Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would you pick the boy when dressed as the girl...?

would you pick the boy when dressed as the girl...?

So living in a small "city" that's more like a town, I always wonder wether friends, work colleagues, neighbours would recognise me when dressed as Jessica....(left out family cos I haven't got any here...sob sob, out side of wife and children ).....some say yes ...some say no way....of course if I open my mouth I am sunk...very pommy accent... but what if I was just walking by or sat with a group of Trans friends.....The issue is important to me because I guess up to now I have felt safe to mingle in public places , shop, eat at restaurant's, and walk through malls etc as Jess ...OK so people quickly get I am not a genetic girl, but I have always felt they would not recognise the man from the woman.....that was until a girl at the beauty salon today, recognised me straight off....I had not booked an appointment and she had only seen me as a man previously.....hmmmm surprised and a bit disappointed in truth...would you pick me..??? (p.s pic taken at 3.30am in morning so don't be too harsh..!!)

http:/http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif/www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, I would have to say I see Jessica Jane in the bottom one. Don't know who the guy in the top one would be.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Nope, I don't think I see the boy at all in the girl.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

I wouldn't recognize you, but your brows are a dead giveaway that you lean a little to the feminine side. Not ragging you about it. I do the same thing, but they're pretty noticeable.

Hi Rhonda I agree and yes I believe people have noticed, just a gut feel ...lol.....they haven't commented which leads me to suspect that they are not sure they could handle the answer...however I am wearing contacts here where as in my normal boy life I wear glasses that do semi cover it

I don't think I would maybe close up but from the pic no way.

The thing is most people who know you well will recognise you in either mode.

This is only likely to happen at close quarters. Sometimes they will not know you dressed as they are not expecting to see Jessica.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Nope, I only see a girl in that photo! I think you have to remember that hairdressers pay more attention to facial features than most, and can imagine how someone would look with different hair styles. You look great.
    Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    The thing is most people who know you well will recognise you in either mode.
    This. You do present well, but the question is if someone would recognize you.

You can't tell all the similarities by just looking at a small, two dimensional, facial representation online. You also are not smiling in the first pic and are smiling in the second, which makes it difficult to compare.

It's not just the facial features, it is the profile, the shape of your head, neck thickness, shoulder breadth, the way you walk and carry yourself, and dozens of other subtle and not so subtle body signals that are all seen in 3D and at various angles just within the first minute that you're seen by someone.

My SO has also been recognized and I think that she presents well.
    Reine

Lots of resemblances only when the two faces are compared. Would know when they are not side by side. Your eyebrows might have been the giveaway.

Nope i wouldnt recognize you en femme. At best i would say that person looks vaguely familiar. You present well but we can all assume at some point we will get "spotted". I wouldnt lose sleep over getting noticed jessicaJane, you look fine.

There are those with natural ability to recognize facial features. Most are not that blessed. I can not recognize the bloke but do envy the pretty lady.

I see only the female in the second picture, so I would not bat a second glance when I saw you as being female (unless up close and we spoke). However....I a appreciate what you say since I have wondered about the same thing being in a similar situation. In the same town I would be identified (I think) but out of town people are not recognising Dawn and they would only see the Male. This occurred last week when I was out in another town shopping. I was close to, and past a work colleague who did not recognise me at all as Dawn. My confidence, (and yours) should not be set back. I had a makeup consultation so that helped hide my adams apple and my brows were shaped and coloured.
    I guess if you are asking this of the group......I would ask of you "what would be the consequences of Jessica being recognised as the male within?".

Truthfully, since you asked for truthfulness, I can see "you" in the picture of Jessica. More than likely, though, that's because I'm STUDYING and COMPARING both pictures incessantly. You do present very well, though, I must say. As Shelly stated, it would be easier for people who know you already to see "you" in your "enfemme you" presentation.

First let me start by saying that you are very attractive and have a beautiful smile in your female picture. But the problem is, that a picture only presents a part of you. Your voice, mannerisms, motions, how you do things, body language, body silhouette, they also identify who you are. If the guy who lived next to you put on a pink jacket, and all you could see of him was his back, not his face at all, you would still recognize him, because you're so familiar with the shape of his body, and how he carries himself, because you see him every day. Also, most men are taller than most women. So when people see an unusually tall woman, they scrutinize her looks even more because she stands out. Please don't take this as any kind of put down at all. You are beautiful. But the people who know you best will put the whole picture together.

