Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Ever Have Dry Spells?

Banned Read only

Do You Ever Have Dry Spells?

Do you ever have times where you just don't want to CD. Where the urge to do it is gone and you wouldn't do it even if you had the chance?

I don't mean permanently, I mean a dry spell.

yes....I have so little time to myself to be able to dress, and having to hide everything. I sometimes feel its not worth it. Then after going on for a while not dressing , I realize how much a part of me it is and how much I miss it.

Yes, I do. Sometimes, its like blah, and I don't feel like going through what it takes to get all dolled up. Sometimes I just want to wear my slacks and polo and call it a day. I can't explain why this happens, but it does. However, when the fog shows up again, WATCH OUT!!
    Last edited by Farrah; 06-08-2014 at 06:42 PM.

I do occasionally because im busy too however i have incredible urges of feeling femenine.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    There is definitely a waxing and waning, for me mostly linked to external influences. When work over stresses me, 14 hour days, every thing top priority, critical senior management and me overly grumpy Donna takes a holiday...

The happier I am, the more she comes to the fore...
    Call me Donna, please

Lol i got no choice, all my clothes are girls stuff its either that or naked but last i checked there were laws about going out in the nude lol but i never get board of dressing like a girl there are times where i get fed up with what i own i have more clothes than a woman has yet i never find something i want to put on....my sad mood days i like to call it and my colour matching skills and common sense go out the window resulting in me turning into a little madam lol my bf laughs at me which doesnt help hehe
    Last edited by CrossJess; 06-08-2014 at 04:01 AM.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    No, I don't have "dry spells". I have 2 or 3 weekly activities that I participate in dressed. The rest of my week is in boy mode which is just fine with me. I no longer have that crazy compulsion to dress caused by a real or imagined restriction on my dress up time. Happily I'm my own man, and woman too! I've been here long enough to know to avoid all forms of OCD destructive behaviors. Life gets so much easier when it's balanced.

Yes, I'm in one now. It's been a couple of weeks and things have just been too busy. I'll see about this afternoon though.

Have done in the past...

The only thing that really suppressed the urge was overwhelming exhaustion brought on by life and all that entails... literally when there was zero energy to be spared... but the urge was still there, it's never really gone completely...

I'd still be thinking about the way women dressed (for both reasons...) even if there was no opportunity to emulate them...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'm just about emerging from my longest dry spell as you say, several months worth in fact. I'm on long term steroids, coming down big style now and I swear that is what affected my desire to dress and my libido. Things are definitely on the up and I'm actively losing weight and feeling alive again. I have been dressing down from full girl mode until I feel I look totally presentable...I know I know, I'm vain but that's life. I'm planning to hit my local group in July and looking at a night out to London's Wayout Club very shortly. My middle son has stated he would come with me if it helps, however, I really want my wife to come as she loves the dance floor, as do I.

Rebecca
    Last edited by reb.femme; 06-08-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

When i am really in turmoil, and heavy crises financially broke, family of origin troubles, and religious turmoil, I tend ot not dress. I tend to dress, when pink fog hits, and i am feeling happier.

Banned Read only
    Yes just back from almost two years completely away.

No it has never happened to me. I never miss an opportunity to dress because the desire is always there and I know how wonderful I will feel.

God(dess) of Mischief Brea Lynn's Avatar
    I'm going through a semi-dry spell myself, work being overly taxing (interesting that that's a common thing for the waning, huh?). I say "semi" simply because I'll still dress occasionally, but it's very minimalistic; lounge-wear and no makeup.

If I am in a period of low stress, like maybe vacation, I have a dry spell. In normal life it is stress reflief so it happens more often.

Edy

Platinum Member
    Hi Whisper My dry spells usually last about 12:hrs.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Usually a period sometimes during the year I stop caring about dressing. Like many other girls I have some dressed activities and I buy a new top and after a week or 2 I'm back dressing every chance I get.
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Junior Member Rebecca Cross Bracer's Avatar
    Yes. Like others I experience dry spells, and am currently in a long one. I had a move coming up w/ my roommate. She was out of town for the weekend so I went all out. After that I purged all of my things as I was worried about unpacking boxes. This was in mid-February and I haven't dressed or really had the desire to since. I know I will want to again, and I know I will again, I just haven't wanted to for a few months now.

Probably during the times when I had a girlfriend/wife who I felt loved me. I don't know whether it was because I could successfully suppress the desires subconsciously, or whether being in love, and feeling loved, was what I really wanted and the crossdressing was just a reaction to not feeling loved.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not me. The urge is constant. No dry desert here, more like Niagara Falls.

Yes, sort of I guess. I always have the desire, but sometimes it is further in the back of mind and can take a back seat to everything else. Usually it is also when I feel the most lazy.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhisperTV View Post
    Do you ever have times where you just don't want to CD. Where the urge to do it is gone and you wouldn't do it even if you had the chance?.
    And the problem here is..?!?

Maybe my H will have one soon. A girl's gotta dream

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    I don't really have any "dry spells". I just don't have much time on my weird and wacky work schedule. I have 2 nights/days on, then 2 off, then 3 on, then 2 off, then 2 on, then 3 off, then it repeats. Hopefully, after I switch back to day shift (end of the month), I will have more time to dress up!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    my dry spells are out of my control...i dont cause them...life does..which is why I try to have as little responsobilty in life that I can....no wife..no kids...that kinda thing..it is very freeing...however life will occasionally get in the way. It could be I need to watch my ederly grandfather, or my sisters 3 boys....its just life....but i welcome it...cause 90% of the time..i have the freedom to do whatever I want..and not have to seek somebody elses approval..or get an ok...
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 06-09-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I don't really have "dry spells" anymore, for two reasons. First, there are a number of events that go on each month (group meetings, cabaret shows, Majestic Hearts events, etc.) where Amy needs to be present. Second, I find that I start getting cranky if I go without being Amy for too long.

(If nothing else, at least once, I've had to wash all my pants on a particular weekend, and just said "Well, am I a crossdresser or not?" and put on a dress. )

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016