Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celebrate that secret!!!

I too am a closet dweller. I never know when I will get the chance to be me. So I don't do the count down to D day thing. I do spend allot of my off time planning the outfit for the "next time". Sometimes I know when a day in advance, sometimes its "oh cool, the house is empty, I have X hours to have fun"

When that time comes, its so refreshing!

I think you capture the mood very well. I'm sitting here imagining the next time for me.

OMG Katey, you can read my mind! I've been planning for tomorrow. I just hope nothing happens to cancel my plans.
    Donna

Hell-o Katey, Wow, you really have quite a program going.
    I can see looking ahead and knowing that I'll have this day or that available to me.
    All that prep work though, It has to be very disappointing when your plans get changed.
    You know me, keeping in shape is nearly a full time experience, tortilla chips, yumm!
    1 or 2, OK maybe 5-6 are enough. And wine, well never out of stock, check any closet in the house.
    All the other, prep, brows are done constantly, nails rarely if ever, besides their always trashed from work.
    Dressing will last long into the next morning, before the make-up is wiped away.

So what is this about my Uncle? Kidding! Damn, That doesn't make me old does it?
    Closet Queen Huggs to us all!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

hello katey,
    you do know i celebrate the secret, but your prep time is exhausting, when i wake in the morning if the weather permits or no tasks need to be done i jump in and get my CD on, nail varnish not so important to me, just lazy about it perhaps, and instant secretary mode in front of the computer taking care of interweb things for that day, a day of transformation at a professional location and a get together at a group event are on my wish list but the kloset has served me well with this, i get to share with everyone here....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

This seems to be a more topical issue than the perennial "Why?", well maybe it's just a passing phase .. sort of like my 54 years of CD'ing. I'm with you Katie, for whatever reason some of us will probably always dress within the confines we freely accept.
    Just one point I prefer to call it 'Closette', sounds more French, you know?

Closetted Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

When I was completely closeted, it was only weekends and then party, party.

It all ended at six o'clock Sunday nights.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Been there, done that. Mostly when I was single and just clothes. I'd sometimes get a hotel room in another city. But now, since I've come out with my girlfriend, I look forward to sharing it with her. She's so incredible. Weekends are cool because we both enjoy just holing up in our home with each other.

Katey- Great reading your details and what you go through. I do alot of the same planning in my mind, but maybe not so far out. My wife doesn't know I dress and I have no immediate plans to tell her, so everything is kept on the hush hush. If I am know I am gonna dress, I'll usually not shave for a day or two prior so I can get a close shave when I do shave the morning of.

A few days before I am gonna dress I'll start thinking about clothes I wanna wear and probably chnage my mind several times over the next few days about exactly what I wnat to wear. I'll also think about my makeup, the look I want etc. I'll even watch a few Youtube video's to amybe see if there is something I can try that is new to me and not too hard to do.

Day of (Day Zero) I try and wake up as early as possible, shower and shave, in some cases even before my wife leaves. As soon as she is out the door, I am retrieving my stuff and on goes my make up and I am starting to get dressed, usually by 8:45 or 9Am. I'll stay dressed till about 3:15-30. She leaves work at 4:15 and is home by 5, so that gives me enough time to get undressed, remove my makeup, shower, make sure my face is clean and do a final check through that I didn't accidently leave something out in the open. I have been known to leave an errant Q-tip out I used to fix my eyeliner etc.

The planning and anticipation are fun, but actually doing it is sooooo much better

Amy

Wow, this sounds so familiar. Nice to know that the closet is large enough fo more than just a few of us. Rarely do I get just a day but i will on occasion get several days in a row and in addition to dressing, i add the element of shopping so I have smething new to wear. So my prep involves scoping out the next item in the internet, which stores and squirreling away some cash for the purchase. Every time, i add just a little more to the package. Still have a long way to go but it is always exciting. Then back to drab for a long stretch until next time.
    Last edited by Lacey New; 06-13-2014 at 04:42 AM.

Pretty much sums it up for me almost perfectly. Giving self hug right now.

Never saw the show but got the reference to U.N.C.L.E.

I was a very good clandestine dresser. I attended to every detail, like 1) making sure I accounted for all 10 fake nails 2) accounting for all 10 adhesive nail tab backings 3) removing all traces of makeup 4) nothing incriminating in the trash can 5) no blonde hairs in the vacuum cleaner......oh, the pressure.
    I outsmarted everone and everything, except that windstorm. A garbage can blew over and when my wife picked up the mess she discovered a pantyhose package that wasn't her size. Busted, then divorced.
    I'm still in the closet, except that my current wife knows and accepts. I'm still careful to not let others find out, but I'm no longer so obsessed with details as before. Despite my best efforts, I got caught anyway.
    For me, crossdressing is a very personal and private matter. I have no need to share it with those who know me.

A happy closeted crossdresser? I remember the time here when to even suggest the possibility that one could be happy in the closet would bring the ‘we must all go out’ brigade down on our heads like the wrath of doom!

I used to love the heated arguments and cat fights over this. Have we all gone soft here?

Suzy, happy in here closet.