Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you consider yourself to fall under the term "male lesbian"?

Would you consider yourself to fall under the term "male lesbian"?

I've run across this term (or a variant of it) a number times over the years, and it seems to me to be an apt description for myself, or at least many of the aspects of it. I know that labels can be misleading, so I'm not saying this is a catch-all for anyone, but rather an expansion of how one sees themselves.

I get a large percentage (80~90%) of agreement whenever I mention this term to CD acquaintances of mine, so it seems to me that either this is a largely overlooked phenomenon with CDs in general, or that I seem to associate more with people who just happen to think of themselves as fitting the description to a large degree.

What aspects of the term might you agree or align with?

Kristeph,
    Too much deep thinking here for me to even consider it.
    I don't know what box I would be put in to, but I think a pine box about six feet long is waiting for me somewhere.
    I am not ready to occupy that either yet.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm not sure how lesbians might react to that!

Silver Member
    "A lesbian is a female homosexual; a female who experiences romantic love or sexual attraction to other females. The term lesbian is also used with regard to sexual identity or sexual behavior, or as an adjective to characterize or associate nouns with female homosexuality or same-sex attraction." Wikipedia definition.

Since MTF crossdressers are not females the term is inaccurate and gimmicky. But if you are a male crossdresser and are attracted to females (i.e. - heterosexual), it may appear that your behavior is consistent with a female who is lesbian.

Personally, I don't like the term "male lesbian" because it seems gimmicky and also because it feels a bit offensive and condescending to women who are lesbian.

I think this is why many people define gender as a multidimensional space. There is your self image, the people you are attracted to, the way you choose to present, the people to choose to have sex with, etc. In my best world I would present as female but continue to be romantically involved with one female in particular (my wife of 39 years)

Banned Read only
    Krististeph,
    I'm not going to get hung up on labels, but earlier on in my CDing and trying to work it out I wondered how far on the female side was I ? and because I was still attracted to GGs did it make me a male lesbian ? I know my therapist pooh poohed it and perhaps it is the wrong label but I still think there's something in it. We have a few crossed wires so in our brains we can imagine and think that we can slot into so many categories!
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-16-2014 at 10:20 AM.

No not male lesbian, didn't even realize there was such a thing, the fact I like guys would rule me out of "lesbian" then again it depends on what "you" mean by your question? if what I'm thinking is correct then I can see where your coming from though.....Mind you I don't know what that would make me "Male Gay"?? lol
    Last edited by CrossJess; 06-16-2014 at 10:18 AM.

wouldn't that just be a hetero crossdresser? unless you are transitioning...... really depends on how you define hetero/homo sexuality. I am female at home, male in the "real world", and hetero sexual....... So if i were to find a woman that would accept my feminine self in bed, I guess male lesbian would fit in that situation.

Platinum Member
    personally I think its rather silly. If I were to undergo SRS and continue to be attracted to women, then I would consider myself Lesbian. Until them, I'm a heterosexual.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I mostly feel like a woman in a male body (I want to look like a woman) I want to experience things as a woman..

the twist on it is I'm only attracted to women...I want to be her and or be with her..

the face and mind are to two things I look for first and second, after that comes the way it all fits together..
    some women can really get under my skin..
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

never ever ever. It is disrespectful to lesbian women. You are not a lesbian, you are a male who likes women. If you are post OP TS, you are a lesbian without the modifier of male. I hate this term. they parts are mutually exclusive
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    I am a heterosexual cross-dresser.

It's that simple and there is no need to confuse the issue, or redefine "lesbian".

All I know is I like women, enough to want to be like them. But I also am attracted to them. Whatever that means.

AnneC comments are similar to my belief. I love woman and try to dress like one. I like womans clothing jewelry makeup heels stockings etc. I am still a normal hetero male so I do not believe I am a male lesbian.

Why can't we all just be ourselves? I think sometimes we think too much instead of just being who we are.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If you want to call yourself or someone else wants to call themselves (xieselves, whatever) a lesbian I think that's fine. But the term presupposes that you identify as a woman. If you do not identify as a woman the term is an appropriation. This is a problem with gender variant and gender fluid people who may, depending on the day, their mood, the time of year?, really fully identify as women and then, puzzlingly, as male. So I am going to say that if, at the moment you define yourself as a lesbian, you really do feel you are a woman the identification is not appropriation. You are, at that moment, a lesbian. But, be warned, when you feel like a man and a dfab (defined at birth) woman who is a lesbian calls you on it, you better be able to raise up that woman pretty damn fast.

Sorry, male lesbian is BS, see definitions already cited.

Note: Being a woman does not require female genitalia, being a man does not require male. Being a gay male homosexual does not require having a penis, being a lesbian does not require a vagina. Primary sexual characteristics are not gender and may not even be hard and fast rules for sex identification, which many transgender, agender, and intersected people will happily explain.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I also don't understand this term. As a noncrossdressing male, one could be heterosexual or gay (leaving bisexual out as it would be applicable in all cases). As a mtf transsexual (living as a woman) heterosexual or lesbian logically applies. The obverse would be the case for ftm transexuals.

For the rest of us who fall into the situation where we live in both genders, we are heterosexual, but would appear to be lesbian if we acted as such while dressed. Linking the word male with the word lesbian just can't work.

Many of us as mtf are still attracted to women, a nd that's probably the easiest way to say it.

I really dislike the term "male lesbian."
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Wouldn't this be like having a bovine parrot or a feline lizard?

I think it's all been said before my pennethworth...

The only aspect of the term I agree and align with is 'male'...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Stevens View Post
    If I ever had SRS I'd wind up being labeled a lesbian, I just love ladies too much! But labels just box you in.
    If you were TS then you still wouldn't be a male lesbain as TS's are not males.

How can a male be a lesbian when lesbian is a female homosexual...
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I think that "male" refers to natal assigned sex, so a person could identify as male lesbian only if the person also self identified as transwoman (at whatever stage of transition). Otherwise the term male lesbian does not make any sense. I don't identify as male lesbian because my gender identity is as a man even though I like to wear women's clothes.

There are a lot of descriptions that literally 'do not make any sense' if you break them down logically, but they accurately convey the message the sender means to convey. I understand perfectly what the term 'male lesbian' is trying to convey.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Exactly. I only tried to put a fine point on the logic of the expression since another poster stated that a male could not be a lesbian.

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    Krististeph,

I'm a male crossdresser, that is straight, and is attracted to women. I want to become a woman, but I still want to love being with at least one woman. So, I guess that means that I am a "male lesbian".

P.S. You look amazing in your avatar pic!
    Charlotte

Platinum Member
    Hi Krististeph, I'm not a male lesbian but if I was I would want to be a Lipstick Lesbian.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!