dress in skirt and Tshirt usually black holdups, when I think it's safe I take off my drab stuff and walk across fields. First I got outed by a full commuter train and then a horse rider ! My threads are still about if you want more detail !

Aspiring Member
    I have done this quite a lot in different parts of Scotland - but in a skirt not a dress - and using a male cross-chest messenger bag, wearing flat or low-heeled women's shoes. Best in summer with bare legs and a long floaty skirt but have also worn a short skirt with thick tights and high-heeled boots in winter. Almost complete lack of reaction from passers-by - I have mostly done it with lots of people around (Prices Street in Edinburgh for example) but have also done it on the beach.

I actually do this all the time! Due to my life situation i can't shave my body and i am very masculine. I have found over the years that if you go to the right stores, in the right parts of town at the right time that you can pretty much go where ever you want without too much trouble. I have been in walmart, target, tj maxx, dress barn, victoria secret, maurices to name a few. I actually just spent my late lunch wearing women's jeans, top with an obvious bra and hit the semi annual sale at victoria secret. It is fun!

I usually go out dressed without make up and a wig. I keep planning on getting some foundation to try and hide the areas where my facial hair grows and I don't need a wig because my hair length is about mid-shoulder. I wouldn't consider myself passable but have not been treated any differently then GG's

With over 20 years experience as a guy going out in public in women's clothing looking like a guy i will say that most people will not say anything nor do they care. Most of my experiences have been neutral when meeting other people, they will be pleasant and say hi or just say nothing. I have had some very wonderful experiences that i will always cherish, and I have had a couple of bad ones that i would soon forget. I decided years ago i was tired of hiding and that i wanted to be me, I am still very careful about where i go but i am no longer shuttered up in my house.

Technically yes, although the look is more punk/androgynous than feminine for me, so although I'm wearing all female clothes I'm not presenting as female or even necessarily CD.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    That's the only way I go out dressed but I wear make up most times, I'm not trying to fool people into thinking I'm a woman.