Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shopping with those who don't know

Shopping with those who don't know

My cousin and his wife are visiting from Australia and my daughter and wife and I are in Chicago with them today staying in a nice hotel right downtown. Our guests want to shop the stores today. Only my wife knows about me. All these amazing stores! I am going to have such a hard time pretending indifference. Sigh....

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sammie . . . so how are planning to contain yourself? I guess you will have to put those acting skills to the task

Good luck and at least enjoy the day internally.

Hugs

Isha

Sounds like fun. Maybe you can mail order something you saw later, or the Missus can pick it up for you.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Personally in those situations I become everyone else's personal shopper. I constantly pick out things for them to try on and live vicariously through them, sure I get a few odd looks from the fellas, but that is normal anyway for me.

You can always window shop and go back to take a closer look.Been in your spot many times Id always prefer Roxie shopping over any other.

LOL, Nadine......I do the same thing... i used to do it for my wife for years before I ever told her...(still laughing)...when we finally had "the talk", after awhile, after things calmed down, at one point she finally put two and two together, the lightbulb went off, and she broke out laughing. She still runs her choices past me and asks for advice.

At least she knows what I will be suffering through today...

I had a similar experience - when visiting friends in Oz shopping was tricky for me (but I did manage to buy a dress, skirt, blouse, and a few necklaces to remember the trip)
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 06-16-2014 at 10:19 AM.

BEEN there I just ask my wife if she likes this or that. She knows if I ask I want it and act like it's for herself and get it.
    Angie

Maybe some nice jewelry or lingerie......."for your wife......or samantha's friends"?

Have fun and do buy something for Samantha.

It is soo fun to go shopping with people who don't know. They are often amazed how I am able to pick out such great clothes or guide them to a good look. Its always fun to shop. Let us know how it goes, Samantha!!

Be like me, show your artistic talents fashion wise.

As a photographer I worked with fashion qute often and I knew what was trendy and what went with what.

I could amaze my friends and win a girlfriend or two into the bargain.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh, God, we are in Guess! I love Guess!....This is awful!
    Give me strength, girls...lol.

Gone to live my life
    Deep breaths sweetie . . . deep breaths.

Hugs

Isha

Welcome to te city darlin !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    At least you don't have to worry about 'losing' anything on this shopping trip .....

Funny Samantha! Get yourself something nice!
    Suzanne

Just try to contain yourself. Look irritated that they're taking too long. It will probably be easy to look irritated, because you can't shop like you would like to.
    Last edited by Farrah; 06-14-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Hope you're holding up OK in our fine city. I was in downtown Chicago for most of this past week; my wife and daughter shopped while I worked a trade show, in my suit and tie amid plenty of women in skirts or dresses and heels ... *sigh*

Platinum Member
    Hi Samantha, Wear dark glasses so they will not be able to see what you are looking at.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I had to wear dark glasses, but it was so they would not see me crying...lol
    Last edited by samantha rogers; 06-14-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Breathe deep Sam and take good notes for the next time you are there. Also, downtown is a great place to see what other girls are wearing. The weekend dress code is much different than the work week, but still a lot to look at.

Since I haven't bought retail for sometime now, I'd just look at the tags and roll my eyes.....

Renne......

On the bright side Sammie, at least you didn't ruin your mascara if you were crying :-).

Well I hope you enjoyed our city, the Magnificent Mile is a great place to shop... Lots of stores, how long are you in town?

I survived.
    It was a very long day. Sigh. At least the circumstances prevented me from squandering the mortgage...lol.
    Thanks for the good wishes everyone.
    I simply must come back here along, though...sigh. :-)

This is the first thread I've found abt out shopping. Just to say I was in a girly shop today + finding some pink leggings went towards changing room to try them on..2 staff near there - as entered 1 aaid I can't go in there. Didn't ask why. I guessed why...because I wasn't en femme. Winder if it woukd have worked if I was. Still bought them - only wasted £4 if they don't fit. Wonder if it would have worked if the staf weren't there.

Davina/Wiccle