Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brought back to reality

I only shave my legs in the summer. In Texas thats over half the year. Not much reason to shave them duing the cool weather when I have them covered up. Sun screen is essential and it goes on much easier with smooth legs so that is my ready excuse if I'm ever asked.

Well toe nails aren't painted anymore. For now I've decided to continue to shave. Mostly from the overwhelming response I got here.
    Hopefully it necer becomes an issue or something I have to explain.

Thanks everybody.

Jackie
    Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change a your life.

Facebook Page

Platinum Member
    Hi Jackie, Men with clean shaven legs is now becoming the new normal.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Jackie I have had all of my hair removed with laser over the past two years and prior to that shaved everything for 3 years. The only one to ever ask me if I shaved my legs was my oldest son. We were out on the boat and I had short bathing trunks and a T shirt on and he asked me what happened to all my hair. I told him I did not like it and had it removed. He looked at me with a questioning look and said OK and that was it. I wear shorts all the time and even at a family reunion with 60 family members no one has ever said a thing. I no longer need to shave anything and I love it. I also wear a nude nail polish/shellack on my finger nails all the time and I have never had a negative comment from anyone. I have had many positive comments from women and some who are jealous of my nails. Just go for it. If you own it and don't try to hide it like something is wrong no one will notice or even care.
    Michelle

My dad has had almost no hair on his legs for almost twenty years. No shaving, just lost the hair about the time he retired. Go for it.

Have kept my legs shaved since . . . Well, a very long time. People know I cycle and I just assume they assume that's why. Never been an issue other than once, a smart ash girl commented, "you shave your legs?!" I replied, "yes, you should try it sometime, Sasquatch."

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Oh yeah, guys do that all the time. Why, you can see it practically nowhere at all. Suddenly deciding to shave your legs because of the heat. Right. Of course. Doesn't everyone? Oh yeah; they don't. So, sure, you can shave your legs. Don't think it will go unnoticed, though, or that people won't find it a little odd, and wonder why, because neither of the above excuses will be considered a reasonable response by most of the western world.
    I'm glad a few of you gals touched on this one...i saw it this morning, but diidnt have the energy to respond....I still cant really touch it....its too easy.

Sometimes when asked about shaved legs/nail polish/leftover makeup I respond with "I lost a bet."

Aspiring Member
    All I get from this thread is that someone important gives a special gift and all a crossdresser can think about is the inconvenience

That's not true Tinker bell. I didn't mind removing the polish for him at all. He means the world to me and I'd do anything for him. I was just glad he didn't ask me to try them on right then. The polish is now gone and I wore the sandals for him.

I know being a crossdresser can be a very selfish thing at times but I always try to put my family ahead of dressing.

Jackie
    Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change a your life.

Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell-GG View Post
    All I get from this thread is that someone important gives a special gift and all a crossdresser can think about is the inconvenience
    Oh, hush, Debbie Downer; no one has any idea how Jackie reacted to his grandson. For all we know he could've danced a jig and proclaimed they were the grandest sandals in all the land and he would save them only for the most special occasion. That wasn't relevant to the story.

What WAS relevant (on a cross dressers' website) was the bit about how crossdressing affected the moment.

Please be cautious when claiming to know what others are thinking.

In my humble opinion as a newby here, Tinkerbell-GG I think your brief post is the one that truly brings us back to reality. By that I mean the reality of who we are and where we want to truly go in life and how we want to present ourselves while on our journey. Sometimes life is inconvenient per se. Not everything is within our control. It happens that way. But there is always room to thank someone for a kindness and I would like to think that happened in the real life of the persons concerned.

I have shaved for years and got in to the habit of having my trunk waxed by a nice lady who had no problem at all when I walked in off the street one day with my busty bra and tight sheer fem top, otherwise presenting as a man in trousers, shoes and thinning hair, and asked her if she waxed men.

I have always been an advocate to present oneself to the world as we want to be presented. My shaved body and legs looked good on the New Zealand beaches and never drew any comments and I never lost any friends when I suddenly went from hairy to smooth as an adult.

To quote a shoe salesman from somewhere - "just do it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell-GG View Post

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaclyn View Post
    That's not true Tinker bell. I didn't mind removing the polish for him at all. He means the world to me and I'd do anything for him. I was just glad he didn't ask me to try them on right then. The polish is now gone and I wore the sandals for him.

I know being a crossdresser can be a very selfish thing at times but I always try to put my family ahead of dressing.

