Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you consider yourself to fall under the term "male lesbian"?

Gone to live my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Krististeph View Post
    ... What aspects of the term might you agree or align with?
    Hi Krististeph . . . thinking, thinking, . . . to be honest sweetie, the only part of this term I could align with is "male".

Hugs

Isha

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krististeph View Post
    I've run across this term... a number times over the years, and it seems to me to be an apt description for myself...
    The first time I heard the term was from the always wonderful Eddie Izzard many years ago, and I've used it myself, on and off, just as he did, as a humorous way of describing my own sexuality when "dressed."

The first time I used it was at the Folsom Street Fair in San Francisco, I was en femme and chilling outside a bar listening to a band when a leather guy walked up and started chatting about the festival. He obviously "assumed" I was gay or at least bi - no harm, no foul, no offense taken - and put his arm 'round my waist, I shrugged and said, "Sorry mate, Male Lesbian!" with a smile. He quickly whipped his arm back, and we chatted for a few minutes more before going our separate ways.

I've mainly used the term in the past to describe myself to "vanilla" potential partners, as a way of explaining that I'm not gay/bi/undecided... they've all "got it!"

I'm sorry that some people on the forum seem to be offended by the term, I don't use it to denigrate Lesbians or TS's, far from it... I guess I'm just not very PC.
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

Charlotte Allison Morris NavyM2F_WAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Krististeph, I'm not a male lesbian but if I was I would want to be a Lipstick Lesbian.
    I totally agree. I love wearing lipstick, other makeup, dresses, hosiery, and high heels. If I was a "butch" one, I might as well stay a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Hi Krististeph . . . thinking, thinking, . . . to be honest sweetie, the only part of this term I could align with is "male".
    Isha,

You have to stop putting yourself down, or else you might start believing what you post. There are all types of women, and there are all types of M2F crossdressers and transgendered men.
    Last edited by Sandra; 06-17-2014 at 07:59 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, please read the rules regarding multi posting and quoting posts
    Charlotte

It must have been at about age twelve, when adolescents are discovering, and talking about sex, that I started hearing "I must be a lesbian, cause I love girls". It was only marginally funny then. It did not age well.
    If you are a CD, an attraction to women makes you straight. I know straight is boring, and SO last year, but sometimes you have to face that fact.

I dunno. I guess if you mostly identify as male or you consider yourself male because of your biological sex, BUT you're only sexually and/or romantically attracted to women if you're in a female or feminine gender role yourself, you could consider yourself a "male lesbian". In the end, the genderbread person has more than one or two sliders and words and meanings of words evolve as well.

I do not know whether I am male lesbian. But I know that I like to be in female clothes and in the female role in the bed room. My GG partner should be in male clothes And male role while making love to me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just another silly term floating around out there.

OK, all you "Male Lesbians" here is the test. You know that man part? Uh huh the one women don't have but CDers always want to hide. Lesbians don't have those, so next time you are intimate, remember if you are a lesbian, no touch, no use that part. Try it, most of you won't last 5 minutes as a lesbian
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

A lesbian is a female homosexual; a female who experiences romantic love or sexual attraction to other females. The term lesbian is also used with regard to sexual identity or sexual behavior, or as an adjective to characterize or associate nouns with female homosexuality or same-sex attraction.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbian
    By the above definition, unless you identify as a woman, you cannot be a lesbian. My wife is having great difficulty with Miki being in her life because Miki identifies as a woman, is starting to physically look like an woman and my wife is not a lesbian and does not want a lesbian relationship.

When I only crossdressed, she was tolerant of the CDing as I was a male in bed, and elsewhere in my daily life.

So, there are no male lesbians.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiSJ View Post
    A lesbian is a female homosexual
    By the above definition, unless you identify as a woman, you cannot be a lesbian.
    A lesbian is a female, not someone (a male) who identifies as being a woman.
    So, if you are not a female, you cannot be a lesbian. Except in your own fantasies, of course.

I like the term "male lesbian."

In the interest of humor only, and with no intent on being insensitive.

I had a conversation with a management peer of mine about 12 years ago. She was a declared lesbian at a time when it was less tolerated than today. We were having a late evening conversation in the parking garage. The subject of her being a lesbian was being discussed. I told her then that I admired her bravery in that she knew what she was in a world that was not welcoming of her situation. We had many a frank discussion over the months we worked together. I nearly told her about my cross dressing, but couldn't take that step. I think she was able to read me pretty well though. Her comment one night was that she thought that I was "A Lesbian trapped in the Body of a Man". I think that she meant it as a compliment.

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena_ View Post
    Her comment one night was that she thought that I was "A Lesbian trapped in the Body of a Man". I think that she meant it as a compliment.
    I think she probably did!
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

Language can be a slippery and elusive thing, especially when considering concepts like sex, gender and sexual orientation.

Despite some posts here I believe that, according to the thinking in modern gender studies, a male lesbian is someone who had a natally assigned male sex who self identifies as a woman in gender and has (as a woman) a homosexual sexual orientation. In other words, a transwoman (at whatever stage of transition) who is attracted to women, romantically or sexually (or both).

It is not necessary to be GG to be lesbian. That thinking perpetuates out dated notions that do not distinguish between sex and gender and sexual orientation.

Sorry for the long post but there seems to be some unnecessary confusion around this subject here.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    A lesbian is a female, not someone (a male) who identifies as being a woman.
    So, if you are not a female, you cannot be a lesbian. Except in your own fantasies, of course.
    I assume you re not intentionally trying to anger the TSs here, right? Exactly what would you call a TS who is attracted to women only? Or you are saying that TSs are female and therefore fit being a lesbian? Be careful which pill you choose
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Gold Member
    I agree with Lori here. Basically, as far as non-transitioning individuals, when the clothes come off, you are a male and she is a female!! This pretty much eliminates you as a lesbian.......

I agree about all issues with the term male lesbian. But reverse lesbian actually means something
    totally different:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erse%20lesbian

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I assume you re not intentionally trying to anger the TSs here, right?
    No, I'm not. I was pointing out that Miki used female in the definition of lesbian, but then referred to "identify as a woman". Identifying as a woman doesn't make a female, according to definitions that a female is the sex that can bear young or produce eggs (and other sources use body parts ..vagina, uterus..in their definitions). I see TS's as women - more precisely transwomen - but not female. I have no problem with calling a TS who is attracted to a woman a lesbian. It just doesn't fit the definition Miki provided.

Great answers, thank you all!

Perhaps this refinement would be better:

Male CD/TG/TS with a desire or proclivity to imagine they could be lesbian, were it somehow possible

A noumenon rather than a phenomenon.
    Last edited by Krististeph; 06-20-2014 at 08:34 AM.