Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone explain......

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Like Confucius said, continual buying is a simple "feel good" addiction. Our addictions rule us. I avoid all addictions. Life is full of simple pleasures that don't ravage your body and bank accounts.

Are you people nuts? You don't think a100 dresses or 300 pairs of heels is simply classic OCD! I realize that the American Consumer Culture is based on this very phenomenon, but that sure doesn't make it right or healthy. Look at what our fast food addiction is doing to our American society.

The premise isn't necessarily true for me. Some of my favorite panties, bras and skirts are over 5 years old. It's true that new clothes are the most exciting in most cases. But don't you have a favorite pair of shoes that you bought long ago?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I find that I love all my clothes the same. If I buy something and it doesnt work then I either return it or give it to good will,but I really don't fall in love with one thing and wear it until I buy the next.If it works for you then run with it!

I agree with you completely . I don't need 300 dresses,who has the room?

^.^

There are differences. Right now, I check out dresses to see if there is one that I like, or I will possibly buy some blouses, shirts, skirts, or bras to give me more of a selection and more stuff to be able to wear in between washing the clothes. As I also said on another thread, I also now have some options to buy things that expand what I am doing in my cross-dressing. Since I need a place to keep some of my accessories, I am think a purse is a good next step, amongst some other things.

An addiction is something that would cause a huge distraction if it was not fulfilled. My addiction to caffeine is one such thing. Not buying something for my cross-dressing does not drive me to distraction.

Amy M. Jackson

Banned Read only
    I always want that new pairnof heels

I shouldn't talk, as I just bought two new maxidresses to join the half-dozen already in my closet!

However, it is so much fun to be able to open the closet doors and assemble an outfit for just about any occasion. To do this a variety of clothes is a requirement. I think that it would be odd to buy one outfit and wear it incessantly until the next outfit comes along.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I bought a shirt a year and a half ago which is still my favourite - I just haven't found any which compare. But a lot of the time yeah, when I buy something new it is my favourite thing to wear for a few days. I rarely if ever buy something which immediately ends up in the closet or dresser and doesn't get worn that very night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    The premise isn't necessarily true for me. Some of my favorite panties, bras and skirts are over 5 years old. It's true that new clothes are the most exciting in most cases. But don't you have a favorite pair of shoes that you bought long ago?
    Hi Resse. Well just like the clothes my current favorite pair of shoes my wife gave me that she no longer wanted
    Connie

I find that it it fun to pull out something I haven't worn in a long time. It is almost like buying something new.

Quote Originally Posted by connie johnson View Post

The title was to grab your attention but I really do have a question I have been asking myself for a long time. Why is it that the last thing I bought becomes my favorite thing until I buy something else.
    ...............but I know as soon as I get something else it will go by the wayside. I have a closet full of stuff I hardly wear anymore.
    Connie.
    It's the same thing as when you hear your wife or SO say when you two are going out for Dinner or a Party: "But, I haven't got a THING to wear!", and she has closets full of beautiful clothing (many that she had bought within the last 3 months.

I'm the same way now. I have to buy a new "favorite" pair of panties; blouse or skirt every week.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I hear you! And thrift shops certainly don't help.
    I've acquired everything you listed in the OP.
    The only thing to do now is wear the corset, bra and garter set
    under your maids dress while you do
    the house work.
    Now, get dressed and get busy, Missy!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Always have, and still do, dress for pleasure, and there's always something that grabs my attention that I think will increase the excitement. For many years I took clothes, makeup, shoes, etc. more and more over-the top, as I found that doing so increased the excitement. As I saw other styles I believed that wearing them would kick it up another notch, so I bought a cheongsam, then a maid's outfit, and then a Japanese schoolgirl sailor uniform. I still want a sissy dress, and as usual, more shoes and wigs and other things. I don't lose interest in past purchases just because I have new interests. I wear whatever the mood call for.
    I saw a Lolita dress I gotta have.........the quest for greater pleasures continues.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    The only thing to do now is wear the corset, bra and garter set
    under your maids dress while you do
    the house work.
    Now, get dressed and get busy, Missy!
    Carla. thanks for the suggestion. I believe I will do that this Saturday.
    Connie

Why yes I do this all the time. I just had clear out a bunch of clothes to make room for the new ones. I just think it's fun to keep changing, don't you?? Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!