Thread: Wow, what a day!

Wow, what a day!

Well ladies, I did it! I met up with three other CD girls today at the Art Museum in Minneapolis! I almost didn't go but I'm SO glad I did. I had to work overnight last night and got off at 7 am, so I only had about 4 hours of sleep which made it tough for me to want to go, but I forced myself out of bed to get ready. The stars really aligned today because my parents are out of town on vacation so my brother (who I live with) went to their house to basically house sit, so I was able to put my make up on and get dressed at home as opposed to trying to find some place private to do so. Then I made what should have only been the 1 hour trip to Minneapolis, but the storm caused a few stoplights to lose power causing slooooooow traffic, then after those I had the worst luck and hit every red light from there to the museum! So by the time I was there I was frustrated and pretty nervous, but I told myself that I drove all that way, there was no way in hell I was going to turn around without giving it a shot. So anyway, I met up with Hannah at the entrance and we then met the other two already inside. It was really great because all three of those gals were so nice and welcoming that it quickly eased my concerns. It also helps that I'm a total art geek so I was getting lost in the art and not paying attention to all the people there. Then on the way home, I had to use the restroom so I went in to a gas station to do so, I'm sure you're wondering "why is she telling us that??" lol. Well, I'm bringing that up because I could have held it til I got home, but I decided to be courageous and go inside a different public place. I'm very much looking forward to my next adventure, I'm still pretty nervous about going out but I've definitely taken a couple steps forward today! Thanks for reading!

xoxo Stacy

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stacy . . . CONGRATS. It is always great to get out and even better to share that experience with others. I find having others around makes things a bit more comfortable. Here is to more Stacy days out.

Hugs

Isha

Congrats Stacy! The world is all yours, now you can explore it!
    Donna

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    What a great day, Stacy! Any pics?

Stacy,
    Meeting others for the first time is exhilarating.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Great outing well done

Nice outing Stacy, well done on your first meeting!

And so nice of others to be supportive of you and to literally be there for you... that's great to hear...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Good for you, Stacy!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Stacy, I'm sure that this will not be your last outing.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!