Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats your current style?

Smile Whats your current style?

As the title says gals, we all have a preferred look that dominates over every other look in our wardrobe or do you go through phases of wearing certain styles like the modern look, business look, classy, rock, gothic etc

Emo / Rock / skater chick look would probably describe my look I do wear a lot of super skinny jeans, denim short shorts with rips and tight tops with all sorts of jingly bits hanging off me it's the style I've adopted for as long as I can remember, I do have quite a mixed bag in terms of what I can choose to wear in my wardrobe from dresses, skirts and all that jazz, but the emo look dominates me
    Last edited by CrossJess; 06-05-2014 at 06:32 PM.

I guess my look is just a woman of ill repute. I can start out just dressing and by the time I finish I have way to much makeup on and end up with my short mini tallest heels thigh highs and a low revealing top with my forms hanging out.

I dunno Jess... bit of a mixed bag and I'd have to defer to the fashionistas here to describe it correctly...

If I was being generous to myself I'd say: middle-aged chic (dream on, Katey...)

Someone being less charitable (and more accurate) might say: pre-owned 90s revivalist

I think now I'd rather not think about it too much...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

As I am getting older, I am searching for my look. I don't want to wear a style that would get me noticed in the wrong way, but I am not ready for the granny look either.

Banned Read only
    Most of the time around the house if I'm busy keeping things right I guess I'm a smart housewife, not tarty ! Strangely if I was caught dressed I would prefer not to be tarty, that's why the maid outfits don't get used as much, I guess these days I relate it to how stupid do I choose to look ! If I get the chance I will slip the denim mini and top on to sit in the sun but I can't see the point of being caught wearing GGs trousers I may as well stay under-dressed !

Eclectic! Whatever strikes my fancy as a desire to try on and wear out. Some of my items and looks do not last long because they do not work out so well, while others are nice to return to on a regular or periodic basis. 60 plus years in guy mode and now I have so many choices and looks that I like on others. It is now my time to experiment and enjoy, even if the look isn't perfect. I am having a lot of fun experimenting.

My style is androgynous rather than overtly feminine, and quite gothic but not in an extreme way. I mostly wear black and I love lace on anything. I get called a goth a lot and I don't mind, but I've never been that comfortable using labels like that on myself, not sure why. I do rock the casual look quite often though, lots of skinny jeans and women's band tees. My makeup on the other hand tends to be pretty OTT XD

Currently I'm a pretty casual gal, but when I do dress up I've been told it's "Corporate Naughty".
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'd say the 80's. The 1880's. The longer and fuller the skirt the better. And big soft useless puffy sleeves. And ruffles. Lots of ruffles. Can I move? yes? Then add another layer

Gwendolyn

My style is conservative/trendy. I'm 36, so I don't want to dress like a teenager, nor a senior citizen. I wear the stylish clothes, my age and size (plus size) range!

Just sexy/sl*tty. Its what I like to look AT so its what I like to look LIKE.

My usual, which is supper sexy, at least I think I dress that way. Without nmy specs I can't see a thing. I do dress younger than my years, which is 66.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Great topic...my style is probably best described as classy elegant. Some of my outfits could definitely work in the business world, some are for nights out and some are a bit more on the casual side...one of these days will have to work from home en femme . As I get better at this I will have to share more pics.

My current style is trying to dress a little closer to my own age, but not all that close. I'm on a long dress kick at the moment. Also find myself in leggings and long tops too. I try to emulate real estate ladies or decorators.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

My current style for Summer includes caftans, loungers, slips and camis and implies "freedom".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I like to think my style could be described as elegant, probably conservative elegance.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

When I can find ones that fit really well, I usually dress pretty starched business, but keep the skirtsuits form fitted, knee length or shorter, and my heels tend to be too high for an office. But having worked in office settings for about 30 years, I saw lots of executive high level business women OCCASIONALLY rocking an expensive skirtsuit, with the skirt short enough to see the control top of their Donna Karen pantyhose when they sat down, dipping their feet in and out of their 5 inch Christian Laboutans. They were hot, not afraid to attract some looks, and wow, I loved it! Everyone kept the conversations and behavior very professional. Those ladies were not shy about looking like attractive women. I loved their look, nice clothes, and very professional, just very close to the edge. I try to go for the nice knockoff brands (= affordable) in-style suits, and maybe splurge on some sexy 4 1/2 inch Steve Madden, Vince Camuto, or Sam Edelman classic pumps. Generally in a conservative, but still sexy black or nude. I just don't have the legs, figure, or skill at doing my hair or makeup well enough to even make it blend well. I think most jerks and maybe the police are more likely to leave us alone if we look professional. I really don't know, just hopeful thinking. The time I was very verbally and almost physically harassed was by a very bored plain clothed mall cop.

What do you all think?
    Sorry for being so wordy.

Linda

Banned Read only
    Mostly casual.

The sexual aspect of CDing started to fade after about 1 month for me. Now it's more of a psychological activity.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Most of the time casual like jeans,casual tops and flats.Sometimes colored capris and a nice print top,sandals.
    I can go all out and do the office look but not very often.
    Super frilly? I tried and I look ridiculous. Tried the my age group (62) looked OK but I felt way too frumpy.
    If I dress up its slacks a nice top and jacket or shrug, heels, accessories and a matching purse.

At my present age, my style is more "old broad" than anything else.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    does comfortable count as a style??...cause thats my favorite. ...with the weather getting warm its more about wearing as little as possible and showing skin. skirts,shorts, tanks,crops etc....my style changes constantly though it keeps things fresh....and its fun....

I try to dress as a classy lady. I can vary from that when I want to have fun but for the most part I think of myself as a lady anyone would be proud to be seen with. When I am entertaining my long time admirer all bets are offs.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm not sure Tina has a preferred style yet. In general she's NOT casual, that's for sure. Even with the occasional jeans she's in heels and makeup for sure!

She certainly dresses to show off her legs, whether in pants, leggings, or dresses.

Hmm, maybe Tina should ask her girlfriend for the answer (my wife). Heck, that's what I do in guy mode!

I started out being curvy and very sexy.

Then I went to sexy and busty,

Now I just want to blend in, nothing to busty or sexy. I want to stay very feminine but a girl next door look.

I am more comfortable being feminine and do not like to get to much attention when I do go out ... not that I have done that to often.

I wonder does that mean anything?
    What do u think?

I like AllieSF's term, "eccentric." I often say "trendy gallery owner" because I wear a combination of quality, conservative clothes with a few sharp edges. Jackie Kennedy with long red nails and a nose ring, if you will.

- Diane