Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men's or women's bathroom when going out?

^.^

I have it good! When I am anywhere other than work, I use the men's bathroom, because as someone else
    said, *I* would rather be the person feeling a smidge uncomfortable, rather than having women concerned
    for their security while in the bathroom because there is a gender-male in the women's room dressed as a
    woman.

Having said that, even though my boss made what I considered borderline harassment specification that
    I *WOULD* use the men's room, I discovered that the place where I work has a family bathroom downstairs
    that works perfectly. If you can find a place that has a family bathroom, then the problem is solved.

Amy M. Jackson

Try going to the bathroom directed by security, it usually works.

I go to the bathroom associated with the gender I am emulating.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    I think you are creating your own problems and then asking others to solve them for you. This is a crossdressing forum but you haven't indicated that you are a crossdresser or that you go out dressed as a woman.

If your birth certificate and drivers license indicate "male" and you have a penis, the men's room is the one you should be using.

If strangers mistake you for a female and you don't like that, adjust your clothing to be more masculine. And/or, as someone else suggested, grow a beard or mustache.

Simple answers for a simple problem.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Gaby,

I see your dilemma in that you look feminine and using the men's room may be a bit awkward but in all honesty if you identify male, are male and have ID to prove it then use the men's room as it is your right. I am guessing from your post you don't identify as "female" so using the women's restroom could also be awkward and if security arrives due to a complaint then you might have some explaining to do. I have seen some really girly looking dudes in the men's room in my life and to be honest, I might think . . . "hmm TG but out as a guy tonight" but have never thought "What is that girl doing in here?"

So unless you are phenotypically female and not distinguishable from a genetic woman (i.e., breasts, curves, no facial hair, softer features) we (males) all have markers which loudly proclaim us male. Even most of the truly pretty CDers do not actually pass on close contact and, I am certain you have some male features which most will see in the close up light of a restroom . . . not to mention standing at a urinal to do your business is a dead giveaway.

Not trying to come off as a wisea%$ here but, in the end if you identify male, use the appropriate restroom if someone says something put on your best guy voice and say "Dude . . . I'm a dude" and that should end the conversation right there. However, if you are inclined to present as female then dress appropriate to the gender and do what the rest of us do if we use the ladies room . . . get in, do your business and get out.

Hugs

Isha

Why not post a pic so we can….? Oops, with only 3 posts it ain't gonna happen!

How come butch women never use the men's room? hmmmm.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

As usual, Isha gets to the heart of the matter and I'd take her advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Has to be the Ladies ?? , is anyone really going to use the Male Restroom , wearing a pretty dress and make up

So what anyway ? , we all share the same toilet on an aeroplane

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    I was crossdressing last night (after midnight here). I went to the ladies' restroom. This time, there were at least 4 women in there. I even had to wait to use the sink to wash my hands. However, no one said a word to me, in any context, about any subject.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    When I am being Amy, I use the ladies' room, as is explicitly allowed under Colorado law. I have never had any trouble in doing so, not even in a heavily-trafficked ladies' room in the Colorado Mills mall, some of the ladies in there with young children in tow. Of course, I don't hang about in there unnecessarily; I do what I have to do and exit.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

The grown women usually don't say anything, but the little kids give me the weirdest looks, even when I have checked and double-checked my look.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Susan View Post
    Has to be the Ladies ?? , is anyone really going to use the Male Restroom , wearing a pretty dress and make up

So what anyway ? , we all share the same toilet on an aeroplane
    The OP clearly states the he is a boy and he wears androgynous clothes, so no "pretty dresses or make up"

Anyway it's clear that the OP is now gone and this whole thread was made up anyway.
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 06-25-2014 at 05:03 AM.

I once stood at the urinal. A guy called me an oxymoron! We had a good laugh, didn't bother me a bit.

i always feel a need to reply to these posts about restrooms, please check the laws in your state regarding this, I live in Michigan, the law here states that I must use the restroom for what I represent on my drivers license, which is male, of coarse I also go to many places that are lgbt friendly, so the issue doesn't come into play at those places or of coarse if a place has a "family restroom" that is always an option, but out of respect for other patrons who may be opposed to having a man enter the ladies room, no matter how passable or not one is, please be aware of any laws in case someone has an issue, like some lady in there with her daughter or something and complains to the management, it could cause one to get one of those special little dots on the sex offender map at worst. I have even asked politely which restroom they would prefer me to use, it is easier to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.

Silver Member
    If you are a male, and identify as such, use the men's room. It will also keep you out of legal trouble if your gender is questioned or a scene is made.

If you are unhappy about being mistaken for a woman, why do you dress androgynously? Why don't you make your appearance more male, like F2Ms do?

Recently I had two experiences. I was in drab on both the occasions. Once, I was at a shopping mall. Suddenly, I had to use the rest room. Instinctively, I went to one and found there was no place to stand and pee; but only two enclosed cubicles which could be used as toilets. I was astonished. When I came out, I looked back and saw the nameboard showing that it was for ladies. I felt very happy that I used the correct one, according to my mental gender. In the second case, it was a convention centre and exactly same thing happened. Maybe, mentally I am getting attuned to using the rest room appropriate to my mental gender, without my own conscious knowledge.

So far, each time I have had to use the restroom while out en femme, I have gone to the ladies' room without thinking about it too much. It is getting easier and easier to just go in there.
    Charlotte

Platinum Member
    Hi Gaby, Go to the one that you are presenting as.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    Seems to me that if you go into the men's room and step up to the urinal, everyone's questions and concerns will be answered (if they had any.)
    ^this. some things are easiest when simplified.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I use the restroom that's appropriate for how I am presenting at the time. The only problem I've had with that is when I had to change from F to M in a public restroom - where I go in as a woman and come out as a man! You're bound to get the attention of whoever is in whichever room you choose. (My solution has been to find gas station with lockable, single toilet restrooms and then it doesn't matter so much.)

I work Nights doing deliveries and a lot of places I go to there is no one around ( I have keys ) so I always use the little Girls room on matter how I'm dressed