Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public Reactions+ Excitement...........

Public Reactions+ Excitement...........

Do you like going out in public dressed in fem. knowing you do not "Pass", for one reason or another, just to catch the reactions of others?????......

Gone to live my life
    Hi Paula. When I go out in public I naturally assume I don't pass because I don't. However there is no excitement for me to "catch" the reactions of others as some can be congenial while others can be rude, hate filled or just plain nasty. For me the thrill is about just being out dressed as I choose. The rest is the baggage of others.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Not at all. I'm not seeking to shock or disturb. I just want to go about my business.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Paula, I really don't want to go out looking like a dude in a dress.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sometimes those reactions include compliments and questions about where i got something, and those continue to motivate me. Do I go out to shock and disturb? No, I don't go into Baptist churches wearing black miniskirts, fishnet hose, and stiletto heels.

When i go out in public my cloths,make up,and actions are focused on blending as best i can. I am not a fan of shocking or disturbing people.

Haven't been out in public too worried that I won't pass. Although my ex says I look good in a dress without shaving my legs or wearing make up. Hhmmm imagine what she would say if I put some effort in.

Yes I have. It's exciting. But I don't intentionally go out looking like a "dude in a dress", but rather an over-the-top obvious CDer. Commonly heard here on the forum is "just be who you are". Well, that's who I am.

Paula,
    I dress to at least blend and having passed years ago I still prefer to keep the act good.

No, I do not wish th catch reactions of others by being half hearted in my approach.

If you find excitement living on the edge, so be it.
    There is a different reaction and perception amongst younger ones these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

No, not at all. I'm not out in public to put on a show and get reactions.
    I feel I pass some of the time reasonably well, and when I don't ... well then They just have to accept that fact, not me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm not interested in provoking reactions, but I'm always hoping for positive interaction. And yes, I actually want people to know that I am a gender-bender rather than passing as a gg -- not that the latter is likely in my case.

Banned Read only
    Sounds like one of those beer or Dorito commercials where the guy has hairy arms and a beard.

Not at all, blending is my choice and having an eventless outing is O.K. by me. Of course there will be comments and leers but I have my own agenda to attend to.

I don't mind it when I go out dressed if others take a second look and notice and smile it is a little exciting -
    I try to look appropriate and blend..............Debra

Its funny how we always think everyone is looking at us when we are dressed in stuff we would not normally wear in public truth is people are to wrapped up in thier own lives to give two hoots on what your wearing.

In the summer time i go out when its really hot like down the seaside wearing over knee socks, bright pink wedge shoes, denim short shorts and a crop top t shirt and my hair tied up with a hawaiian hair bow but im still presenting as a guy and as i walk holding hands with my bf no body gives a crap lol, ok i may get the odd quick glance but thats about it, i do wonder if its being gay thats allowing me to dress like a girl and not get odd looks and it maybe more widely excepted for a gay guy to dress fem who knows, lol oh i did have a woman come up to me last year and said i looked adorable in what i was wearing lol which was really kind because she was looking at me to begin with with a face as to say "what the hell are you wearing hehe".
    Last edited by CrossJess; 06-15-2014 at 03:43 PM.

I dont go out in everyday society much, usually just to clubs but when I'm out people do often do a double take, then a lot of times just kind of smile. I kind of like the attention I guess and definitely don't blame them. After all it's just not everyday you run into a crossdresser or trans person. Even at lgbt events people often stare, because we're a minority even there.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea its fun....as long as you have a good time...i love reactions...positive or negative...but honestly there hasnt been a negative...knock on wood. I think in NY its a bit more common so its not really that big of a deal. Especially in the nightlife scene.

I've never actually gone out in public while dressed up, and i wouldn't, unless i was absolutely certain that i would be able to pass. if i ever did, i don't want to look like a dude wearing makeup, i want to actually look like a girl. the town i live in doesn't take too kindly to crossdressers. I'm not sure i could handle negative reactions if i ever did. I really want to be able to be passable, and maybe even good looking (although let's be honest, that probably wouldn't happen) so that maybe someday i would be able to go out in public. if i did, and COULD pass, i think it would be the most amazing feeling ever.

Earlier today I was talking to a nice young new neighbor who presents as a guy in a dress. He went to go walking on Fremont Street, just being himself, and had several people ask to take pictures with him. We agreed that its funny but sad that people make such big a deal over CDers.

Halloween or a club night, sometimes. Otherwise no.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I try to blend in as best I can.

Like most of the others, I want to go out and be the femme me. I do not want to shock or create any fuss. I want to blend in , but still be me. I only recently went out (for my first time) with another Trans Girl for a day in a nearby small city. And my first expierience way using the pay machine in a car park, a guy comes up and uses the one adjacent the one i was using and even though he had to look straight at me he didn't take any notice at all. Then I had to walk a 1/4 mile to the rondevous point where I agreed to meet the other girl and had to walk along a pavement about 3feet wide between some guys chatting who were decorating a shop and their van, they didn't even notice me. All day we passed all sorts of people, including some teenagers on skateboards in a local park, we ate in 2 busy coffee shops and in the evening a resteraunt, and no looks or comments. The only instances were when i had to answer my phone in the cathederal (got a glance from an american tourist) and when I commented loudly on something when a woman was walking by outside (and she only turned and looked as she walked away). Had chats with SA's and tour guides all curteous and pleasant. In all a brilliant day and just what I had hoped.
    Be truthful to yourself.

I think if we "pass" or not is usually a matter of opinion. I go out en femme because I enjoy it and don't really care what anyone else thinks.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I;m sure that I almost never pass. I just go about my daily business not what people think. But if I do hear a mean comment I get a "bad feeling" in the pit of my stomach. I guess that I do care, nut to me its more the hate that I deel. I harm noone and try not to attract attention. But I guess that I attract some as I usually dress younger than my 66 years.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Personally, I make every effort to look my best, because, as CDs and most women know, you will also feel great too. My hope is that is what people are reacting to - one woman smiling and making a compliment makes the whole effort worthwhile. I do not intentionally seek to shock people, but I guess I look pretty good most of the time because people often do double-takes when I open my mouth!

I think I shocked a new SA at Talbots the other day when I told here the stuff I was buying ( en drab) was for me. Her whole bearing and attitude changed. Oh well, big city clothing shop, she's probably meet others.

Best,
    SS / Ms. Wedge