Jackie

Thanks for explaining this, Jackie, and sorry if I ruined your thread. It can be hard being on the other side of all this and wondering if we, the spouse/family, are as important as crossdressing. It's been one of my biggest issues in my marriage, so I guess I wanted to point this out.

I'll let you get back to your question now For the record, the men in my family are hairless and until I knew of my H, I never noticed who had leg hair and who didn't, and I'm fairly observant! Now everyone else in the world is allowed to shave, but my H. Yep, There's no logic in some of our GG actions either, lol.

Edit: And thanks, Hermana. Welcome to the forum
    Last edited by Tinkerbell-GG; 06-17-2014 at 04:16 AM.

I'll try not to go all Buddhist Monk on ya, Tink; but it seems like there's some anxiety behind your posts (and rightfully so - CDing is "abnormal" and you're trying to intertwine it into your existence. I get it.) Based on words you've chosen, I'm guessing some of the anxiety has to do with linear thinking.

Here's where I go all Zen, so bear with me. Linear thinking is a Western thing. We like to measure and to rank and to order. We start really early, too (by age 5 Western kids know their favorite color, food, day of the week, hero, etc.) Much of our life is based on this idea. So when your hubs spilled the CD beans, a natural reaction would be, what does that do to my ranking?

You just got through asking that question, actually. "... Wondering if we, the spouse/family, are as important as crossdressing."

What would happen if you cast aside the idea of ranking them?

Can you rank air above water? Both are required. Can you rank sunshine above the seas?

If you have a child, don't you love that child with everything? But If you have a second child, do you cut your love for the first child in half so you'll have enough for both?

Cannot love multiply endlessly?

You and crossdressing cannot be ranked anymore than the minerals in the earth that give plants life, and the grasses that grow, dry, get plucked and woven by a mother bird into a nest to cradle her eggs. Any relationship is tangential at best and ought to be ignored because it's a circular path and walking it expends energy for no progress.

Peace!

seductively seductive Cassandra86's Avatar
    I say just do whatever your comfortable with. If you aren't comfortable shaving your legs because people may notice and say something and you don't have a good excuse then don't shave them. Personally I think you will be ok and nobody will think twice about it. I shave my legs, arms and chest a couple times a week year around. Not because im a crossdresser but because I just don't like hair in those areas. It's so common these days that people hardly notice. I did get into a conversion with a girl at the bar once about who had smoother arms and legs abd when mine were smoother she just smiled and said she liked it and wondered what else was smooth on me lol Guys don't really notice and if they do they never say anything. It's funny cus I always see these posts on here about shaving, ears pierced, stuff like that and everyone freaking out when in reality these small things we freak out about the average everyday person doesn't even notice. I mean I have had my male friends over well I was watching rapauls drag race all they did was ask why you watching this. I said cus it's funny and I like it. They shrugged said cool and changed the subject. Anyways I know everyone's situation is different but I think sometimes it's ok not to worry about the little things because in reality nobody else really cares or will judge u like u think they will :-)
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genuine and its better to be absolutely ridiculous then absolutely boring...Marilyn Monroe

Tina and Cassandra, I agree with both of your sentiments.

I haven't mentioned on here yet that I had my ears pierced in the 1980s at the behest of my then wife. I was a late starter to feminine dressing. All I can say is, I think I have at least partly an inner philosphy like Tina and a sense of pragmatism like Cassandra ("I say just do whatever your comfortable with"), for a combination of those attributes has got me by in this world pretty well so far. My permanent earrings were no barrier to interacting with anybody, for that was never the subject of conversation nor the reason any of us met for fun and relaxation.

I think that shoe salesman caught on to a winner with "just do it"

And Tinkerbell, thanks for the welcome. It's good to be here.

Love

I have no hair on my arms or legs; so I'm lucky. I've always worn shorts and short sleeved shirts, even in the winter. I have never been questioned or sensed that anyone noticed at all. For me, it's always been my normal. Maybe that's why no one notices, because they're subconsciously taking my lead. If a person is hairy, I just don't understand what the big deal is to shaving. I really don't get when people object to that. We're so culturally programmed to think some things are acceptable and others are taboo. How can shaving hairs off one's body be threatening? If my wife wanted to grow a beard and get all hairy (provided she was able to), I'd be all for it! It's her body and I want her to be happy. There are real problems in the world, and I just don't see this as one of them. Well, maybe this is an example of lack of love and understanding, so it is what's wrong in the world.