Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trappings of being a woman

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    The look, feel and sound of certain jewelry, the scent of a wonderful perfume, the clicking of my heels on the floor, the feeling of my skirt blowing in the breeze.
    What's not to love....
    Cheryl,

You hit it on the nose. I love to hear my heels clicking on the floor (used to really be a turn-on before I started crossdressing) and feeling my dress blowing in a breeze.

Gracias!

^.^

Having the trappings of being a woman is one facet of being a woman, and I certainly enjoy it,
    but to me it if not the whole thing, and for me, it is important to recognize and validate this. My
    womanhood comes at the end of a struggle that started 35 years ago. Even when I am in my
    male mode, I feel inside that I am a woman. I did not always used to feel that way, and I am
    very glad I do now.

Amy M. Jackson

The trappings go with the rest.
    One is no good without the other.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Woman first, Trans second
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    My point is women are not clothes, hair, make up, jewelry, shoes, cosmetics, etc. those are the trappings of fashion not the trappings of being a woman. To suggest otherwise is to belittle and dismiss the female experience.
    This.

I've attended a few CD gatherings where people have given me crap for not wearing a dress and mega heels, occasionally suggesting that I'm a "bad crossdresser"... Umm, okay. Look, I love a good dress, and given the right occasion I am more than willing to destroy my feet for fashion (although my new Cole Haan's are making that less of an issue ). Sometimes though, I'm busy, tired, my feet were hurting already, and I was too lazy to shave above the knee that day, so... Sorry b**ches, but it was a sharp jeans, nice top, and comfy flats night.

To the extent that the trappings of womanhood are all-too-often about being judged constantly by everyone around you, regardless of how much they ostensibly should appreciate/understand your situation, then color me beyond sympathetic.
    Last edited by Zooey; 06-06-2014 at 02:57 AM.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

^.^

In my case, and this kinda goes off from my previous post,
    I appreciate all of the what I would call "hardnosed" women
    here, who have perhaps crossdressed for a longer time than
    I have, and their message is "don't play around, this is not a
    game. Make sure this is what you want to do, because once
    you start, you make choices that affect you, and those around
    you."

I get that, and thanks for helping me make sure my head is in
    the right place. My decisions are validated by going through
    such testing.

My counselor remarked that I had not shaved recently and
    called it an "attention-getting behavior". Every time she
    mentioned it, I kept thinking: "No, I simply didn't have time
    to shave before this appointment." So I see Zooey's point
    about not giving people grief because they are not made up
    to the nines.

And this is coming as someone who has been given a lot of
    grief because I wasn't shaved properly, or because I have
    a rather large collection of panties, or for some other reason
    from some of the people here. And guess what folks, I *get*
    it. It is better to have some constructive criticism here, and
    be able to work on it, rather than have a mistake discovered
    out in the world, where people may make fun of, or attack
    you over it.

I will say that those questioning whether I am serious about
    this, that's a bit harsh.

My hope is that I am on the path to making some friends,
    and that I have a solid base of support as I explore what it
    means to be a woman, outside of the clothes. I am a woman
    now, but since I have never grown up as a GG, I am exploring
    what that entails.

Anyways, enough preachy rant posty stuff for now.

Amy M. Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    The trappings go with the rest.
    One is no good without the other.
    Good mid-western sensibility & wisdom, Beverly! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    "I'm not sure that dealing with all the trappings of being a woman is worth it."
    For lots of us, it has nothing to do with being 'worth it', any more than women think about all the little routines they go through every day as worth it or not, it's simply doing what is normal for who we are. We dress in female clothes because it just feels appropriate, not for a high, a sexual charge, or a thrill. Consider: You're at a formal event. Everyone there is wearing a tux. And you're in a bathing suit. Sure, it's a male bathing suit, so it's appropriate for your gender, but you'd still feel a bit out of place, right? That's how I feel whenever I'm wearing male clothing; it just feels as if I should really be wearing something else; and I don't get that feeling when dressed as a girl.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

^.^

Sometimes_miss, I totally agree with you that there is a feel that is missing when ya have to be dressed in drab. Even right now, I am
    looking forward to going out to work tomorrow because that is when I usually get completely dressed up and the feeling of not wearing
    the proper clothes goes away.

Now, some of the people I have talked with have suggested perhaps branching out into more feminine, but basically masculine clothes,
    such as a hoodie that uses feminine colors or something. This is something I could see myself looking into, especially because I live in
    Wyoming, and winter tends to be very cold and such ...

Amy M. Jackson

Banned Read only
    When completely dressed, with makeup, hair done just so, pantyhose on, wearing heels and a dress or skirt and then walking out the door knowing that I am all in so all I can do is my best girly self for the world to see because it will take an hour to get back to looking like a guy.