Hugs,
    Staci

Oh come on. If she's already seen you as a man, all she needs to see through is the make up and the clothes; your facial features and innate behavior haven't changed. Then again, how may mtf clients do you think they have? It's not like she has to pick you out, out of the hundreds of mtf crossdressers that are passing through. Don't succumb to the pink fog and think that she's that nearsighted and is going to mistake you for one of the women customers. Whenever we meet someone, there's always a little 'where have I seen this before' going on. From there, it's simply a matter of matching the time and place.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I've long been of the opinion that your own mama wouldn't pick you dressed up. My wife recently saw Michelle after a very long layoff and after inspection said she wouldn't pick me on the street other than I still had my smile which she considers distinctive.

Given that, it's only a matter of time before nearly all of us get picked as CD's. And, it sounds like you have some distinctive tells that give away your boy self (e.g., voice/accent). So, tread lightly young lady. Hugs, Michelle

PS - here's another thread on the topic. Lots of interesting perspectives

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-up&highlight=
    Last edited by michelleddg; 06-07-2014 at 08:07 AM. Reason: added more good stuff

After having more and more urges I finally gave in asking a man if he would want to have a drink. We had a good time, he has called several more times and we even went out on full dates going to a movie, and dinner.
    I may not be a super model, but it feels so good.

JessicaJane,

All I see is a guy who is kinda glum and a girl whose inner self is smiling through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

It would be your eyebrows I would recognise because yours stick out a mile, it's unusual for a man to have plucked eye brows that thin so when people see you in man mode especially a women, crossdressers or gay guys that would be the first thing we will notice and then it's logged so when we see you again but maybe looking different but yet see those eyebrows again our brains go into suspect mode like when a computer is trying to match a set of finger prints crawling through thousands until we get a match...woman are a lot quicker at this, as for every day non crossdressing men on the other hand well they couldn't care less and wouldn't recognise you at all.... as far as there concerned your a gal...

Just for the record though you look good in fem mode sweetie quite a transformation

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    A beauty salon: they are trained to look at some of the specific differences we work so hard to change as we change gender that I don't think you, or anyone, would stand much of a chance keeping your gender identities separate in that environment. In a mall there is no context and the chances of recognitionare much lower.

As they say, you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

In my experience, people have different levels of facial recognition capability. I have very poor facial recognition capability. But rhere was one guy who may have seen me for a few minutes in 1977, who recognized me when we met again under totally different circumstances in 1987.

So yes, some people will see right through you, but I wouldn't. It's a reisk you have to take.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I see two different people.

Based on the two pictures I'd would not be able to pick the boy when your are dressed as the girl. My wife and I were at another CD'ers home and she had mug shots of him above the fireplace hearth. I had never met him. Based on the pictures and my interactions with her, it would have been difficult to recognize them as the same person. I did meet him on subsequent outings and would not now have a problem recognizing the two of them as the same person. But this is different than the casual blending I think you are referring to in your post.

But as others have said, it may be the eye brows or possibly your eye color are a give away. If you are out and about a lot and you feel you blend, then most of your friends, colleagues, and neighbors probably will not recognize you in a casual passing, (walk by/shopping, eating at a restaurant, etc.) Casual blending and passing are two different scenarios.

Blending is a lot different than actively engaging the other person and the odds of being recognized go up when engaging, but not always to 100%. I know a gal, who met up with a group of other gals at a bar every Friday night for several years. She was a regular. She and the staff knew each other well and by name. One day she showed up at the bar in male mode and called out the staff members by name. None of the staff recognized her as him. Because she knew all of them, they felt that they should know him. They did not make the connection.

In your post you did not provide details about the encounter with the girl at the salon. Did you walk in and walk out or walk-in and talk, ask for product, have an appointment? Anyway, I think she is different than others in that she is trained to see facial features in ways that others don't think about them. This is similar to how a dentist can identify a body from an x-ray without actually having the entire body.

i see a guy who does who looks sad, and then i see a very pretty and very happy girl!
    paula