Thread: Dancing????

Unhappy Dancing????

I am one of the lucky ones who is able to work from home. I get up in the morning, full en femme, dress as if I were going into the office. At night I sleep in baby doll or panties and cami. And I do go out in public for short times. A young woman at the Company where I work also sells cosmetics and I have asked her for help. So I am dressed, on average, 18+ hours a day. LoriAnn has been invited to this young woman's wedding later this summer and I am so looking forward to attended - she has been such a friend. My problem is I still dance like a guy. She is busy with wedding plans so I hate to ask her for help. Any suggestions. My hope is to go out when the other ladies go out to dance together and maybe even if a guy asks me to dance - that would be heaven! Any thoughts of how to be more fem on the dance floor????
    Luv
    LoriAnn

Do what I did, just go out and wiggle your hips like you think a woman does.

If you do it wrong others will correct you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Become one with the music and express your feelings. That's what I do Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For whatever it's worth I started doing some of Hemilaya's "Bollydance" routines a few months ago - I'm a lot happier with how my body is feeling & moving it couldn't hurt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNEVUGOykFc

Banned Read only
    LoriAnn,
    I'm sorry I haven't any helpful thoughts all I know is if they played the right music I would flip into male mode and let rip !!

That's a tricky one. Could be easy, could be hard for you. Depends on the dance style. Some years ago I learned ballroom, jive, and Latin American dancing, taking the male role. Just recently I have been learning rock'n'roll, again as a male. The point is, all of that is structured style, and the male is taught to lead the dance. If that is where you have come from with your own dancing, then you could be in strife on the dance floor. You would be held instead of doing the holding, and you would need to learn to be passively led instead of leading. And you are going backwards, in high heels, and in your case on the opposite foot to the one you are used to. The times I tried dancing as a female in those kinds of dances were a fiasco.

How do you feel like coming out to your nearest dance studio and getting some lessons to dance as a woman? It could well be the least-worst way of approaching your quandary. As professionals who are taking your money, it is very much in the interest of a dance school to treat their customers with respect. Why who knows, in their minds they could be thinking you could be the doorway, so to speak, to a whole new market sector.

But if you are dancing freestyle and your partner doesn't touch you, that's easy. Turn off the "structure" chip in your brain and let it rip, girl...

Added later: around dance studios, it is common to see the ladies in their heels, using either little elastic garters or else clear adhesive tape which goes around the mid-section of the foot and the sole of the shoe, to hold their shoes on as they dance backwards. Might be a good thought for you if that is the style of dancing you are contemplating, especially if you have not had significant history going backwards in heels.

Love

When I took ballroom dancing in college ,
    The Lady who taught it could easily dance either part.
    So I feel sure most dance studios would have no problem teaching
    You to dance either part

Jean Ann

check out some of the dancing ladies at weddings on youtube.

you might notice their arm movements and hip movements

practice, practice. practice
    DonnaT

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yes..practice.... people either have rhythm or they dont...being more fem on a dancefloor can transfer over to all your movements if you do it enough. Its also a great workout...dance like nobody is watching, and have a sip of wine to loosen things up a bit.

Only way to learn to dance is just practice. Try watching some graceful moves by some of the more sensuous dancers and then practice. The rhythm of the music is important to listen to also..... Lol

Platinum Member
    Hi Lori Ann, I don't know about dancing but you have a great job being able to dress for work.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!